Although the online classes offer just as much as the traditional classes they are completely different when it comes to teaching methods, course material and time. One similarity that traditional class and online classes have in common is that they both can provide the proper education for the students to graduate with. There are several pros and cons about online classes and traditional classes but one of the biggest issues will always be time.
A main concern that many students have while attending college is time. Trying to find the time to work, spend time with their family, and go to school can be very stressful for some students. Someone who does not work, or doesn’t have kids might not have an issue with fitting time into their schedule for traditional classes. For the students who do have a busy life might find it harder to attend a traditional classroom, so they have the option of taking online classes and making the classes fit around their time schedule.
Another concern that some students might have is communication. Some students might not need to have a teacher in front of them and teach the course material to them, to whereas some students might need the te...
... middle of paper ...
...nditions. Students taking online classes might find it easier to attend family gatherings, traveling, and attended to personal needs. An online class allows the students to work on their own time, to whereas the traditional classes they have to stick with a schedule.
There are many differences in taking an online class and a traditional class, time, communication, teacher student ratio time and the teaching methods. Both courses still have some similarities between them and what they require the student to do. Both classes have its pros and cons on deciding what to take. Most people still prefer to take the traditional classes because the traditional classes offer a lot more than online classes. Even though online can be more convenient for some student it might not fit their needs, not having a teacher in front of them teaching can be very hard for them to learn.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Today, more and more colleges are offering courses to students that are entirely online. Students who are drawn to online courses include students working full-time jobs, students who would prefer a private study environment or students who find that online courses are easier than traditional courses. Most people have very busy lives, thus not leaving much time for anything else. Many of these people would like to have the time to return to school for different reasons (i.e. earning a higher degree, taking a class on something they enjoy, etc.).... [tags: Virtual learning environment, E-learning]
1063 words (3 pages)
- In 1999, Mark Bonner of PricewaterhouseCoopers accurately predicted, “Online learning will rapidly become one of the most cost-effective ways to educate the world’s expanding workforce.” Fifteen years later, his statement is truer than ever, as the price of going to a four-year university skyrockets, and technology required to get the same degree online becomes more available. According to the National Center for Education Statistics, from 2000 to 2010, the average cost for undergraduate tuition, room, and board at public institutions increased over forty percent.... [tags: technology, online learning]
1561 words (4.5 pages)
- 77% of educators believe that online learning is just as good as Traditional learning, if not better. Nearly 70% of students claim online instructors to be as good as or better than in traditional classroom settings. 26% of online students prefer to learn online than in a classroom (Online Learning vs Traditional Learning. 2016). There are many advantages and disadvantages to traditional and online learning. Traditional learning provides students with immediate feedback from the instructor, more teacher/student interaction, and provides the chance to socially engaging with peers.... [tags: Learning, Education, Management, Skill]
989 words (2.8 pages)
- Introduction With the rapid pace of online courses’ increasing, enrollment in online courses have rising continuously for several years. “Over 6.1 million students were taking at least one online course during the fall 2010 term” (Allen & Seaman, 2011). Comparing to traditional class, online course offers several advantages to students, which include flexibility, adaptability, accessibility and so forth (Borstorff, 2007). For student who has high level of communication apprehension (CA), the most noticeable benefit the one could gain from online course would be communication via computer mediation, which has been called as computer-mediated communication (CMC).... [tags: education and the internet, online courses]
885 words (2.5 pages)
- Education should be one of the most important things in a person’s life. Most people are trying to achieve an education. It is stressful when you are trying to decide what school you want to go to. While debating on whether to attend college or not, many people wonder which education is better online or traditional education. As the cost of education increases a lot of students are choosing online education because its’ flexibility. If you look at it from both point of views you are accomplishing the same thing from both, which is a degree.... [tags: time, cost, books]
990 words (2.8 pages)
- The days of walking ten miles, without shoes, and uphill in the snow to get an education are gone. Today students have the opportunity to attend school via the Internet through online classes. The option of taking online classes to earn an education has become ideal for those who work or need a way to fit education to their schedule. More students are opting to take this virtual route because of the flexibility for the time and place of attending classes. As a virtual college student, I cleared up a scheduling conflict by adding an online class.... [tags: Technology and Education, internet, e-learning]
1042 words (3 pages)
- Which Type of Education Is Right for You When I was fired from my job in February, 2015, it was then that I decided to go to college. I never thought I could, that I would be able to pass my classes, especially college algebra. Being my first semester I thought it would be for the best that I take traditional college classes on campus. I’m sure, throughout the duration of my degree, I will at some point take an online class or two. Because NPC is a 2 year school, most everyone will have to take a few online courses.... [tags: High school, College, Difference, School]
1121 words (3.2 pages)
- Sweat dripped onto the paper and a quick sweeping motion distorted freshly written words making them illegible. Whispered curses draw the attention of nearby students. The A/C is broken today and windows are propped open and the rattling of an old fan is making it difficult to make out what the teacher is saying. The sound of one student open-mouth-chewing in the back row is seemingly in rhythm with the nervous tapping of another student nearby. The professors words start to fade into the background and the words on the whiteboard blur out of focus as the minute hand nears the bottom of the hour.... [tags: Education, internet]
1211 words (3.5 pages)
- Online Universities and Traditional Universities Traditional universities are a wonderful way to study for students who have the time and patience to deal with teachers and classmates. In contrast, online universities are the ideal way to study for students who do not have the time to go to school and those who enjoy working at their own pace. Some students enjoy traditional universities while others prefer online universities. If someone chooses a traditional university and then realizes that he or she is unable to keep up with his or her schedule and class work, this student might decide to try an online university.... [tags: compare contrast]
455 words (1.3 pages)
- There is an ongoing debate whether online courses should be included for universities or not. These online courses are valuable, and universities should include these courses in the options for classes, because an online class is just as effective as a traditional college course. Online courses have just as much interaction with a professor as a traditional college course. Online courses also have students interact with each other. Lastly, online courses offers many benefits that helps the students and administration.... [tags: E-learning, Virtual learning environment]
1302 words (3.7 pages)