ECS has a very individual connection to me as it has been my old school. Prior to 2006, the district has two outdated buildings. One was kindergarten to 5th grade and the other was a 6th through 8th grade. With the vision from the current superintended and the support of the community, the consolidation of the two schools was established. The elementary school was closed and the middle school was expanded and modernized with the latest technology of that time. The elementary school was sold to the high school district and the money was used for the technological updates. The goal was to be able to have all students being able to access technology on any given day.
This year, we have a student teacher ratio of 11:1. We have increased out Project Lead the Way Program for all students in k-8th and have added additional courses to the program. We also purchased a 3-D printer and have expanded our Audio Visual Art program. Because Eastampton is such a small town, everyone knows everyone. Typically, students have extended family members that live in town. It’s not uncommon for students to have siblings in a younger grade level. The 8th graders have ...
... middle of paper ...
...r said, “you will be the most hated person in the school…you have to believe what you’re doing is the right fit for the district and the students….”
Like an effective teacher, we need to be effective administrators to be able to create an effective budget. However anyone looks at it, a school is a business. If we invest well in the community and its students, they will grow up and share the same dedication we have. As you can see, many of the people I interviewed have a connection to not only the town but also the school. It is also good to note that funding will always decrease, but we need to be ready when it does. This is why it’s critical that all stakeholders are involved and know what their responsibilities are in the school’s budget. Planning for the future to meet the shared vision and mission of the district is the goal of creating any effective budget.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The 2008 financial crisis gave birth to one of the most significant economic periods in the history of the United States, The Great Recession. People coast to coast found themselves buried so deeply by financial ruin that foreclosing on homes, ditching costly health insurance, and filing for bankruptcy became the societal norm. The country had become a house-less and jobless nation in the blink of an eye. In less than a year, the national unemployment rate had nearly doubled and left economists painting a grim future.... [tags: Unemployment, Employment, Cory Booker, New Jersey]
2394 words (6.8 pages)
- West Orange is a suburban township that’s located in central Essex County, New Jersey, United States. The district of West Orange is highly involved with the community, the safety of the citizens involved and try to interact with them as in activities too. Many residents/citizens move from different townships into West Orange because it’s considered as a safe environment especially, for good school standards for children. As in, when someone asks, “In what city do you live in?” and your response would be West Orange.... [tags: Crime, Police, Criminology, New Jersey]
828 words (2.4 pages)
- I have lived in Teaneck, New Jersey all my life. I’ve been surrounded by many of the same people for the past 18 years. The people who know me well would describe me as kind and creative. The first quality people that don’t know me well would say that I am quiet. That is not who I am and that is definitely not how I want to be remembered. I consider myself as kind, open minded, and intelligent. I don 't think of myself as quite. I want to be heard. I want to have a voice. I want to be remembered for the good acts that I do and the impact that I have on people 's lives.... [tags: Education, Teacher, High school, School]
1593 words (4.6 pages)
- The New Jersey Devil The urban legend I chose to write about for this assignment is the story of the Jersey Devil. The Jersey Devil is a creature that was, according to legend, born from a woman in southern New Jersey and it is supposed to have haunted the people of the surrounding area for at least 260 years. The Jersey Devil is known as a creature that mutilates livestock as well as other animals and is said to appear shortly before disasters occur. I was able to listen to two versions of the story surrounding the Jersey Devil while conducting research for this assignment.... [tags: Urban Legends Ghost Stories]
1508 words (4.3 pages)
- Ellucian is the student information system software used at Bergen Community College. Ellucian is linked to internal databases, such as; Student Planning, Moodle, Banner, Blackboard and SharePoint. In researching open source higher education databases I found five of the many open source databases that are available to higher education institutions. They are: 1. Courseware 2.5, -OS 2. Manhattan Virtual Classroom 2.1, -OS 3. Moodle 1.1.1,-OS/WIN 4. Whiteboard 1.0.2-OS 5. ATutor 1.3-OS Open source software is an important component of today’s higher education.... [tags: Higher education, College, Community college]
706 words (2 pages)
- Pros and Cons of School Uniforms Traditionally the private institutions are the ones with school uniforms but US public school are increasing in numbers these past years. During the 2011-2012 school year, almost one in five US public schools required students to wear uniforms. These required uniform rules in public are found more commonly in high-poverty areas. Proponents say that school uniforms make schools safer for students, create a "level playing field" that decreases differences between students, and encourage children to focus on their studies rather than their clothes.... [tags: High school, Dress code, School types]
1694 words (4.8 pages)
- Attending The Mississippi School of Arts is not only an opportunity, but a privilege. Working with a large network of alumni and former students that have similar passions in life, can keep me motivated to do art. Having a community of artist around will help me to stay productive and creative. Surrounding myself with other artist can lead to new ideas, constructive criticism, and a great camaraderie with classmates. I want to be able to attend workshops and lectures, meet with visiting artist, and participate in extracurricular activities that bring me in contact with other artist.... [tags: High school, Extracurricular activity]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
- School to Work after the School to Work Opportunities Act In July 1994, Congress passed the School to Work Opportunities Act (STWOA), allocating funds to establish statewide partnerships designed to prepare students with knowledge and skills required for employment in the workplace. Recent reports show that STW has varied considerably across these partnerships, resulting in differing views on the viability of its programs. Now that federal funding from STWOA has ended, what is the aftermath. What are the chances for sustaining STW now that funding has ceased.... [tags: School Work Opportunities Act Essays]
2046 words (5.8 pages)
- There are many factors for the occurrence of school violence. The two most common factors are substance abuse, association with gangs, and guns. School laws try to prevent these factors from endangering the youths in the schools. Many school officials and citizens are convinced that the growing problems of student disruption and general lack of respect for authorities are attributable directly to an over emphasis on students’ rights. The increase in violence, drugs, and weapons in schools has directed our attention to the need to talk all reasonable steps to ensure a safe learning environment for students and teachers.... [tags: School Violence Essays]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- Community This article asks the question; why must schools invite the public to join the dialogue on public education. New structures and committees are being erected in communities across the nation to build stronger connections between schools, school boards, and communities. One such structure is a district advisory committee composed of community leaders. Its purpose is to improve the quality of communication between the school district and the community. It looked for ways to increase community ties to the schools, to make residents more aware of what was going on, and to gain community feedback.... [tags: Teaching Education]
459 words (1.3 pages)