The Counseling and Career Service Center is where students go to get help with their career and personal problems to be successful in their classes. For a students career needs they offer free workshops to help improve in diffrent things. For example workshops on test taking, interviewing techniques and successful job searching. If you are not sure what career is right for you, they have online test that best match your interest. For your personal needs, they have a counseling service. Workshops are offered here for dealing with stress and test taking these workshops are 1 hour and free. There are counselors to help a student with emergencies or crisis. These counselors are qualified to make referrals for mental health resources.
Secondly, the Enrollment Center is the next beneficial building that focuses on student success since it offers every student...
... middle of paper ...
GCC offers their students like other colleges service buildings that can prove beneficial to both new and old students, but the most helpful service buildings are the Career Service Center, Enrollment Center, and Testing and Student Success Services Building. The Enrollment Center helps students with information about scholarships, financial aid and other information that students might need to be successful in college.The three buildings in this essay are the major points The Career Service Center building helps students with their career and counseling needs. The Testing and Student Success Services building helps students with the classes that they should take to be successful in their studies.“Education has the power to inspire growth and change lives”. Going to GCC will not only allow you to be with a diversity of students, but assure your future success.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I. Introduction I always wanted to attend to an important college. To me, that meant that the smartest people has to be there and one that had good reputation. After research and research I understood that my life have changed since I got to the United States. As an international student my opportunities were less, since I do not qualify for financial aid. My choices were less, but i realized that that does not stop me in going to college and prepare myself to be someone in life. I do not need to be at the most important college to prove myself how worth it I am.... [tags: mision, teachers, graduates]
530 words (1.5 pages)
- Description In 2013, Dr. John McKay came to Sandhills Community College to recruit students into the Wingate University Doctorate Program. In addition, it is felt that McKay’s major rationale for visiting SCC to recruit was because the program at Wingate University specifically targeted the community colleges – it was the Community College Leadership Program. Listening to McKay’s speech about the Community College Leadership Program was exciting – it was far from an elevator speech, although elevator speeches are excited as well.... [tags: College, University, Community college]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- American Community College Are On the Rise In America, there are numerous colleges, universities, trade schools and techs. Some cause financial problems, some you’ll spend lots of time and some you won’t. Community colleges are only 36% of the tuition and fees at a 4-year college/university, which make it more affordable than a traditional college. (Snyder) They only last two years if you are a full-time student. Community colleges are the step brothers of four-year universities. They were placed within communities for local education that people can have easier access to.... [tags: Higher education, College, Community college]
1645 words (4.7 pages)
- For the past few decades, receiving a college education has been a stressed importance in today’s society. However it is often misunderstood that attending a 4-year school is the best and only way to go. Following this belief, many students attend these schools with out being academically, financially, or mentally prepared. Unfortunately students like this have failed to over look the more realistic options available to them, such as community college. Junior college is a resource available to anyone regardless of his or her previous academic performance.... [tags: Community Colleges]
948 words (2.7 pages)
- In our American society it is the role of the president to devise plans that will benefit our society as a whole. He might suggest that he has this plan to solve global warming our maybe he has concerns with the way a certain policy should be. Like presidents of the past president Obama has concerns and changes of his own he would like to put into place. Community colleges offer a wide range of degrees for cutting edge technical careers in today 's industries that help bridge opportunities to higher economic class.... [tags: Higher education, College, Community college]
916 words (2.6 pages)
- I see my life as a series of experiences that build upon one another and, through my hard work and determination, lead to overall long and short term goals that I have set for myself. There are thousands upon thousands of things that affect my life both directly and indirectly all of which have varying degrees of influence on me. Three areas of my life that most certainly have had a profound impact on me are scholarship, spiritual formation, and service. These three areas have affected me positively, and have motivated me to pursue higher levels of education, and have challenged me to set my lifetime goals higher.... [tags: admissions essays]
1073 words (3.1 pages)
- Introduction On January 20, 2015, president Obama made the State of the Union address to Congress and the nation. He spoke about issues facing the United States, from sick leave to global warming. He urged congress to keep an open mind on his new courageous plan, tuition-free community college. The plan has been named America’s College Promise Act of 2015. He stated that by the year 2020, two in every three job opportunities will demand a higher education degree (State of the Union, 2015). Unfortunately, most Americans feel that higher education is not attainable for them.... [tags: Higher education, Community college]
1442 words (4.1 pages)
- In America, there are numerous colleges, universities, trade schools and technical schools. Some cause financial problems, some you’ll spend lots of time such as 4 to 6+ years and some you won’t. Community colleges are only 36% of the tuition and fees at a 4-year college/university, which make it more affordable than a traditional college (Snyder 1). They only last two years if you are a full-time student. Community colleges are the step brothers of four-year universities. They were placed within communities for local education that people can have easier access to.... [tags: Higher education, College, Community college]
1443 words (4.1 pages)
- Impact of Community Colleges on the California Economy Community colleges train thousands of individuals every year to maintain the critical infrastructure of the state. California 's community colleges train and educate 80% of all of the state 's firefighters, police officers, emergency medical technicians, and 70% of all state nurses (CCC Key Facts). Moreover, investment in California community colleges allows for economic growth. For every $1 California contributes to community college education, it will receive a net return of $4.50 to the state 's economic growth (Huelsman).... [tags: Higher education, College, Community college]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- Peer Groups and the Institute of the Community College As I went through the research process for this paper I conducted many interviews with former classmates who are now either attending a four-year university or a local community college. The original intent was to find out their reasons for attending the institution they chose to attend. As I accumulated information I began to see a glaring trend in the relationship between the social group the individual was a member of and the college they ended up attending.... [tags: Education Community Colleges Essays Research]
4746 words (13.6 pages)