Essay PreviewMore ↓
Perhaps only in fairy tales about animals composition has some function. All parts of the story constructed in such a way that at maximum speed in a short episode to reveal the essence of the phenomenon, to convey the nature of relations between the characters. The simplest story is one episode. This measure contributes to a clearer expression of ideological content. In moral terms, there are two main ideas. The first idea is the glorification of association by which the weak triumph over the strong and evil. The second idea is the glorification of the victory itself, which brings moral satisfaction in the audience. Often, the tales are three situations: three times more turns into a fox cock, three times the wolf comes to the hut the goats. Trinity connected with the emergence of Christianity as a religion. This reflected triune God - Father, God - the son and the Holy Spirit. Also it is popular of using of a number seven and multiples of seven. Stories about animals are characterized by bright optimism: the weak always come out of a difficult situation. It is supported by many situations, especially by the sense of humor. The most complete ideological and artistic conception of tales of animals sold in oral performance.
How to Cite this Page
"Comparing "The wolf and the goat" and "The wolf and the three kittens"." 123HelpMe.com. 23 Jan 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
Comparison of the Russian Folk Tale “The Wolf and the Goat” and the English Folk Tale “The Wolf and the Three Kittens”
- What is common in the tales of different peoples. And how do they differ. I have had many questions and wanted to find the answers. My research is devoted to analysis and comparison of the two tales about animals. The first one is the Russian folk tale "The wolf and the goat" and other one is the English folk tale "The wolf and the three kittens". Comparison began with an introduction to the history of fairy tales: the definition of the genre, the collection and study of fairy tales, with their classification.... [tags: Russia, Folk Tales, Wolf and the Goat, English, Wo]
973 words (2.8 pages)
- The Timber Wolf has a grey but sometimes white cote. It stays with it young for about two years and then abandons the young. They will travel 60% of the winter in a herd. They travel in a pack to keep warm. They also have an alpha wolf like the lion. It it mostly found in the siberian taiga. It is related to the Grey Wolf and Mexican Wolf . The grey fur is the dominant trait for the coat.It is know that the Timber Wolf will look up in the sky and see a raven circling in a cirtain pattern to tell the wolf the there is a live animal an th area.... [tags: mexican wolf, winter]
987 words (2.8 pages)
- Introduction Wolves are a large terrestrial carnivore, the focus of this paper is on (Canis lupus) the Gray wolf of North America. The wolf has always been a controversial issue for humans throughout history. Wolves are considered competition for wild game, a danger to human settlement through predation and disease, and a threat to livestock (Baker, Boitani, Harris, Saunders, & White, 2008). In the United States, wolves have been controlled almost to the point of extinction since the arrival of European settlers.... [tags: Dog, Gray Wolf, Coyote, Wolves]
1328 words (3.8 pages)
- The involvement of social issues in young adult literature is no red flag to modern day society. New Realism, which first occurred around the 1960’s-1970, lead to the evolution of the appropriateness of social issues in the young adult literature genre. (Robinson) In Francesca Lia Block's Wolf, the author addresses the taboos of sexual violence and abuse in the home, and pairs this with the idea of female self-empowerment, and the age appropriateness of young adult literature for young adults.... [tags: Block's Wolf Essays]
1369 words (3.9 pages)
- Teen Wolf is a television show on MTV, and is about how Scott McCall went from zero to lacrosse co-captain after getting bit by a werewolf and turning into one. Now, him and his friends try to protect everyone from the other supernatural beings they encounter. The audience of Teen Wolf is making the show prominent among other television shows with its action scenes and content of the television show, Carl Jung’s character archetypes of the ideal hero, the sidekick/ally, the caregiver, the mentor, the hunter, and the villain affect the characters’ actions.... [tags: teen wolf, mtv, tv show, scott, mccall]
1353 words (3.9 pages)
- The Power of The Sea-Wolf Jack London’s novel, The Sea-Wolf, has many different interpretations. The story can be read as a combination of the naturalistic novel and the sentimental romance, both very popular around the turn of the century. London also brings into play literary naturalism, in which human beings are characterized as just another species in nature, subject to all of Her cosmic forces. The Sea-Wolf fits almost perfectly the archetypal pattern of an initiation story. Depth and interest are added to The Sea-Wolf by successfully integrating these three elements -- the combination of two popular genres, literary naturalism, and the initiation story.... [tags: Sea-Wolf Essays]
983 words (2.8 pages)
- Ken Wolf's Personalities and Problems Ken Wolf, a professor of history at Murray Sate University and author of Personalities and Problems, wrote with the intent to illustrate the varied richness of human history over the past five centuries. He took various personalities such as adventurers, princes, political leaders, and writers and categorized them in a way for readers to draw lines between them to create a clearer view of world history for himself. Beginning each new chapter with a specific question about worldly concerns and disciplines allowed the readers to relate the topics to broader, more general scenarios of their cultures.... [tags: Ken Wolf Personalities Problems Essays]
1348 words (3.9 pages)
- Sea Wolf Wolf Larsen was a character in the book who never made it all the way through the book, but he tried very hard. He was a very strong, brutal man with almost no respect for human life. With all the people in the world, one dead person meant nothing to him. He was a patient man and usually kept himself under control. He was surprisingly smart and thoughtful for a pirate who lives on the sea. He loved the sea and knew many things about it, such as how to outwit his brother when he came near Wolf's boat.... [tags: Sea Wolf Essays]
580 words (1.7 pages)
