The SFBSF was founded as a result of one person recognizing an extreme need for change in our communities. Father Madigan began the SFBSF in the basement of his church located in Oak Park in 1976 to help the growing number of people in need in Sacramento. Over time, he found many other passionate supporters of the cause and now his non-profit organization is able to provide free emergency goods and services to almost fifteen thousand people in need each month (Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services). Now SFBFS has two locations- one in Oak Park and one on North Sacramento; SFBFS serves Sacramento neighborhoods with severe hardships every day. Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services is, “dedicated to assisting those in need by alleviating their immediate pain and problems and moving them toward self-sufficiency and financial independence (COMMUNITY * INTEGRITY * COMPASSION)” (Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services). The organization’s goals do not involve race, gender, or any ...
... middle of paper ...
...t the people need while making more intelligent and resourceful decisions regarding the health of the organization.
The Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services is an amazing asset Sacramento is extremely fortunate to have. Working to help others improve their lives and access greater opportunities also helps those people reject cultural stereotypes and withstand the harsh economy through the strength of community bonds.
Kymlicka, W. "Multiculturalism vs. Integration: Database - Debate Topics and Debate Motions." IDEA: International Debate Education Association - Debate Resources & Debate Tools. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Dec. 2011.
"Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services." Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Dec. 2011.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In simple words, Banking can be defined as the business activity of accepting and protection money owned by other individuals and entities, and then giving out this money in order to earn a profit. However, with the channel of time, the activities covered by banking business have widened and now various other services are also offered by banks. The banking services these days include issuance of debit and credit cards, providing safe custody of valuable items, lockers, ATM services and online transfer of funds across the country / world .In Lebanon there is two types of bank ,local bank and foreign bank.... [tags: Bank, Cheque, Finance, Financial services]
990 words (2.8 pages)
- The Nigerian banking and financial services competitive environment has changed radically. From the heydays of the financial services and banking boom of the 1990s, when the country was dotted with over 200 financial institutions – commercial banks, merchant banks, community banks, mortgage banks, finance houses - to the new dispensation in which the country progressed fully into the era of universal banking with 24 banks operating in the country (Sanusi, 2012). The faltering Nigerian economy and the banking industry experienced a systemic crisis in 2009, triggered by the global economic crunch, which was followed by the collapse of the Nigerian stock market.... [tags: Bank, Financial services, Central bank]
852 words (2.4 pages)
- Because of international development in the top, the social space in the mountain disadvantages individuals at the bottom. The World Bank Development Report for 2009, social space is conceptualized as the mountain, which represents individuals networked within space. The people within the social space contribute to the system by providing human capital to sustain the mountain, which represents the center of the network. However, the poor individuals networked in the social space are ostracized, underpaid, and overworked.... [tags: World Bank, Poverty, Working class, Development]
1204 words (3.4 pages)
- According to Cheang (2004), the universal bank can be defined as the banking system in which the bank offer the whole variety of financial products and services. He also states that it combines both investment banking and commercial banking, for example, lending and taking a deposit, selling insurance, issuing underwriting, investing and trading in securities. To me therefore, the universal bank refers to the banking system which operates completely financial services like a supermarket. It is impossible to against with the universal banking system.... [tags: Bank, Financial services, Banking]
1136 words (3.2 pages)
- This paper will demonstrate the gap between traditional financial institutions and alternative financial services in vulnerable communities. In the past decade, low-income communities such as Baltimore City and the individuals who reside there have experienced limited access to financial services, affordable credit, and investment capital through traditional financial institutions. This is also known as “redlining” and today this limitation continues persistence of discriminatory lending practices in Baltimore city.... [tags: Financial services, Bank, Insurance]
2874 words (8.2 pages)
- The size of the financially excluded population in the world is massive: according to the United Nations, roughly 2.5 billion people around the globe lack access to formal financial services i.e. Banking services – such as a bank account, credit, insurance, a safe place to keep savings and a protected and effective means to receive social benefit payments – through a registered financial institution. Though this problem is universal, the level of financial exclusion has assumed more horrific dimensions in developing countries like in India.... [tags: Bank, Financial services, Banking]
1270 words (3.6 pages)
- 1.4. Case description The Indian apex bank, the RBI argued that the context in India was different from that of other countries which had launched successful mobile money services (for example M-Pesa in Kenya), and therefore developed a prescriptive regulatory framework for India (Gupta & Tahilyani, 2013). In particular, they were of the opinion that other countries: a) had services which focused only on remittances, and not a complete set of mobile banking tools such as bank accounts, fixed deposits, recurring deposits and insurance, which the RBI wanted deployed in India, b) had relatively poor banking infrastructure compared to India, c) had a national identification number which could... [tags: Bank, Financial services, Mobile phone]
1404 words (4 pages)
- Even when making an online bank transfer may sound like an easy question, in reality, it is a quite complex operation that involves the participation of several parties. The parties typically involves in an online payment services are the following: - Payment service users (payer or payee), namely the customers. - Payment services provider. There are six categories: credit institutions; electronic money institutions; post office giro institutions (entitled under national law to provide payment services); payment institutions; the European Central Bank and national central banks (when not acting in their capacity as monetary authority or other public authorities); and Member States or their... [tags: Bank, Money, Contract, Financial services]
1012 words (2.9 pages)
- Retail banking is the cluster of products and services that banks usually provide to consumers and small businesses through branches, the Internet, and various channels. “Bank of America serves more than 38 million consumer and small business relationships in the nation’s fastest-growing and most diverse communities. Sales, service, and fulfillment are provided through more than 5,800 banking centers and nearly 17,000 ATMs in 29 states and the District of Columbia. We also offer our customers the leading online banking service in the United States, with more active online bill payers than all competing banks combined, as well as a 24-hour telephone banking service that earns high ratings for... [tags: Leadership, Management, Bank, Decision making]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- There are lots of temp agencies that can help you find the Sacramento CA temp jobs that suit your current skills. Most agencies specialize sourcing workers for all industries present in Sacramento while some just hire for a specific sector. With many agencies in the city, how do you know which one is legit or not. How can you find one. With many companies in Sacramento hiring through temp agencies today, you are relieved of the burden of having to apply directly to employers when an agency can endorse or recommend you to a number of companies more than you can apply on your own.... [tags: sacramento, jobs, temp agencies]
569 words (1.6 pages)