TEOCO was once an S Corporation known as the Strategic Technology Group founded in 1994. Their focus from the beginning was to offer high quality consultancy for IT projects. Their first clients were Mobil, Siemens, Cable and Wireless, SRA, TRW, and Freddie Mac. Operations began in April 1995 and the company changed their name to TEOCO(The Employee Owned Company) by March 1998. (Strategic Management, 2015) Once the number of employees increased and rose passed 75 TEOCO could no longer be considered as an S Corporation and had to change its status to a C Corporation.
In three startups, TEOCO invested a large amount of capital in netgenshopper.com, Eventrix.com, and Appreciateyou.com. However, none of these ventures proved to be successful. In the year 2000, TEOCO recorded their first financial loss. By 2004, they patented XTrack technology that represents the core of the company 's invoice automation solution. TEOCO gained 24 employees through acquiring Vibrant Solutions in 2006. TEOCO acquired Vero systems and gained an additional 36 employees in 2008. TEOCO currently has over 300 employees and a portfolio of three activities that consist of: cost management, least cost routing, and revenue assurance. (Strategic Management, 2015)
II. Internal Environment
Atul appears to be a very busy man. Although TEOCO has a Human Resources director, Atul serves as the Chief Officer of Human Resources along with his other position in the company.
TEOCO 's internal market is a very interesting one. In the beginning employees could only buy up a certain amount of shares. However, that became difficult for the employees to do because the price of the shares kept rising. To accommodate this, TEOCO limited the dollar amount that co...
... middle of paper ...
...e position of General Manager of the Telecom Business Unit. John has his own set of skills that focuses on client relationship and creativity. (Strategic Management, 2015)
Additional Board Members with expertise in the telecom industry include: Gabriel Battista, Brian J. Conway, Hythem T. El-Nazer, and Robert J. Korzeniewski.
TEOCO should continue doing what it is that they do. Employee recognition and ownership are important to their current workers. Atul should continue to seek positive outcomes from TTI and TA. Profits will arise as will the success of TEOCO and the reputation it has gained with their employees and the views from those outside. More companies should treat their employees as Atul does and view them as an assets to their company 's future instead of the typical employee that comes in everyday without higher up recognition.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Some larger modernized transit systems are already using automated/electronic methods of collecting fares, tracking ridership information, and invoicing companies for rides. Electronic method has two basic parameters for fare payments, these are (1) Payment options i.e. single-ride, multi-ride, period pass, stored value, and post payment; and (2) Payment media i.e. cash, token, paper ticket, magnetic ticket, smart card, credit card, debit /ATM card, and transit vouchers. In addition to this method, some cities have also implemented software solutions to automate their data collection, analysis and reporting in as much as possible.... [tags: urban transit systems]
1426 words (4.1 pages)
- The applicable way of Billx invoicing for more pioneering Summary: The Billx gives the people and business to think beyond expectation by lessening down trouble of accounting work that goes flawlessly into any system. Billx Pty limited one of the leading accounting software company based in Australia. A digital market has grown, along with payment providers should keep pace. Through the rise of mobile e-payments, mobile fund transfer along with electronic bill payments, there are extra opportunities intended for electronic payment thievery.... [tags: Accounts receivable, Invoice, Accounting software]
1351 words (3.9 pages)
- It’s one of the hottest buzzwords in the online marketing world: Automation. Marketing automation sounds ideal. The term itself leads you to believe that you can set up a system and then sit back and relax while leads pour onto the desks of your sales team. But what does reality look like. Could it really be that easy. If your company is considering an investment in this effective online strategy, there are a few marketing automation requirements you must know before you spend your hard earned cash.... [tags: Marketing, Marketing strategy, Automation]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- OVERVIEW: Over the last two decades industrial robots are being implemented in various labour-intensive industries like automobile, manufacturing, agriculture and mining. But in case of food servicing industry especially in meat processing sector we can observe only a meagre amount of implementation of the automated industrial robots, apart from performing the basic or traditional process like picking, packing and palletisation. Meat processing includes various tasks like meat selection meat processing meat cutting and slaughtering picking and packing Automation is already into existence in term of downstream process like pick and packing process but for upstream process like meat... [tags: Robot, Robotics, Industrial robot, Automation]
1343 words (3.8 pages)
- Industrial Robots and Manufacturing Automation Abstract Automation started out as an assembly line of workers doing the same repetitive task all day long. Some of the jobs were very boring, dirty, unpleasant, and possibly dangerous. After the introduction of the first robot in 1961, automation began to advance in ways people could only imagine. Each of the six basic styles of robot used in industry today were designed with different applications in mind. Some of the robots were designed for assembly, others are more suited for simple pick and place applications, while a select few are capable of carrying heavy loads over a large area.... [tags: Robots Automation Essays]
3059 words (8.7 pages)
- Invoice & PO Factoring You have to able to handle cash flow is one of the most important parts of assuring progress for your business. If an opportunity or large expenditure comes up while you have a large amount of receivables, it can wreak havoc with your ability to respond in the short term. Invoice and PO Factoring approve you to plan ahead and partner with our firm to immediately access funds from your receivables while you are waiting for payment from your client Some examples of where receivables factoring makes sense given below: • You have just contracted for a big company.... [tags: Credit card, Credit history, Credit, Cash flow]
1081 words (3.1 pages)
- Go more structure with invoicing solutions The online invoicing software like Billx electronic invoices works in a different ways depending on what the business wants. Individual is that it will pay a larger cost upfront or else they can opt to pay a small monthly fee which gives them definite privileges. Additional options contain paying a low-cost fee and then nothing as of that point onwards. This one in exacting is very striking intended for small companies through three or fewer clients because they no longer have to think at this price to their outgoings.... [tags: Accounts receivable, Accounts payable, Invoice]
1018 words (2.9 pages)
- Research revealed that “53% of marketers say continued communication and nurturing of their existing customers results in moderate to significant revenue impact.” To serve your customers better, your business must be ready and willing to communicate with them often. Communication offers your team the opportunity to identify customer needs and build value-added services. Marketing automation is one solution to maintaining a positive consumer relationship. It helps you build personal connections with customers without the time-consuming tasks.... [tags: Marketing, Sales, Customer service, Customer]
1061 words (3 pages)
- Office Automation SI International (SII) is a company that provides numerous services to military organizations. While "SII" is primarily an Information Technology company, they have numerous contracts which extend beyond Information Technology. One of these contracts is the full service center at the Personnel Service Branch section for the United States Army. The center completes numerous tasks and other co-workers must interact with other co-workers in order for our section to operate smoothly.... [tags: Software Computer Technology]
952 words (2.7 pages)
- Advantage and disadvantage of Sales Force Automation Before in the 1980s, salespersons worked in ‘local offices’ which were responsible for catering customers within a specific geographical region. The salesperson was the professional correspondent who met with key buyers within his jurisdiction and is the knowledgeable product expert who often traveled to meet with clients. However, as a salesperson is often only capable of being well versed with one product, multiple salesperson who are specialized in different products from the selling organization had to be deployed to meet various customer needs and demands which constitutes the sales force (Webster 1980, cited in Sharma 2007).... [tags: Business Marketing]
1552 words (4.4 pages)