Weebles, Inc has several hundred employees in their main office and two hundred at the shipping plant just a few miles away. The LAN or Local Area Network uses 100 gb/1000gb connectivity speeds over Ethernet circuits. Local Area Networks cover small geographical locations and enable individual computers to communicate with each other to share information (Pang, 2011). The Wid...
... middle of paper ...
... external IP address.
Liu, Q., & Zhang, Y. (2011, March). VRSS: A new system for rating and scoring vulnerabilities. Computer Communications, 34(3), 264-273. Retrieved June 08, 2011, from Computers & Applied Sciences Complete.
McDowell, M., & Householder, A. (2009, May 6). Cyber Security Tip ST04-001. In US-CERT. Retrieved June 08, 2011, from CSEC610 9041 Webliography.
Valacich, J, & Schneider, C. (2012). Information Systems Today: Managing in the Digital World 5th Edition. (pp. 12-37). Pearson. ISBN-13: 978-0-13-706699-5.
UMUC. (2011). Custom Textbook for CSEC 610 (pp. 1-13). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc. ISBN 978-0-470-92331-3.
Pang, L. (2011). The vulnerability of information systems in CSEC610. Course module 2 posted in University of Maryland University College CSEC 610 9041 online classroom, archived at: http://webtycho.umuc.edu
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- INTERNET OF THINGS Security, threats, vulnerabilities INTRODUCTION There is so many things about security issues, vulnerabilities and the threats in the Internet Of Things(IOT). There is number of growing IOT attacks and some attacks are able to exploit vulnerabilities in the underlying Linux-based operating systems found in several IoT devices and routers In this we’ll review security incidents and vulnerability to build an model of the threat environment. We’ll learned from these incidents, highlight common threats and identify attack patterns.... [tags: Computer security, Security, Access control]
844 words (2.4 pages)
- This paper explores the challenges that managers face in today’s business professions. The three things that need to be taken into consideration are; the effectiveness of the technological advances, the cost effectiveness of implementing the new technology, and the value of the human being that is currently doing the work that is being replaced by technology. The paper looks at each of these situations and pinpoints validity in why a manger should look closely at each before making a decision on the implementation of new technology in the workplace.... [tags: Management, Technology, ManaGeR, Human]
1165 words (3.3 pages)
- Three of the current trends and issues facing managers are staffing, hiring new employee, and competition. For instance, one of the issues that a first-line manager might face on a daily bases is having just enough on the floor employees. Meaning, if the shift manager was to schedule to many employees or in the case of Starbucks barista, then the shift manager will have some barista standing aside not doing anything because there is someone else already taking care the it. Like-wise, if the shift is short staffed, the shift manager will end up with unhappy customers because customers would have to wait for a longer time before they would get served.... [tags: Coffee, Starbucks, Coffeehouse, Management]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- With the increasingly ubiquitous nature of mobile devices and online availability, including smartphones and tablets, there is also an understandable concern about the level of security that is afforded to such devices. This can be considered as increasingly important given the proliferation of policies such as BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) which is being used by diverse organizations as a way of lowering the cost of ownership for such devices while also leveraging the flexibility advantages that their utilization can bring.... [tags: master key, cyber criminals, android malware]
1303 words (3.7 pages)
- Health care managers referred as health care administrators or even health care executives. The health care managing job at common facilities, the health care manager has all parts or some managers part in the description. For instance, at a home for the elderly that the writer worked at in the past had a “Healthcare Administrator” over the entire facility. Working in a hospital, health care managers may work one section, but he or she will team up with other department health care managers to keep each unit flowing gradually.... [tags: Health care, Employment, Healthcare]
757 words (2.2 pages)
- Phishing can be done in many ways. Phishers have technically high standards and they use innovative techniques for phishing. They will misuse the innovations in the technologies for illegal purposes, so they will invest more in technologies to gain benefits. It has become difficult for phishers to attack the organizations using the old methodology because the organizations are using various security measures and many financial institutions and organizations have increased their online presence.... [tags: web trojan, security vulnerabilities]
1196 words (3.4 pages)
- INTRODUCTION With cyber-attacks on the continuous rise, organizations public and private must address computer security vulnerabilities. SANS Institute has revealed “unpatched client-side software applications” as the top priority vulnerability for organizations globally. In conjunction with unpatched client software, vulnerable “Internet-facing web sites” can result in an organizations infrastructure to be compromised. In this study I will address the issue of unpatched client software, the impact to an organizations infrastructure, and patch management as a vital mitigation solution.... [tags: Technology]
1337 words (3.8 pages)
- An Analysis of Facing It Yusef Komanuyakaa's poem "Facing It" is a brutal examination of the affects that war leaves upon men. The reader can assume that Komanuyakaa drew upon his own experiences in Vietnam, thereby making the poem a personal statement. However, the poem is also a universal and real description of the pain that comes about for a soldier when remembering the horror of war. He creates the poem's persona by using flashbacks to the war, thereby informing the reader as to why the speaker is behaving and feeling the way he is.... [tags: Komanuyakaa Facing It Essays]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- IT managers who are strategic, tend to keep the entire business strategy in mind, as opposed to only the support strategy. IT managers who keep only the support infrastructure in their vision may not always know what the rest of the company is doing. If they only concern themselves with supporting customers, they may be missing important strategic initiatives that the company is trying to bring to those customers. Linking the technology strategy directly linked to the business strategy is a key IT architecture component (Huhta, 2011).... [tags: Information Technology ]
1486 words (4.2 pages)
- I. Introduction Computer crime has been defined as, “Criminal activity directly related to the use of computers, specifically illegal trespass into the computer system or database of another, manipulation or theft of stored or on-line data, or sabotage of equipment and data.” The purpose of this work is to examine breaches in computer security. As a future IT professional, with the possibility of being in charge of protecting the security of a database, it is relevant to take a “hacker approach” to security.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
2448 words (7 pages)