Julius Caesar was one of Rome’s most famous dictators of that time. Julius Caesar was born around July 12th or 13th, 100 B.C. (Biography.com Editors). Cassius states, “”For once, upon a raw and gusty day, the troubled Tiber chafing with her shores, Caesar said to me “Dar’st thou Cassius, now leap in with me into this angry flood and swim to yonder point?” Upon the word, accoutered as I was, I plunged in and bade him follow. So indeed he did. The torrent roared and we did buffet it with lusty sinews, throwing it aside and stemming it with hearts of controversy. But ere we Could arrive the point proposed, Caesar cried, “Help me Cassius, or I sink”” (Shakespeare 1. 2. 100-111.). In that story, Cassius describes how Caesar dared him to swim across the Tiber, and Caesar swam with him. However, when they were almost across, Caesar got tired and couldn’t swim anymore, so Cassius had to go back and save the future Roman dictator. Thirteen years before Julius died, he defeated a Belgian tribe called the Nervii (Shakespeare 3. 2. 176.). Cassius explains, “I have heard where many of the best respect in Rome ...
... middle of paper ...
...in this modern era was the feud between East Coast rapper, Notorious B.I.G ,and West Coast rapper, Tupac Shakur. Their similarities and differences between Julius and Tupac, and Brutus and Notorious B.I.G. are apparent in their lives.
Applebee, Arthur N., et. al. The Language of Literature 10. Evanston: McDougal
Littell, 2006. Print
Biography.com Editors. “Biggie Smalls Biography.” Biography.com. 2016. Web. 2
Biography.com Editors. “Julius Caesar Biography.” Biography.com. 2016. Web. 15
Biography.com Editors. “Marcus Junius Brutus Biography.” Biography.com. 2016.
Web. 15 May 2016.
Biography.com Editors. “Tupac Shakur Biography.” Biography.com. 2016. Web. 15
Lynskey, Dorian. “Tupac and Biggie died as a result of east/west coast beef.”
theguardian.com. 12 June 2011. Web. 19 May 2016.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Tupac Amaru Shakur , also known by his stage names 2pac and Makaveli, dramatically impacted the world through his contributions of art works to the music and film industry. This diversity makes him even more unique. Tupac: Resurrection, a biography in film, music, and novel is a art in the simplest form, but the way it has affected society makes it so much more. He gives us a look into his everyday life, and how hard it was growing up without a dad, a busy mom, and being arrested in the book. Tupac gives us more than just input on his views of racism , brutality, and gang violence: He shows us a way to approach it, overcome it, and rise above every standard that is set for a black men and wo... [tags: Tupac Shakur, Black people, Hip hop music]
2027 words (5.8 pages)
- Tupac Shakur Tupac Amaru Shakur born in East Harlem section of Manhattan in New York City. His birth name was Lesane Parish Crooks, June 16 1971. His both parents were members of the Black Panther Party. Tupac Shakur was a vocal participant during the East Coast and West Coast hip hop rivalry. He went to High School in California and Maryland. His career brought him back to New York City. Forget about his education and family background, thinking about how he put himself into his career so successfully.... [tags: Tupac Shakur, Hip hop music, Me Against the World]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- Poetry is a form of writing that is commonly used to express feelings. There are many famous poets, from modern and past times, that are famous for the expression of their feelings through poems. One of the most famous rappers of all time is Tupac Amaru Shakur. Tupac Shakur was not only a Rapper, but also an actor, and a poet. One of his most famous works is “When Ure Heart Turns Cold”. In this poem, he talks about his loss of emotion caused from his experiences. Tupac’s work was very famous in his time because he was a unique poet; He talked about things nobody really spoke about in his time.... [tags: Tupac Shakur, Afeni Shakur, Amaru Entertainment]
1848 words (5.3 pages)
