Many designers are confused about what company image has to do with them. Image, however, is important for everyone, from CEOs to designers alike. It may be a hot dog stand, or it may be a Fortune 500 company: either way, image must be tackled at some point.
In this article, we’ll tackle company image from head to toe: we’ll showcase a few examples of companies that have done it right, explain how this benefits the web design community as a whole, and finally provide steps you can take to improve your company image.
What is company image?
It is important to have an adequate understanding of image. In this case, we use the word image to describe a representation someone will remember of you or your company. This is a combination of the feelings, thoughts, opinions, and beliefs people have about you or your company.
Image is for everyone, not just companies: individuals and daily life are all affected by image. A client’s impression of you, your company’s perceived value – they are all affected by your company image.
Because everyone is human, we bring our own biases to the way we perceive the images of others. For example, someone might be a great speaker, but if they stand completely still when speaking, they will leave a strange impression. This will affect his or her image.
Every small detail factors into how you or your company is perceived. Everything makes a huge difference when it comes to image. This is why companies can afford to hire expensive PR firms: because th...
... middle of paper ...
... to clients.
Consider separating your social network profiles, creating one for your business and one for your personal. For example, one maybe your company’s Twitter, answering customer questions and providing information, while another is more personal and/or humorous. This way you can separate your target audiences for each stream.
This essay helped you to evaluate your company image. It presents invaluable resources on maintaining a professional image as well as how to apply them usefully in your company or business.
• Make a great first impression.
• Maintain a consistent identity.
• Change something up, but don’t go too far.
• Be correct in your language and information.
• Establish a business identity, not a casual one.
• Be meticulous in your presentation.
• Separate your work and play.
• Never use business branding on a personal website.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Offshoring allows companies to stream their productions globally. With this they may then begin to cut cost of good to a lower rate to increase the demand. This investment acquires new customers and even puts the companies into new market opportunities. On the other hand, in times of high unemployment in the United States, sending jobs out of the country can hurt a company’s public image. Fewer regulations in other countries can make it less expensive for American factories to operate, but environmental damage and labor abuses that make the news can tarnish the image of companies involved there.... [tags: United States, Unemployment, Middle class]
1093 words (3.1 pages)
- Analysis Tools Value chain Five forces Threat of New Entry (Weak): • Large amount of capital required • High retaliation possible from existing companies, if new entrants would bring innovative products and ideas to the industry • Few legal barriers protect existing companies from new entrants • All automotive companies have established brand image and reputation • Products are mainly differentiated by design and engineering quality • New entrant could easily access suppliers and distributors • It is very hard to achieve economies of scale for small companies • Governments often protect their home markets by introducing high import taxes Supplier power (Weak): • Large number... [tags: Automotive industry, Japan, Strategic management]
1925 words (5.5 pages)
- External image of Thai Oil Public Company Limited Thai Oil Limited Company is a subsidiary company of PTT Thai group Limited Company which is a corporate company established in Thailand. Moreover, PTT Thai group is the biggest shareholder (49.1% of shareholder ratio) of the issued and paid-up capital of the company. Thai Oil is the firm of petroleum refinery specifically in Complex Refinery produced in high modern tech-nology and relevant to involved chain petrochemical firm. The major market is the national market guaranteed with one of the most efficient oil refinery companies in South-east Pacific.... [tags: Petroleum, Oil refinery, Petrochemical, Refinery]
759 words (2.2 pages)
- 4 May16 - Company Incorporation Singapore Helps in Branding Your Business - offpage Blog SBS - Mohan - Shri Company Incorporation Singapore Helps in Branding Your Business There is a very substantial reason for committing to a company incorporation Singapore. When entrepreneurs stumble upon dazzling business ideas, they respond in different ways. Some of them reveal it to their friends to discuss its viability and some mull over their find until it grows stale on them. If you are one of the former types of individual, why not indulge in a Singapore company incorporation and cash in your business idea.... [tags: Corporation, Limited liability company]
955 words (2.7 pages)
- ... Year Award/Certification 2010 Nestle Purina Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award 2010 Nestle Global Food Industry Award. 2011 Nestle 27th World Environment Center (WEC) Gold Medal award 2011 Nestle Stockholm Industry Water Award 2011 Nestlé Malaysia Award of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants for their Sustainability Reporting 2006 Nestle Japan ISO standard certifications: ISO14001, ISO 22000 2006 Nestlé OHSAS 18001 certification 2009 Nestle Waters LEED certification Employees by Geographic area Factories by Geographic area Products The company has a diversified portfolio of products.... [tags: food company, competitors, nutrition]
2625 words (7.5 pages)
- ... Each interval is expressed by quantifiers with certain magnitudes, with a neutral point as central quantifier (Lopes, Nogueira-Martins, Andrade & Barros, 2011). As the image concept is a complex and multifaceted one (Halic & Chiciudean, 2004), in practice is very difficult to study all the indicators of an organization's image. Therefore, we focused on the employees’ image as a highly relevant imagological component of Police organization, based on the fact that the image of an institution is largely influenced by the interaction of its members with the outside world (Hatch & Schultz, 1997).... [tags: foreign cultures, image concept]
1960 words (5.6 pages)
- A Comprehensive Guide on Singapore Company Registration for Foreign Investors Are you planning to relocate and set up a company in Singapore. This is not surprising because every investor wishing to expand their business abroad can gain easy access to the international market by incorporating a company in Singapore. Having been crowned as the 1st rank holder in 'ease of doing business ' report of the World Bank for 10 straight years, Singapore has become the most sought after destination for global investors.... [tags: Corporation, Company, Limited liability company]
701 words (2 pages)
- USING company SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR) TO WIN 3 Individual’s focuses on a range of things once evaluating job opportunities like pay, bonus, job satisfaction, personal growth, benefits, company’s potential and site. company Social Responsibility connects workers to the corporate associate degreed become an incentive. smart workers works for a company with a decent name for CSR and ethics. they like to figure for the corporate that additionally supports charitable activities. so as to draw in and retain smart workers company must produce awareness concerning the CSR activities and success concerned in it.... [tags: Corporation, Company, Laborer]
1064 words (3 pages)
- Introduction “Mickey Mouse, either by name or by image, is better known in more places on this mud-ball earth than any human being in all history. In their day neither Caesar nor Napoleon were half so widely known” (Wallace, 1949). The Walt Disney Company, commonly known as Disney has created the iconic Mickey Mouse image that is known all over the globe, demonstrating Disney’s power in the media. The Walt Disney Company has been the world’s most dominant story telling company, making it highly responsible for constructing representations of childhood culture.... [tags: Walt Disney, The Walt Disney Company]
2017 words (5.8 pages)
- A SWOT analysis is used to assess a company’s strengths and weaknesses found within the company, as well as opportunities and threats that emerge from the external environment. In this analysis, the main strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats facing the Ford Motor Company will be discussed to provide a powerful analysis tool that supports the planning process for marketers. Ford’s research and development capabilities act as strength to the company as customer wants and needs constantly change.... [tags: Marketing, Ford Motor Company, Automobile]
709 words (2 pages)