10/12 met a 2nd grade male student today. Very cofident in his math skills, but is very lacking.
10/13 Presented my student with his pre-assesment he was worried about this affectin his grade. Re-assured him this was only to help me-help him. The assessment did not go as planned. All 3 students wanted to know the correct asnwers. We went over each problem and my student erased his orginal asnwers. I am un-sure at this poing if he knew why or how he got the problem worng, he was more worried about having the right answer. We went into simple addition problems.
10/17 After reviewing the difficulties in the pre-assessment I sat next to my student and had him explain to me how he did the given addition problems. He liked being the teacher, I did not correct him on the problems while he was explaining, after he was done doing the problems I ...
... middle of paper ...
.../21 Confidence is very high today, he enjoys math very much and says “This stuff is so EASY”,after reviewing a problem that he errored on he say “oh yeah I know that.”
After many snow days and my vacation we did not meet for a while
12/8 Last day of tutoring he was very excited, he says he know he has gotten better at math and he gets to graduate today. Did post assessment. I then collected the workshets (learned from pre-assessment not ot let kids look a them to rpevent answer changes). Gathered as a group to go over each problem that was written on the white board. Each student took turns on different problem to “teach” and explain hwo to do the given problem. When it was his turn and he ha to reason out loud, he knew what he did wrong right away and was able to do the problems correctly. Still has difficulty with number sense. He needs more individualized time.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- After analyzing the results of pre and post-assessment, I would say that Learning Goal 1 was the most successful in terms of overall students learning. In addition, the students met Learning Goals 2 and 3 very well too. For learning goal 1, the class average was 92%. I feel as though there are numerous reasons for the students ' success in meeting learning goal 1. Learning goal 1 stated that students will be able to define colonial society based on race and social status and compare and contrast the rigid class in Latin America.... [tags: Education, Educational psychology, Learning]
841 words (2.4 pages)
- This chapter will explain and discuss the proposed research design, including sampling techniques, participants, data collection methods, instruments, procedures and data analysis. Proposed Research Design The research tools used for this study will consist of a pre and post alphabet naming tests. The quantitative data from these tests will be evaluated to determine the results of the study. The pre-test will be used as a baseline for all of the participating kindergarten students. Students will then be assessed after an eight week period.... [tags: Scientific method, Sampling, Data collection]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- ... Even in businesses, manufacturing was done through hand tools and simple machinery. Looking from today’s perspective, life use to be tough pre revolutionary period. There was no better transportation than a cart pulled by horses, there used to be no way to communicate with each other and also all women used to be housewives making food and cleaning house and taking care of everyone. Industrial revolution did change the life styles and also business in their way of working. Industrial revolution gave businesses more profit than what they use to make before the revolution.... [tags: economy, technology, inventions]
936 words (2.7 pages)
- “Discontented with your present condition for reasons which presage for your unfortunate posterity even greater discontent, you will wish perhaps you could go backwards in time – and this feeling must utter the eulogy of your first ancestors, the indictment of your contemporaries, and the terror of those who have the misfortune to live after you” (P.79). In Rousseau’s A Discourse on Inequality, he not only argues the inequalities between men, but also the inequality of happiness between the pre-civilized and post-civilized human.... [tags: Rousseau, desires, savage man, lifestyle]
1733 words (5 pages)
- Assessment Plan Pre-assessment Assessment Objectives Accommodations Carousel brainstorm: This assessment is a form of oral questioning. There will be four questions posted around the room asking various questions about weather and the atmosphere for example: What is atmosphere. Why does weather happen. Where does weather happen. Where does come from. The students will walk around the room and write an answer to each question on the butcher paper below it. This assessment will not be graded. I will use the children’s answers to correct their misconceptions about weather and the atmosphere in future lessons. 1. Define the atmosphere as being made of air and water All of the desks would have... [tags: Precipitation, Water, Rain, Fog]
1560 words (4.5 pages)
- In these days and times of continuous military and terrorist conflict, military soldiers should be required to participate in pre and post deployment health assessments. That brings me to the question, “Why is pre and post deployment health assessments needed?” The revelant of pre and post deployment health assessments will test our soldiers to see if they have any mental issues. Military life, especially the stress of deployments or mobilizations, can present challenges to service members and their families that are both unique and difficult.... [tags: terrorist conflicts, mental illness]
1367 words (3.9 pages)
- There has been plenty of changes in women’s education in recent times. This research paper is a comparison of women’s education post 2000s and pre 2000s. There have been many significant changes in women’s education post 2000 that have bought vast improvements in the equality of education. This brings about my thesis, positive changes in women’s education post 2000 when compared to that of pre 2000s in terms of availability, gender bias and acceptance. Women are more likely now to be able to access education than they were before.... [tags: School, Education, Teacher, History of education]
1281 words (3.7 pages)
- Socialism as defined by the parameters of the post revolution into the pre industrial period was the nearly universally marked by the race to empower the working class. Yet, within this broad definition of socialism, Karl Marx, Gracchus Babeuf, and Robert Owen differ in their views of a utopian society and how it should be formed. It was to be their difference in tradition that caused their break from it to manifest in different forms. Although they had their differences in procedure and motive, these three thinkers formed a paradigm shift that would ignite class struggle and set in motion historical revolutions into the present.... [tags: Marxism, Karl Marx, Socialism, Working class]
769 words (2.2 pages)
- DUBAI Distinct districts, towns, cities, or states are a creative imagination like a film that once touches your heart, captivates your mind forever. And one of the places that I have always to visit -is Dubai, my dream city. I have always been enamored by this lovely city which is nestled in the southern coast of the Persian Gulf on the Arabian Peninsula, and is known as the most populous city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). This review seeks to find out Dubai in its true sense, with Dubai during pre and post modern times, its many attractions as well as must-go tourist destinations.... [tags: United Arab Emirates, Dubai, Persian Gulf]
2647 words (7.6 pages)
- EDST5134 Pre-Assessment: Evaluative Annotated Bibliography Introduction The ability for teachers to address learner diversity has been a critical skill for the Australian modern classroom, this is especially true for the 21st century as students in schools have been more diverse in abilities and backgrounds than in any other time period or place as seen in the sample class provided for this pre-assessment task. The 5 sources chosen for this task highlights key education legislations, policies and pedagogical approaches that can be implemented into classrooms to help teachers with the different areas of student differentiation.... [tags: Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder]
1277 words (3.6 pages)
- Project Management : A Project Manager Of An Engineering Project
- Working With The Saw Program, And What Strengths Would You Help Your Peer Mentoring Work?
- The Social Life Of The Movie ' Spike Jonze '
- Investigating The Cause Of Customer Dissatisfaction
- Comparing Polanyi And Marx 's Theory Of Capitalism
- The Effect Of Exercise On Skeletal Muscle