- Transformation of Humphrey Van Weyden in Jack London’s The Sea Wolf Jack London’s The Sea Wolf is in some ways a philosophical text and a product of its time. The strain it puts on the reader between a social Darwinist and utilitarian perspective against that of a more idealistic one is great. Many times the character of Wolf Larsen is a more consistent articulator of the Darwinian position and seems to always be getting the upper hand argumentatively. However, it is due to a phenomenological outlook on the events presented within The Sea Wolf that the alternative becomes intelligible.... [tags: Sea Wolf]
1240 words (3.5 pages)
- Define a beautiful woman. What kinds of adjectives come to mind. Do her inner qualities make her beautiful as well. What does "beauty is only skin deep" really mean. I always thought what made a person truly and genuinely beautiful, is whats on the inside. So often, we judge women on their appearance first, then their abilities. Did you ever wonder how this came about and why we all do this today. dont try to deny it, were all shallow and addicted to entertainment, its simply our culture, our way of life.... [tags: Naomi Wolf]
1675 words (4.8 pages)
For example, the English fairy tale, in which the protagonists are animals, teach the reader to distinguish between good and bright start from the evil, empathize and help the weak, to believe in justice. Wait for the happy conclusion of testing. The main characters of these tales are the wolf or fox, which embody the evil and the good qualities inherent in a cat or chicken. The whole plot of a fairy tale built on a permanent clash between good and evil. The wolf and the fox is very tricky and dangerous. But humor softens the force of evil, which takes place in English weighty tale. Evil characters constantly ridiculed and often fall into the absurd, comic situations. English tale inherent superimposition episode to episode and repeated its recurrence. This technique enhances the action that leads to the climax and denouement. Feature of fairy tales is that it is off from the real-time. Strict sequence of events creates a special fabulous time in which the chicken and the cat have to overcome a series of tests before they will find happiness. Usually tale ends with the victory of good. Evil is punished. The wolf and the fox in full receive their just deserts for their actions. English tale inherent superimposition episode to episode and repeated its recurrence. This technique enhances the action that leads to the climax and denouement. Feature of fairy tales is that it is off from the real-time. Strict sequence of events creates a special fabulous time in which the chicken and the cat have to overcome a series of tests before they will find happiness. Usually tale ends with the victory of good. Evil is punished. The wolf and the fox in full receive their just deserts for their actions. In the English fairy tale usually no traditional beginning, and ending: lived - were, I was there. In the English tale there is more violent denouement.
Speaking of tales of different peoples with similar subjects, it should be noted that the so obtained in three cases. First, the tales are formed in some people, and then move to other countries, but they have their own folk traditions (introduction, motivation), adapted to local custom. Secondly, there was a similar tale, which occurs independently in different countries because of the commonality of life, psychology, social conditions and the laws of this historical development of peoples. Thirdly, the tales can be transmitted and through the book. National trait is determined by the traditions of the peoples of nations. In fairy tales, this is reflected in the form of flora and fauna of the country where these tales appeared. Animals in the tales copy speech and behavior of people in a country where these tales are depicted. It cannot be otherwise, since history has always been a reflection of people's life, a mirror of national identity.
Russian fairy tale has resemblance of the plot and characters with an English fairy tale, more vibrant, bright, shaped it more adjectives and songs. This is connected with the ancient tradition of telling tales through music and staging. Fairy tales are the oldest creations of the human spirit. A fairy tale is one of the most popular and favorite genres in folklore and literature. We still do not know how to walk, but have heard stories from our mothers and grandmothers. How many stories we heard and read since childhood! There were tales similar to each other and not similar, were funny and sad, long and short. Growing up, we read the story itself, and will read them and teach for a long time. But, reading, always immerse ourselves in its fantastic, magical, and at the same time so vivid and real world. Each story comes alive in the imagination brighter than the cinema or television images. This is no accident. In the end, the tale is the ideal product of the national spirit, honed over centuries and even millennia. Any internal motion of the tale, one of its heroes, any word in the sentence was changed many times before you become what we see them now. In the tale there is nothing superfluous. Everything is in its essentials, precisely-fitting location, and so eternal tale. Tale understands everything. It easily passes all boundaries of language, from one nation to another and still lives a thousand years. Form tale compact, comprehensive, and the manner of presentation of the tale, with a mind so fairly straightforward. Normally illuminated with a soft smile of the narrator, and can convey not only the most characteristic qualities of the man and grab the most profound, the most hidden features in its popular form, for any listener or reader to show that good and bad. Justice, which is so lacking in life, almost always prevails in the tales.
Tales is one of the richest and brightest of folk art. History is always looking for truth and justice, love and happiness in the soul of the people, embodied in the word. In my research I compared the Russian and English folk tales about animals, and saw that they had much in common, as people in the world live on one planet, which is developed the general laws of history. But the tales also show the national identity of the folklore of every nation. Animals and the heroes of fairy tales resemble speech and behavior of people in a country that is represented by these fairy tales. It can also be similar to another story because it always remains a reflection of life of every nation. As long as people exist, they must dream, and, consequently, they cannot do without tales that will inspire, give hope, amusing and comforting.