Commercial Ad : Burger King

736 Words3 Pages
Commercial Ad Burger King was founded in 1954 by James McLamore and David Edgerton. In 1954, McLamore and Edgerton decided to open the first Burger King in the beautiful Miami, Fl. In 1957, “The Whopper” sandwich was introduced and became an instant success, leading the two founders to develop “Burger King, Home Of The Whopper” campaign in 1958. With the opening of two restaurants in Puerto Rico in 1963, the founders acquired national and international franchising rights for the Burger King brand in 1961. In 1967, Burger King became a fully owned subsidiary. Later, James McLamore joined the board of directors of Pillsbury and continued to be involved with Burger King until he retired. According to the history of Burger King, at the time of acquisition, Burger King was comprised of 274 restaurants with 8,000 employees in the United States. In the 1970s, Burger King was marked by a number of important milestones, including the “Have It Your Way” campaign in 1974 and the introduction of the Drive-thru service in the U.S. in 1975. In 2006, Burger King Holdings completed a successful init...

More about Commercial Ad : Burger King

Open Document