Jesus is the person that is considered to have a significant influence on the beginnings of the Christian religion. Muhammad is said to have been responsible for the beginnings of the Islamic religion.
I will be delivering some key comparisons in the lives of each of these men. A couple of these comparisons will be discussing the history of each man and show the influence their deaths played on the two individual religions each one is associated with. Another point that I will be showing is how each were and are worshipped. Finally I will explain how their individual messages are carried on today.
Historic live of Jesus
A journey from Galilee to Bethlehem took place by a man named Joseph and a woman named Mary. This was because of a required census that Caesar Augustus decreed for the reason of having the world registered The story as told by many is that Mary, being a virgin and by means of Immaculate Conception, became pregnant and gave birth to the baby Jesus. This birth took place after Mary and Joseph had arrived in Bethlehem and in a stable because there was no room in the inn. This was the fulfillment of one of the prophecies about the Savior of Israel coming out of Bethlehem. After performing all the required laws of birth and circumcision, Joseph, Mary, and the baby Jesus returned to Nazareth. Jesus grew and studied in the religion of his father. This was Judaism. All practices and...
... middle of paper ...
... They use the Five Pillars of Islam as the basis of their practices. There are many holidays that are observed as well. They must believe in these teachings and develop their facets in life on them. Based on this and the effort of each Muslim has developed what is being carried out today (Fisher, 2005).
I have briefly discussed a few topics in comparison with Jesus and Muhammad. These men have similarities in their lives because the foundations of Christianity and Islam are connected. There are however differences in comparison to each because they had separate ministries. Jesus was the Messiah and Muhammad was a prophet. The roles fulfill God’s desire but each in a different capacity and purpose for mankind’s relationship to God.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Comparison of Jesus and Muhammad Jesus is the person that is considered to have a significant influence on the beginnings of the Christian religion. Muhammad is said to have been responsible for the beginnings of the Islamic religion. I will be delivering some key comparisons in the lives of each of these men. A couple of these comparisons will be discussing the history of each man and show the influence their deaths played on the two individual religions each one is associated with.... [tags: Comparison Religion Religious]
1413 words (4 pages)
- Introduction The two most polarizing and influential religious figures of time, Jesus Christ and Muhammad, have been considered to be two people who, at two different times, attempted to bring messages that would change the landscape of the spirituality of the world and gain followings from the masses. Timothy George shows the two for being responsible for creating two of the three historical religions in the world, with both descended from the third, Judaism, in his article in Christianity Today.... [tags: christianity, islam, life, spiritual]
2190 words (6.3 pages)
- Author, William E. Phipps, made an excellent comparison between Muhammad and Jesus in this book and gives the readers an insight into the background of Muslim and Christian religions. Phipps made it very obvious that these two men were dynamic spiritual leaders of the world’s two of the most influential religions. Although they were separated by more than six centuries, they led extraordinarily similar lives. He believed both Jesus and Muhammad represented the same God, taught about God’s love for mankind, and claimed that their way was the truth.... [tags: Religion]
1037 words (3 pages)
- Two of the most influential people in all of religious history would have to have been either Jesus or Muhammad. From the moment they were born and extending far beyond their deaths they were both solely responsible for the founding and the continuation of their respective religions. In the year 6 B.C.E (before common era) the son of God Jesus Christ was born near the town of Bethlehem.(Fisher, 2006) Almost 600 years later in the town of Mecca the eventual Prophet Muhammad was born. The influences and religious experiences of these two people shaped the future of both religions.... [tags: Religion]
1351 words (3.9 pages)
- Jesus is an important religious figure for both Islam and Christianity, although the ways in which he is important differs between the two religions. While Christianity believes him to be the Son of God and part of the Holy Trinity, Islam believes him to be a messenger of God sent to bring the Word of God to believers and non-believers alike so as to bring them to religion. Due to the well-known belief that Jesus was sent to Earth as a prophet by God and that Jesus was declared the Son of God, Muslims consider the message, which was entrusted to Jesus, to be distorted and that this distortion led to the creation of Christianity.... [tags: Comparison: Islam & Christianity]
1392 words (4 pages)
- Since the creation of the universe by God, religions have occupied a huge role of human life. Through out history, humans have adopted or embraced different faiths. Those faiths are sometimes rooted from their ancestors, or sometimes the people are being forced to accept them due to the fact that their rulers are follower of those religions. Religions in general are based on a combination of different thoughts, beliefs, and books. Islam is one those religions which has had different movements and branches.... [tags: Imam Guides, Muhammad]
2144 words (6.1 pages)
- Comparison of Islam to Christianity and Judaism Comparison of Islam to Christianity and Judaism Islam has long been viewed by many in America as a fringe religion. When many Americans here the term Islam or Muslim they associate it with such groups as the Nation of Islam or the Black Muslims. However these groups and others like them often have very little in common with the true Islamic faith. They use the term Islam to generate support for their causes, but in so doing they often destroy the public’s view of the main Islamic faith.... [tags: Papers]
861 words (2.5 pages)
- He bravely walked to the bazaar and began to preach. Most of the people there ridiculed him and his teachings, but some believed. Eventually more believed. He took the path of war to spread his teachings. It spread. Now, after fourteen hundred years, over a billion people believe. This is Islam. Though, many of its adherents are concentrated in the Middle East, Muslims are all around the world. This study will look into Islam and how Muslims hold their view of salvation. Around six hundred years before Islam came to be, another man did a similar thing.... [tags: islam, muslims, qur'an, allah]
1817 words (5.2 pages)
- Jesus & Muhammad Paper Introduction Few men have impacted the world in the way that Jesus and Muhammad have. They are the two prominent names in Christianity and Islam. These men were born in separate times. However, they served very similar purposes during their lives. Together, they have influenced the lives of more people in the last two thousand years than any others.... [tags: Religion Religious Christianity Islam]
1735 words (5 pages)
- Muhammad, A Biography Of Prophet A short history about the world's fastest growing religion and of the man, who seeded the plant of Islam himself, Muhammad (saw).... [tags: Muhammad Biography Prophet]
968 words (2.8 pages)