Behavior is a key factor in the performance and effectiveness of a team in the workplace. The ability to detect warning signs of conflicting personalities is beneficial in a strong team. Business owners should work with an employee's personality and behavior to promote a positive and profitable work environment. Creating a focused, directed, and engaged team will build the connection between communication and personality styles instead of working against it. Once a successful team is built, owners should learn how to cultivate them and develop strategies to best combine different personalities to maximize productivity.
Communicating Effectively as a Team
Determining Key Elements
Learning to communicate effectively in the workforce relies on learning valuable techniques regarding behavior. Personalities and motivation to develop strategies are key elements reviewed to enhance productivity. Identifying methods to accomplish a common goal and working together as one within a team will promote the ability to acquire the end result. Assembling a team offers several benefits to a business owner and will build the connection between personality styles and communication to maximize productivity and promote a positive work environment. By utilizing different backgrounds, skills, and specific types of application, business owners will create a focused and effective team and promote an overall positive environment to maximize productivity. Learning how to cultivate and develop strategies within a team will allow for maximum performance and productivity.
Negotiating teams can create new opportunities for intellectual solutions. Researchers Leigh Thom...
... middle of paper ...
Kelly, Bob (Aug 2005). Performance Optimization Solutions For Better Efficiency And Productivity. Customer Inter@tion Solutions, 24(2), 58.
Meyer, Paul J (Jan 25, 1999) Five qualities of successful individuals New Straits Times 34
Pyatt, Elizabeth (2007, Jan25). Building blocks for teams. Retrieved February 14, 2007, from Teaching and Learning with Technology Web site: http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/teams/
Straw, Keiron (Oct/Nov 2005) Getting leaders involved in communication strategy Strategic Communication Management 9 14
Thompson, Peterson, Erika (1997). Negotiation Teamwork: The Impact of. ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR AND HUMAN DECISION PROCESSES. 72, 364-383.
Wehrspann & Associates, (2007). Workplace Dynamics. Retrieved February 21, 2007, from Uniting People, Purpose and Place for a Healthy Bottom Line Web site: http://www.wplaced.com/leadership.shtml
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Communication is the bridge that connects people to each other. But do all people know how to communicate. All of us believe that it is not a complicated process and we never think of what it takes to deliver a clear message or idea. But communication is like any other skill, it needs practice and learning to master it and have the ability to pass our thoughts to other people in a clear and transparent way. The text defines interpersonal communication as “interaction with others.(Hybels, Weaver, 2007 p156).... [tags: Interpersonal Communication]
2076 words (5.9 pages)
- ... The use of E-mail for communication is useful in communicating with parents when there is a concern or success with a particular student. E-mails can be a good source of communication because most people are able to check their e-mails throughout the day making them a convenient way to communicate with others. Likewise e-mails are a beneficial tool for parents to be able to communicate with the teacher. E-mail can also be used to remind students of upcoming tests or projects. Text messaging can also be a convenient way to reach parents.... [tags: teaching success, education]
650 words (1.9 pages)
- Effective Team Communication In the environment today, it is not unusual to see people working in teams to accomplish certain goals and tasks. During our youth, parents and teachers encourage us through various methods to work as part of a team. Whether a sports team, classroom team, or after school activities, parents and teachers and other authority figures start the introduction of working in teams and teaching the value of being able to work together to accomplish a common goal. As people progress through the various stages of their lives, everyone continues to strive to communicate.... [tags: Organization Communication Team Work]
1791 words (5.1 pages)
- Abstract The focus of this paper is to show how communication is a very vital and important factor in a team’s success. I will cover how it helps to identify each individual team member’s role. I will discuss how team communication helps everyone in the team to understand the end goal, and I will also discuss how communication is a vital part of project planning within the team. The Importance of Team Communication Team dynamics is the unseen force that pulls and influences a team to act and react in a certain way, according to BusinessKnowledgeSource.com (2003).... [tags: Team Communication Group]
1454 words (4.2 pages)
- A Team's Purpose Whether it’s in academia, in business, in sports or in family, teams can play a significant role in the success of a purpose. In academia, teams come together to complete learning projects. In sports, teams are formed to win championships. In business, teams may be created to meet a specific objective. Men and women marry, have children and become teams within their community with goals specific to their core values. One common denominator that all these teams require for success is effective communication.... [tags: Team Work Communication Leadership]
1211 words (3.5 pages)
- Team communication is vital in many aspects of our professions. It is human nature to coexist with others in various roles: be it in the military, emergency medicine, football, or even school. The American Heritage Dictionary (n.d.) defines communication as the exchange of thoughts, messages, or information, as by speech, signals, writing, or behavior. While serving in the United States Armed Forces, service members have to learn to take orders from those that are ranked higher than themselves. But it is also critical to be able to listen to those who are subordinates as well.... [tags: Communication Team ]
1144 words (3.3 pages)
- Team Communication Abstract Having a team is harder than working alone. Every member of their own way on how they understand when people are communicating and how they communicate with others. Observing different types of teams, whether its football or in a business atmosphere, they all have the same sort of habits that make them successful. Small things such as, leadership, trust, and how you communicate are key components of many team successes. Team Communication: Keys to a Successful Team In Influence of Covey Habit Training on Teams, it states, “Learning and applying approaches that improve individual and interpersonal approaches that improve individual and interpersonal skills shou... [tags: Communication Team Organization]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- Team Communication Teamwork is very important when it comes to good communication skills. It has been said that effective communication skills empower an individual to inspire and influence others in order to reach the desired outcome, no matter how difficult the situation may appear to be. Anyone who has an open view about all things can give that information to another person and be able to explain why they feel the way they feel. And it can be possible that he/she are able to convince the other party to feel the same way.... [tags: Work Employment Team Communication]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- Throughout humankind, communication has been used from sending firer signals to the pony express; communication is a very important part of our world today. Team Leader and member should always know their audience. Managers have all the tools necessaries to get their message across from meeting, email, office bulletin board, using FedEx. No matter how they chose to get the message across effective communication is important. This paper will discuss the effective communication in a team. Looking more in depth on this subject, explain the reason communication is important, how barriers can effect communication.... [tags: Business Company Communication]
1103 words (3.2 pages)
- Team Dynamics is how a group of two or more that works together for a common goal. One definition of a team is: two or more individuals associated in some joint action. (Webster’s New Collegiate Dictionary (1976). In the business & education world, these joint actions should have some mission or objective that achieves results like a research paper. My Team C has come together with a common goal: Writing a successful paper for week 5 on “What safeguards exist currently to ensure academic honesty & are they working?” For this to be possible we must learn how to work as a team.... [tags: Team Dynamics Teamwork]
740 words (2.1 pages)