The SFBSF was founded as a result of one person recognizing an extreme need for change in our communities. Father Madigan began the SFBSF in the basement of his church located in Oak Park in 1976 to help the growing number of people in need in Sacramento. Over time, he found many other passionate supporters of the cause and now his non-profit organization is able to provide free emergency goods and services to almost fifteen thousand people in need each month (Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services). Now SFBFS has two locations- one in Oak Park and one on North Sacramento; SFBFS serves Sacramento neighborhoods with severe hardships every day. Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services is, “dedicated to assisting those in need by alleviating their immediate pain and problems and moving them toward self-sufficiency and financial independence (COMMUNITY * INTEGRITY * COMPASSION)” (Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services). The organization’s goals do not involve race, gender, or any ...
... middle of paper ...
...t the people need while making more intelligent and resourceful decisions regarding the health of the organization.
The Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services is an amazing asset Sacramento is extremely fortunate to have. Working to help others improve their lives and access greater opportunities also helps those people reject cultural stereotypes and withstand the harsh economy through the strength of community bonds.
Kymlicka, W. "Multiculturalism vs. Integration: Database - Debate Topics and Debate Motions." IDEA: International Debate Education Association - Debate Resources & Debate Tools. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Dec. 2011.
"Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services." Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Dec. 2011.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There are lots of temp agencies that can help you find the Sacramento CA temp jobs that suit your current skills. Most agencies specialize sourcing workers for all industries present in Sacramento while some just hire for a specific sector. With many agencies in the city, how do you know which one is legit or not. How can you find one. With many companies in Sacramento hiring through temp agencies today, you are relieved of the burden of having to apply directly to employers when an agency can endorse or recommend you to a number of companies more than you can apply on your own.... [tags: sacramento, jobs, temp agencies]
569 words (1.6 pages)
- Sacramento is a big city and is the capital of California. It is the home to seven school districts as well as two universities: University of California, Davis and California State University, Sacramento. Sacramento is in the valley of California so it has many farmers with farmland and suburban areas. The reason that I have chosen Sacramento is because that is where I grew up for most of my life. It is a great city and has a lot of interesting places within. By choosing to write about Sacramento, it will give me the opportunity to learn more about where I lived, which is really important.... [tags: climate changes, sacramento, california]
896 words (2.6 pages)
- Fahlenbrach and Stulz (2011) stated that bank CEO incentives can't be answerable for the credit crisis, as their incentives appeared to be aligned with their interest of their shareholders. Find no evidence that they performed better (Fahlenbrach and Stulz 2011). Fahlenbrach & Stulz (2011) discover verification that banks with higher shareholder- management incentive alignment, options holdings or through stock executed worse during the financial crisis. They conclude, “This evidence recommends that CEOs took exposures that they feel were profitable for their shareholders ex ante but that these exposures performed very poorly ex post.... [tags: Bank CEO Compensation]
2971 words (8.5 pages)
- a. What is Dimon trying to accomplish in addition to learning about the situation at Bank One. House of Dimon - Dimon called the initial phase of his turnaround plan “boot camp,” emphasizing the early focus on tactics and execution. He planned to spend the bulk of boot camp—the first 100 days or so— learning the business, understanding the company’s problems, strengthening the balance sheet, and improving the operating margins. Longer-term strategic vision would take place in subsequent phases.... [tags: Bank One Case Study]
2135 words (6.1 pages)
- “A thirty-year perspective: past and future” is a series of windows into the 30-year period in Sub-Saharan Africa which saw a rapid change in GDP per capita from the early 1970s up until 1987. The document lays down several reasons for the lack of development in these countries, and gives various strategies that could help reform their economic conditions for a brighter future. From my perspective, the article focuses on theories of modernization, and this paper will be contradicting that theory by supporting the dependency theory, critically analysing the reasons for Africa’s poor economic performance in the past, as well as possibilities for the future.... [tags: Economics]
2092 words (6 pages)
- Problem Gambling Service Coordination Demonstration Project Report 25 June 2010 Contents Project Background 3 Project Methodology and Outcomes 4 Project Deliverables 5 Project Report: Integrating Service Coordination & Problem Gambling Treatment 7 Recommended Actions 8 Appendices 9 Project Background The project is an initiative of the Victorian Government’s Taking Action on Problem Gambling Strategy (2006 – 2011) developed to enhance problem gambling treatment and the responsiveness of the problem gambling service system.... [tags: Project Report]
1526 words (4.4 pages)
- Starting from the year 1990, the international community has set up plans to eliminate poverty in the world by the year 2015 with a set of specific goals to be achieved by that date. These goals were set up according to the studies done beforehand, that showed where and what the major poverty areas and problems in the world were. These studies explained that although the poverty problem was extensive, there were several factors of which the crisis was mainly constituted. The first problem was extreme income poverty, with almost half the world's population living on less than $2 a day, and a fifth living on less than $1 daily.... [tags: essays research papers]
2271 words (6.5 pages)
- Financial Services Industry Report In order to succeed in the global market, it is imperative to know the various global financial institutions and the sources of funds for international operations. This paper will identify the role of financial institutions in the global economy and explore changes this industry will be experiencing during the next decade. In addition, this paper will demonstrate the impact these changes will have on Campbell Soup Company. Financial institutions have the ability to serve as agents for its clients providing financial services.... [tags: essays research papers]
1189 words (3.4 pages)
- An Investigation and a Report into the Customer Services at Sainsburys Introduction For my business report on customer service I have chosen to investigate Sainsburys. Sainsburys is a leading UK and US food retailer; although Sainsbury's main business activity consists of food sales they also have interests in financial and property markets. The Sainsbury's group consists of Sainsburys supermarkets and bank in the UK and Shaws supermarkets in the US and employ a total of 172,900 people throughout their company.... [tags: Business and Management Studies: Case Studies]
3314 words (9.5 pages)
- A Report on NatWest Bank and an Analysis of the Banking Industry 1. Introduction This report focuses on NatWest and the industry in which it operates. The purpose of the report is to give a concise but accurate view of how NatWest operates as an organisation and the links between its environment, in this case the banking industry. Company History =============== National Westminster Bank came into being in 1968 when National Provincial Bank and Westminster Bank merged and began trading on 1st January 1970.... [tags: Papers]
1921 words (5.5 pages)