The purpose of this report is to reorganize the company for growth, higher revenues, profitability and for greater competitiveness as well as give recommendation. This report has considered the organizational features to be re-modified and challenges to encounter
This report summarizes the process that will follow and the proposed restructures. The proposed restructure reflects the need for new ‘‘organic’’ organizational forms. Not only does a company’s organizational structure help determine how well its workers make decisions, but it also reflects how well they respond to environment conditions. The organizational structure can influence workers attitudes toward their job. A suitable organizational structure can minimize costs, as well as maximize its efficiency, which increases its ability to compete in a global economy. For these reasons, many organizations have reconsidered with their organizational structures in recent years in order to improve their profits, sustainability and competitive edge.
• Project Aims
The purpose of this report is to reflect the practices of the company and proffer suitable organizational components that can help the company manage the challenges and more competitive. Also, make a recommendation in order to bridge the gap between the practices and the market environment. It has been described in the literature the need for companies to undergo changes on a continual basis. Thus the importance of organizational change in today's turbulent business environment has increased.
The objective of the study is to determine strategic imperatives response to unprecedented challenges. Also, to determine the existing organizational components that can be appl...
... middle of paper ...
...uce costs, and create the kind of agile business that can survive the uncertainties.
Bowman, E. H. & Singh, H. (1993) ‘Corporate Restructuring: Reconfiguring the Firm’, Strategic Management Journal, 14, pp. 5-14 Retrieved July 7, 2010 from JSTOR's Website.
Child, J. (2005) Organization: contemporary principles and practice. Malden, MA: Blackwell Publishing
Nadler, D. A. & Tushman, M. L. (1999) ‘The organization of the future: Strategic imperatives and core competencies for the 21st century’, Organizational Dynamics, 28 (1), pp. 45–60
Nzeshi, O. (2009) ‘House Probes Nitel, Mtel Privatisation’ [Online] Available from:
http://allafrica.com/stories/200911300592.html (Accessed 7 July 2010)
Nzeshi, O. (2007) Mtel's Market Share Drops. [Online] Available from: http://allafrica.com/stories/200702080181.html (Accessed 7 July 2010).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Intro Samsung Electronics CO. Ltd. is unquestionably the most important company for the South Korean economy and a world leader in electronics Innovation Company. It is the world's largest technology company in terms of revenues, the largest mobile phone maker and television manufacturer and second largest semiconductor chip producer. If it currently occupies a prominent place on the world market, it does remains that Samsung continued to seek business opportunities and explore in all markets where the company will expand its empire.... [tags: South Korean Economy, Cellphones, Technology]
1787 words (5.1 pages)
- 1. Summary of The Company History Connor, Clark & Lunn Investment Management (CC&L) was founded in 1981 in Vancouver, focusing providing services to Canadian pension clients. This market segment demanded a balanced fund comprising Canadian equities and fixed income because the requirement by tax law. During 18 years development, CC&L it had been growing to a top 10 Canadian pension funds, and the total asset under management (AUM) had been growing to 19 billion, with pension asset under management accounting for 64%, as at December 2000.... [tags: Investment, Management, Strategic management]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- Executive Summary: The entertainment industry holds the immense potential for growth and development. The industry is constantly evolving and Walt Disney emerge as a global leader and recognized as the world’s second largest media conglomerate in the terms of revenue after Comcast. The Walt Disney Company is a multinational entertainment conglomerate headquartered at California, United States. The company integrated its products into five target segments are as follows: (1) Media Networks (2) Parks and Resorts (3) Walt Disney Studios (4) Disney Consumer Products (5) Disney Interactive.... [tags: The Walt Disney Company, Walt Disney]
1398 words (4 pages)
- Introduction InterClean is making several structure changes in order to adapt to the current economic climate and to best position the company to gain market share in the coming years. The restructure of the sales department is an integral part of this overall effort. It is recommended for the sales team to grow from five to nine representatives; which, is to be filled from with in, if possible. Another recommendation is for a line manager to be promoted from with in as well. These changes are to enhance our profitability and its implementation designed to strengthen our relationships.... [tags: Business Marketing]
1939 words (5.5 pages)
- Executive Summary Ford Motor Company has been and till the date is known as the king of innovations in the automobile industry. Their research & development department and innovation of interchangeable parts in moving assembly lines resulted in extraordinary global extension for them. They are an old heritage who ruled and still doing impressive jobs in the global automobile market. Some prestigious motor brands are also owned by Ford. Despite of these good things, Ford Motor faced a loss due to some wrong decisions taken by the management regarding their business strategy.... [tags: automible industry giants]
2126 words (6.1 pages)
- ... Year Award/Certification 2010 Nestle Purina Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award 2010 Nestle Global Food Industry Award. 2011 Nestle 27th World Environment Center (WEC) Gold Medal award 2011 Nestle Stockholm Industry Water Award 2011 Nestlé Malaysia Award of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants for their Sustainability Reporting 2006 Nestle Japan ISO standard certifications: ISO14001, ISO 22000 2006 Nestlé OHSAS 18001 certification 2009 Nestle Waters LEED certification Employees by Geographic area Factories by Geographic area Products The company has a diversified portfolio of products.... [tags: food company, competitors, nutrition]
2625 words (7.5 pages)
- Executive summary Fletcher building has opened in 1909 in Dunedin, New Zealand and they made a timber weatherboard house. It works in 40 countries and in New Zealand it is one of the biggest company. (http://www.fletcherbuilding.com/about-us/our-history/) Fletcher Building Limited, 810 Great South road, Penrose, Auckland 1061, New Zealand. The company has workforce more the 18000 people across the 40 countries. These all are included external requirements who based on skills. The company is not make changes in core business as an integrated manufacturer and distributor of infrastructure and building products, as well as a construction company.... [tags: Corporation, Company, Small business]
4382 words (12.5 pages)
- Financial Planning and Management Summary ▲ Financial planning links the goals a business wants to achieve in the future and the resources it will need to achieve these goals. It is also concerned with evaluating the financial resource of a business. Strategic financial management is about setting the goals throughout the business and deciding what resources will be needed to achieve these goals. The main objective of financial management is to properly account for the income and expenditure of a business in order to maximise the value of that business to it’s owners.... [tags: Economic Financial Planning Strategy Summary]
1819 words (5.2 pages)
- Business Plan for Import Export Company This business plan details the launch of a start-up company known as the Import Export Company (IEC). The company functions as a ‘middleman’ in purchasing housewares from manufacturers in China and reselling the products to retail buyers in the US and Canada. The Import Export Company is primarily an independent import/export business. The products we import from China are resold to retail buyers in the US; in addition, we export the products from China directly to retail buyers in Canada.... [tags: Marketing Executive Summary Accouting Essays]
4554 words (13 pages)
- News Summary and Reaction ASTRONOMY “A New Black Hole” “Scientific American Evidence that the heavens house a previously unknown type of black hole was reported by scientists yesterday. Data from NASA’s Chandra X-Ray Observatory revealed a hole was some 600 light-years from the center of the starburst galaxy M82. The brightness of the x-ray source indicates that this moon-size hole has the mass of at least 500 suns, making it intermediate between stellar black holes and the supermassive black holes found at the centers of galaxies.... [tags: Summary and Response]
568 words (1.6 pages)