- Lesane Parish Crooks AKA Tupac Shakur was born June 26, 1971 in East Harlem New york. His career started off as an roadie, backup dancer, and MC for the hip hop group Digital Underground. He soon branched off as a solo artist. Most of the themes in Shakur's songs revolved around the violence and hardship in inner cities, racism, and other social issues. Both of his parents and several other people in his family were members of the Black Panther Party, whose ideas were reflected in his songs. Tupac was the main participants during the east/west coast rivalry.... [tags: Tupac Shakur, Death Row Records]
1462 words (4.2 pages)
- This paper is about Tupac Shakur one of music history’s greatest artist. He was born in New York City,1971 East Harlem to be exact. His mother was an activist and a part of the Black Panther movement so she raised Tupac with that mentality. Tupac had a pretty difficult childhood because he would move frequently around New York when he was young. He then participated in acting and became a member of the 127th Street Ensemble which was a Harlem-based theater company. Later in his teens he attended Baltimore School for the Arts where he took acting and dance classes.... [tags: Tupac Shakur, Digital Underground, Hip hop music]
856 words (2.4 pages)
- Tupac Shakur was a rap symbol in the 90's. He was born in 1971 to Afeni and Mutulu who were two individuals from the Black Panther Party. He is from East Harlem, New York and later moved toward the West Coast to pursue his rap career. Tupac was a performing artist, rapper, and a motivation to his fans. Sadly, his life came to an end at 25 years old. Today nobody has been convicted for his murder, and the case is still a mystery. On September seventh, 1996 at roughly 11:15 pm, Tupac was in a black BMW with Suge Knight, the leader of Death Row Records.... [tags: Tupac Shakur, The Notorious B.I.G., Hip hop music]
1840 words (5.3 pages)
- Tupac Shakur is widely regarded as one of the greatest rappers to ever live. According to Biography.com, he was born on June 16,1971 in New York to Afeni Shakur, a member of the Black Panther Party. During his childhood and adolescence, Shakur moved from city to city finally making his home in California after his mother moved him away from crime ridden Baltimore. In 1990, Tupac’s hip-hop career got started when he got a gig as a backup dancer with Digital Underground. After this, he landed a deal with Interscope records, not too long after his debut album 2Pacalypse Now hit stores and his fame skyrocketed.... [tags: African American, Black people, Tupac Shakur]
1361 words (3.9 pages)
- Tupac Shakur “Tupac Shakur” is the example of a coming-of-age narrative. In this narrative, the protagonist goes through a lot of phases, situations, and conflicts. However, he is able to get through these things. “June 16, 1971 is when Tupac Shakur was born in East Harlem, NY.“ The Rolling Stone Encyclopedia of Rock and Roll ( Simon and Schuster 2001). Tupac’s mother, father, and sister were big impacts on his life. His mom was a highschool dropout and got impregnated by Tupac’s father, Billy Garland.... [tags: The Notorious B.I.G., Tupac Shakur, Sean Combs]
908 words (2.6 pages)
- Throughout his career, Tupac Shakur was accused of being many things. He was called a gangster, a thug, a criminal. The list goes on and on. However, those are not the words which describe the real Tupac Shakur. Despite what may be assumed of him, the real Tupac Shakur could be described as a philanthropist. A civil rights leader. A dedicated citizen who cared for his community and future generations more than he cared for himself. Although many don’t believe these descriptions to be accurate, a deeper look into some of his more meaningful songs reveals he should be seen as less of a thug, and more of an activist.... [tags: Tupac Shakur, Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z.]
1251 words (3.6 pages)
- 'Tupac Shakur could possibly be the most influential and compelling of all rappers' (Dyson 106) Do we really know who Tupac was. The famous phrase, 'never judge a book by its cover' applies to Tupac's own personality and character. A first look at Tupac and you see darkness, you see a violent man with no purpose or direction in his life. Then you look deeper inside him, you step into his shoes and see a kind, caring, but very confused man. Tupac's life story is like any other typical 'thug' lifestyle.... [tags: Tupac Shakur Rapper Rap Essays]
1937 words (5.5 pages)