The company that I picked was Under Armour. According to reuters.com, a website that evaluates individual companies, “Under Armour is in the development, marketing, and distribution of apparel, footwear and accessories” (Reuters). The Under Armour headquarters is located in Baltimore, Maryland. Under Armour is a national corporation which sells their products mainly in North America. Under Armour also sells its products international in countries like Europe and Japan. The target customers for Under Armour are men, women, and children. This is the marketing plan for the company Under Armour.
Every company has to have a business mission statement. This a set standard that a company abides by that makes their company unique. Under Armour is no different. Under Armour has a specific mission for their company. For example, on their official website their mission is “to make all athletes better through passion, design, and the relentless pursuit of innovation” (Under Armour). That quote is the standard that Under Armour has set to become a successful company and have a successful product. Under Armour is a company in the athletic apparel business. Under Armour sells shoes and other accessories also. I feel that the company’s business mission statement is understood throughout the organization because the company is always creating new products and new designs for athletes and consumers. In five years, the company will be in the same business that it is today but it will be a worldwide company that will always be empowering athletes and everyday people.
All companies have to engage in the situation analysis of their company. Companies will use SWOT analysis in hopes of bettering their companies’ success. ...
... middle of paper ...
...n in European countries for their sponsorships with major soccer teams. In Europe soccer is a big game and Under Armour realizes this so, they want to market to soccer fans because they see their favorite teams with Under Armour branded uniforms. Under Armour is a major athletic brand. Under Armour is smart because they will always have up to date and most liked athletes endorse their products which catches consumers’ eyes to go buy their product. The last interesting thing that I learned from researching this company is that the company realized that they were not getting the sales that they hoped from woman. As a company they made the decision to setup their game up and create a marketing campaign for woman to draw them into their product. The decision has become a huge success for the company. That is the marketing plan for the company Under Armour.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- What makes a person choose one brand of clothing over another. Is it the price. Or is it the style of the clothing. There are numerous factors that will play a key role in determining who will purchase your products and why they will choose to purchase your product. Kevin Plank, the founder of Under Armour and former captain of the special teams on Maryland University’s football team, would become infuriated at the amount of times he was forced to change his undershirt during games and practices due to how heavy with sweat they would become.... [tags: Under Armour Analysis]
2505 words (7.2 pages)
- ... They are projected to have a 21% growth rate, which can be sustained. “To put the potential in perspective, at this current growth rate Under Armour would hit about $12 billion in annual sales in 10 years, which is about half of where Nike is now.” (Under Armour potential, 2013) There foresight is a clear indication of corporate sustainability. They may not be able to overtake Nike in revenue gains, but coming from where they started, it’s a pretty good future in sight. Recently, Under Armour announced their purchasing of “Map My Fitness”, which is a fitness technology company powering one of the world’s largest digital fitness communities based out of Texas.... [tags: company, negatives, corporate, investment]
2594 words (7.4 pages)
- The first recommendation for Under Armour is that they should build on its relationship with veterans and first responders. In order to do this they should continue to offer the ten percent discount to these groups. Additionally Under Armour will develop a marketing campaign that appeals to veterans and first responders, and builds Under Armour’s reputation as the brand that supports those that support us. The second recommendation for Under Armour is that they should develop a shoe line and marketing campaign for women, based on the idea of everyday athlete.... [tags: Marketing, Athletic shoe, Supply chain management]
703 words (2 pages)
- Arnold Lioy September 4, 2015 Week 3 Assignment – Under Armour SWOT Analysis The SWOT analysis provides an in-depth summary of the internal and external environment which Under Armour is part of in both a company and industry level. It summarizes the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats facing the company. Strengths Weaknesses Brand Loyalty Product Lines High Quality Apparel Focuses Segment Innovative Product Technology Limited Distribution Network International Market Share Opportunities Threats Sports Wear Industry Growing Industry Competition Women’s Wear Industry Growing Similar Products International Markets Innovation 1. Strengths.... [tags: Strategic management, Marketing, Brand]
808 words (2.3 pages)
- Under Armour is a company that never stops innovating, as it has more than 40 scientists, and engineers always workin in hopes of finding the next successful idea. UA also hosts two “Future Show Innovation Challenges,” each year, so that young, and ambitious entrepreneurs around the world have the opportunity to showcase their ideas. This Under Armour future show is the base (starting point) of many of the products that Under Armour releases, or plans to release year after year. Usually around 12 finalists are selected amongst 1,000’s to meet in Baltimore at the Under Armour headquarters where CEO Kevin Plank and his team analyze the products.... [tags: Innovation, Creativity, Headphones, Zipper]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- Since its creation in 1996, Kevin Plank's Under Armour has under gone rapid expansion. It has taken over the performance apparel market in the United States, outselling sporting giants such as Nike and Addidas. The company has even expanded beyond the performance apparel line and introduced products including footwear and casual wear. Although it has an immense following in the United States, Under Armour has been facing many difficult barriers to their entry into foreign markets, specifically Europe.... [tags: Marketing]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- In order to beat its competitors, Under Armour Company can engage in market sensitive fresh product invention. New products are more likely to draw curiosity amongst the populations especially if they commensurate well with the prevailing trends (Hill & Jones 2009, p. 308). UA concentrated on the outside-in (market responsive) approach to carry out its strategies. It is reported that it sourced unique synthetic materials and employed on field product development. This enabled it to create the performance apparel segment in the athletic apparel market.... [tags: Case Study]
1299 words (3.7 pages)
- History: 1996 Kevin Plank develops his first microfiber t-shirts to keep athletes dry during workouts and games he found Under Armour Athletic Apparel. Mission: “Under Armour was developed by athletes for athletes. We understand their needs and the demands of competition, What begin nearly a decade ago with superior under shirt for equipment sports has evolved into six diverse gear lines to cover all seasons. Climate and conditions by employing the finest microfiber fabric Under Armour has engineered the ultimate moisture transport System in garments that slide over your body like a second skin to keep cool, dry and light throughout the course of a game or a workout.” (Universe) Target... [tags: Kevin Plank, athletes, apparel, sports]
1137 words (3.2 pages)
- Under Armour is a leading athletic clothing line directed towards the overall athlete who is looking for the most comfort during extracurricular activities. The mission of the company is, "to provide the world with technically advanced products engineered with exclusive fabric construction, supreme moisture management, and proven innovation. In short, every Under Armour product is doing something for you; it's making you better." Founded in 1996 by University of Maryland graduate Kevin Plank, Under Armour has become the leading supplier of the athletic performance apparel industry.... [tags: Business Strategy Analysis]
999 words (2.9 pages)
- Imagine playing in one of the biggest games of your life and being held back because of what your wearing underneath your gear. That's the way Kevin Plank felt in his football career always having to change underwear because it made him feel sluggish on the field. Well in 1995 on the football field at Byrd Stadium, when Kevin Plank played for The University of Maryland, he became very frustrated with having to change his sweat soaked cotton undershirt four times a game. Such t-shirts, which weigh six-ounces dry, weigh between two and three pounds wet.... [tags: Business History Sporting Apparel]
857 words (2.4 pages)