"Hello I'm a Mac, and I'm a PC" (Wikipedia). Many people who watch television or online videos might come across the "Get a Mac" advertisement campaign launched by Apple Inc. personifying the more youthful Justin Long as the cool, hip Mac system and the older, more seasoned John Hodgman as the PC. The "Get a Mac" commercial series depicts the efficiency and user friendliness of Mac while comparing it to the problematic PC. Though the commercial series might seem convincing in favor of the Mac products, the commercial would obviously hide the flaws of the Macs. The actually masks the fact that PC comes out on top at the end of the day with great efficiency, the ability to do a diverse range of work, and its user-friendliness. But now the question is, how does one prove that the PC is triumphant over Mac.
The answer is quite simple actually. All people really need to do prove that PC is better than Macs is to just analyze two things, the hardware and the operating system. The hardware of the computer is basically all the key components that composes a computer. Basically, the four key components of computer to analyze is the CPU which is the brain of the computer, the motherboard which the heart of the computer, the RAM which is the memory processing device, and the graphics card which generates images onto the monitor. In addition to the computer hardware, the next part of the computer to analyze is the operating system. Worldnetweb defines an operating system as a "software that controls the execution of computer programs" which makes the use of the computer possible (Worldnetweb). The two major operating systems (OS for short) in the world are the Apple Macintosh OS and Microsoft Windows OS. Now that the terms hardware an...
... middle of paper ...
...he reason why students, businessman, scientists and people at home all over the world prefer the use of the efficient, user-friendly, and diverse workability of the PC systems over Mac computers.
"Get a Mac." Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Web. 18 Jan. 2011.
"PC vs. Mac." Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Server and Embedded Processor Technology - Intel. Web. 19 Jan. 2011.
Princeton University. Web. 12 Jan. 2011.
Ziberg, Christian. "Side by Side: Windows 7 vs. OS X Snow Leopard | TG Daily." TG Daily | Technology, Science, Entertainment, and Business News. 28 Oct. 2008. Web. 19 Jan. 2011.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- We hear it all the time. Or no, I don't guess we do, cause it mostly seems like a PC world to me.I was reluctant to ever get a computer, I just wanted to do things the old way and not set foot into this new world. People would over and over urge me to get one, especially after watching a movie I had made or seeing the television shows. I guess they knew what new worlds it would open up for me. But I just knew I was way too far behind to get caught up on all that technology. A few years back when Roanoke.com had first built the website and set up email and all...well, I didn't even know how to answer an email.... [tags: Technology Comparison Personal Computer Mac]
1289 words (3.7 pages)
- Mac vs. PC: The Debate and the Dilemma Background of the Debate The debate between whether to buy Macintosh or buy a PC has been ongoing since Microsoft first introduced Microsoft Windows in November 1984. Apple Macintosh had developed its first personal computer, mouse and graphical user interface (GUI) in January of 1984. The debate has grown and has been the subject of many articles and even is the main high light of various websites. This frequently heated debate has even been compared to the Pepsi vs.... [tags: Technology ]
1313 words (3.8 pages)
- Kurzweil Mac V4.5 and Solo 6 (Read Out Loud) Comparison Background Windham High School, which opened in August 2009, offers a technology rich curriculum supported by a one-to-one laptop program. Each student is equipped with a MacBook laptop containing a suite of programs to support student learning and productivity. Embedded within the MacBook laptop is an easily accessible text-to-speech tool that students can use for auditory support. Students with qualified learning disabilities are enrolled in Bookshare, an organization that provides access to digital materials and free software to access the digital materials.... [tags: productivity, eBooks, software, technology]
1074 words (3.1 pages)
- This report is going to talk about history of operating system, current development of the Open Source operating system (we are taking Linux operating system) and Windows operating system, evolving of operating system and comparison between Open Source and Proprietary System such as Windows. Besides that, we will take a deep look on how old operating system is being replaced by modern operating system in this fast developed technology era on evolving of operating system part. Here we will introduce a little bit about what is operating system, basic function on operating system and some popular example of operating system.... [tags: open source, technology, Mac OS]
2190 words (6.3 pages)
- Microsoft Computers Microsoft is currently the largest company in the computer industry. With a market capitalization of $291 billion, Microsoft has built an empire by dominating software sales for personal computers. Stock growth over the past 25 years has increased by more than 30,000%. However, Microsoft’s growth has substantially decreased since the market collapse of 2001(Niemond 25 April 2007). From June 2004 to June 2005, Microsoft saw a 33% growth in net income. However, from June 2005 to June 2006, growth decreased to 2%.... [tags: Computer Industry Comparison Market Analysis]
1997 words (5.7 pages)
- Theme of Freedom in Beloved and One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest Freedom as defined in Websterís dictionary is liberation from the control of another person or arbitrary power, a being able to act or move without hindrance or restraint. My definition of freedom is altered from this due to the various experiences I have had. These experiences affect my perception of life and influence how I define freedom, just as another person would view freedom differently than me. Freedom, as I perceive it to be, is the ability to live a life without any restrictions or limitations imposed on you by others. You must have complete control over every aspect in your life. Most people think of freedom... [tags: comparison compare contrast essays]
2433 words (7 pages)
- Topologies Comparison Topologies are categorized into different virtual shapes or structures with the basic types being Mesh, Bus, Ring, and Star. “More complex networks can be built as hybrids of two or more of the above basic topologies.” (Mitchell, 2008) These basic topologies are structured in to networks as Ethernet, Token Ring, FDDI, and wireless networking. Any business or individual making a decision of which type of topology is best used for a specific environment or network should know and understand the advantages and disadvantages of each type of topology, in addition to the advantages and disadvantages of each network type.... [tags: Network Topology]
1348 words (3.9 pages)
- ABSTRACT In this paper, we will conduct a comparison on Fast Ethernet Network Switches and Gigabit Ethernet Network Switches offered by 3COM. We will review a few specific components, as well as compare features, pricing and preferred usage. DEFINITION In order to have a greater understanding of the terminology and descriptions offered in this paper, we must first understand what a network switch is. A brief definition of a network switch is a computer networking device that connects network segments.... [tags: essays research papers]
1104 words (3.2 pages)
- A Comparison of the Establishment of Genre and Narrative in Two Crime Films In this essay I will compare how genre and narrative are established in 2 crime films. The main iconography of this genre is fairly easy to identify; props such as guns, latex gloves, sirens, rain are used frequently in Hollywood crime films such as Se7en (1995). The conventions of this genre are also fairly easy to recognise: detectives with long trench coats, the killer being the least likely character, huge urban settings and signifiers like dead bodies have successfully been used in films like Training Day (2001) and Along Came a Spider (2001).... [tags: Papers]
2376 words (6.8 pages)
- MAC (Makeup Art Cosmetics) is originally a Canadian company that has been operating for more than 20 years and it has already penetrate to many countries all around the world, in the North and South America at most. It sells brand cosmetics of high quality that is intended for professional as well as everyday usage. The brand is sought-after also by many celebrities, fashion models, and photographers because of its delicate texture, huge choice of colors, and durability. The products are usually very well tolerated on every skin type and MAC make-up items are also suitable for women with sensitive eyes (MAC, 2007, p.... [tags: mac cosmetics report]
1884 words (5.4 pages)