Socially our designs share the idea that these shirts are designed to be a sellable product that will attract a certain youth demographic, some would say this demographic would be 12-25 year old males and females who are into a specific genre of music and style somewhat associated with the hipster culture that is popular today. The success of these designs is based upon creating visually appealing graphic elements tied with type, mostly the company or bands identity and highly saturated hues. We both share the drive to establish our own company and promote the brand; this can be seen in the Burn This Forever picture enclosed, as well as with my Nevernood clothing line. In contrast my work is mos...
... middle of paper ...
...t designs, most of my designs could be considered designs on a budget consisting mostly of 2 color designs(3). There is a business or somewhat chaos to Kelly’s designs giving the viewer a lot to look at and take in; my designs tend to be more minimal with the company name being the most present element of the design.
When it comes to physical aspects of our work its very similar the designs are done in programs such as Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop. They are printed in the same screen-printed method with the same plasticide ink. The designs are printed onto apparel items mostly consisting of t-shirts and hooded sweatshirts but could range to a number of 3d objects. I’m not quite sure how the physical elements of this contrast because they are essentially 2d designs printed on a 3d form being apparel and printed in the same fashion with the same medium.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Report To Compare and Contrast Marc Newson To Oscar Niemeyer Designing is the planning or drawing that people produce that shows how something may function, work or look like. It is everywhere in our society today and is an important factor in the world. It also allows people to express their views, ideas and creative flairs in different ways. Such as how today we will be looking out how Marc Newson designs compared to Oscar Niemeyer. Although they are people of very different times, different cultures and different passions there is still one thing for sure that unites them which is designing for individuals and the world.... [tags: architecture, aircrafts]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- Fashion models don’t need to be thin, they need to be diverse and healthy at whatever weight that is. Not everyone is supposed to be thin, some women are big boned and curvy, others are naturally slim and small boned, some are tall, others are short, some are light skinned and others are darker. So many diverse looks exist in the world today and the fashion industry need to change their perception of perfect. Body image in our society is out of control. We have young men and women comparing themselves to unrealistic models and images in the media and feeling bad about the way their own bodies look because they somehow don’t measure up.... [tags: models, weight, designers]
1415 words (4 pages)
- Comparing Islamic and Arabic Architecture Works Cited Missing The Hagia Sophia church and the Suleymaniye mosque are separated by a thousand years but are tied together eternally. One representing the achievement of the Christian-Byzantine empire and the other representing the ability of the Islamic-Ottoman empire and its architect Sinan. Two empires that had very little in common other than their architecture and region. In earlier history the Dome of the Rock represented the Islamic empire's attempt to rival the newly defeated Byzantine empire and its architectural achievements such as the Holy Sepulchre.... [tags: Compare Contrast]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- Comparing CSS and HTML Technologies advance so quickly that it seems no sooner has one technology become widely accepted than it is replaced by something newer and superior. Technologies in the field of web design are no exception. As web-related hardware and software components became faster, more reliable, and easier to use, the web exploded with new websites which led to a dramatic increase in web usage around the world. But as web designers and audiences well know, the web is still in great need of improvement.... [tags: Compare Contrast Comparison Essays]
1903 words (5.4 pages)
- Imagine that you just had your first daughter. From the moment you lay your eyes on her you can’t help but be overrun with joy and happiness. She grows up like a normal child, curious and playful. But one day she changes, she’s no longer vibrant and full of life. You then notice what seem like bruises on her back and take her to the hospital. The doctors there observe that she has a low white blood cell count and recommend that you see an oncologist as a precautionary measure. The diagnosis you receive is one you never could have expected; she leukemia.... [tags: leukemia, designer babies]
763 words (2.2 pages)
- The focus of this report is to compare the structure of Trinity College Library and The Hive. The Hive Library, in Worcester, is a four-story building that is made of golden-colour copper aluminium alloy (exterior) and water proof concrete (interior). Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios designed the building, which costs around ‘£38m’(Ijeh, The modern reader, p2). The library was designed for the use of public as well as the use Worcester University student. On the other hand, Christopher Wren designed The Trinity College in 1676-1695 in Cambridge.... [tags: comparative, libraries]
1229 words (3.5 pages)
- In this essay I have chosen to compare two adverts. I chose two from a magazine called ‘VOGUE’, I chose them as they both were linked by the theme of fashion but were advertising different products, this will help me show differences between the adverts but the fashion theme will help me to also highlight similarities. The first advert I chose was by a company called ‘Garrard’ they make fashion accessories such as leather accessories, silverware and also jewellery which is what they are mainly known for.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1923 words (5.5 pages)
- In the lecture that Kalle Lasn gives he questions the role of contemporary designers. When speaking of designers he puts forth the roles of artists, graphical agitators, packagers of information, and corporate slaves. He then states that he believes most designers today occupy the latter two categories. He speculates that the cause of this situation is that most of todays designers are suffering from what he refers to as an identity crisis. This identity crisis stems from the designers lack of knowing why they are designing.... [tags: designs should not negatively impact society]
734 words (2.1 pages)
- Web design is related to design of web pages and web sites. Successful web designers should have good design skills, should have an aptitude towards drawing, and have knowledge of web-specific factors such as the image compression, screen resolution, website architecture, accessibility, usability, etc. A website might have a host of features such as interactive applications, e-commerce, search engine optimization, animations, etc. All this is the responsibility of the web designer. A career in web designing requires a combination of artistic skill and proficiency with technology.... [tags: Career Description]
507 words (1.4 pages)
- Comparing the Eras: Puritan vs Present In the Bible I follow it is said that Jesus is Mother Mary’s adored son, “Flesh of my flesh and Blood of my blood,” and in fact any child is a being created by the bond between the parents, flesh of their flesh and blood of their blood. Whether a child was born during the Puritan era, or born as of yesterday, the birth of the child would remain unchanged, but what is not evident is whether there is any similarity in the upbringing of a child between the two different eras.... [tags: Comparing Compare Contrast Essays]
1188 words (3.4 pages)