The Brule River and its surrounding areas were once the stomping grounds of Presidents and the rich and well- heeled. In many ways, this heritage persists, with the land along the Brule having been passed down to family members throughout the generations. This has helped to preserve the unspoiled nature of the area and has created a close-knit community. There is a deep, un-abiding appreciation amongst this community for this area and the thought of spoiling it, would be tantamount to destroying one’s own familial history along with it. However, even in the midst of this private, generational legacy, that is the hallmark of the Brule River area, many others have discovered the wonderful and inviting opportuniti...
... middle of paper ...
...r and subsequent snowfall brings about the enticement of snowmobiling and is an amazing way to appreciate the pristine beauty of the Brule River during winter months.
The Brule River provides the perfect paradise for the outdoorsman or adventure loving family. The area provides a unique combination of landscape, rivers, trails, and ample wildlife. These attributes provide for and invigorating, open-air experience. Numerous outdoor experiences are available to suit a variety of palettes, from the hiking through the serene forest to canoeing through the thrilling rapids of the Brule River. The ideal way to appreciate all that the Brule River has to offer is to rent a cabin and stay for several days. Bring your entire family for a reunion, or just bring yourself for restful retreat. Either way, the Brule River offers sanctuary from the every-day pressures of life.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Dear Hilary, Seven years have passed since our first encounter and in those past seven years, we have made many memories and parted ways several times. Whenever we parted ways, we were led back to each other as if there was a spark between us. Ever since you entered my life I felt as if God somehow sent one of his angels down to me. Over the last few months, I feel like my heart has grown stronger because of the love I have for you. This love gets stronger and stronger each and every day. I long for your soft, warm, and loving touch not only at sunrise but at sunset and at night as well.... [tags: Love Letters Dating Email Relationships]
434 words (1.2 pages)
- ... Being a youth is way more enjoyable than being an adult. You can have fun and do not have to worry about bills, financial problems, or other adult situations. Line 42 is a perfect example of the speaker wanting to return to his childhood where he could be the young boy he could and escape his troubles. Nature is apart of all Robert Frost work in some way shape or form. The title “Birches” shows readers that nature is also in the poem. The trees represent a way to escape the life problems. It gives you happiness and a state of relaxing while it last.... [tags: childhood, climbing, memories]
735 words (2.1 pages)
- In psychology we learned that you are never fully able to “vividly” recall memories, and that often times the memories you do recall are inaccurate. While I do not doubt my professor and her expert knowledge in her field, I truly do feel that there are a few memories I can vividly remember with precise detail. Flashbulb memories are the closest we can get to reliving an event, but even then these memories, while often referred to as “vivid” for lack of a better word, are still not completely accurate.... [tags: Sleep, Memory, Somnolence, Travel trailer]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- The Gift I Cherish Right before Haldun went back to Turkey, he gave me a good luck charm that he brought here from home. The good luck charm was a hand made gift Haldun had received from his parents before coming here. I thought that this was the greatest thing ever, especially coming from one of my best friends. To make any sense of this, I would have to go back about nine months ago. It was the first day of school when I had my study hall in the cafeteria, I noticed a student which resembled an adult in his late 20’s.... [tags: Personal Narratives Turkey Essays]
899 words (2.6 pages)
- She's Come Undone: Self-discovery Throughout She's Come Undone, Wally Lamb emphasizes the importance of self-discovery to one's life. Dolores has several epiphanies throughout the course of the novel, including her realization that all of her failed relationships are not solely her fault. She learns she is worth loving and is capable of surviving on her own. With each discovery about herself, Dolores learns to love herself a little more and blame herself a little less. Dolores' first realization is a sub-conscious one.... [tags: She's Come Undone]
509 words (1.5 pages)
- What Dreams May Come When mortality is contemplated, issues of life, death, and the hereafter are usually the first of a myriad of topics to spontaneously arise as if they are from the dark depths of a person's soul. I believe that this is most eloquently stated by Hamlet: For in that sleep of death what dreams may come, When we have shuffled off this mortal coil, Must give us pause. (III. i.) This passage served as inspiration for Richard Matheson, the author of the novel, What Dreams May Come.... [tags: What Dreams May Come]
698 words (2 pages)
- She's Come Undone: Female Voice One of the most interesting aspects of She's Come Undone is the fact that it is written by a man but is told from a female's point of view. Because of his gender, it is impossible that Lamb could have experienced many of the hardships that Dolores must deal with in his novel. However, Lamb writes with a certain understanding of Dolores and her pain. In She's Come Undone, Lamb addresses issues often avoided by male authors, including female friendships and abortion.... [tags: She's Come Undone]
655 words (1.9 pages)
- Gender-Bending in She's Come Undone Is Wally Lamb, author of She's Come Undone, "qualified" to write a first-person narrator in a female voice. After all, as a man, what does he know about women's issues. In this essay I will discuss the issue of "gender-bending" writers and discuss Mr. Lamb's use of such tool. The term "gender-bender" usually refers to a pop singer or a follower of a pop cult "...who deliberately affects an androgynous appearance by wearing sexually ambiguous clothing, make-up, etc.... [tags: She's Come Undone Essays]
2029 words (5.8 pages)
- ... Now comes the not so good about memories. You know the memories you cherish before a breakup the good things that you want to hold on and never let go, isn’t it funny how they become your worst enemies afterwards. Everything that you loved to think about, to remember you wish you could lock it up and throw the key away. It’s funny how something you loved now it’s something that breaks you apart just thinking about it. At this moments the memories are stuff that you want to run away from, forget about them just so you can feel a little bit less hurt.... [tags: ]
688 words (2 pages)
- Memories I picked up the packet of crisps beside my feet. It was empty. Disappointment. As I sauntered under the bridge, I noticed a bunch of police officers patrolling from a far away distance. My heart thumping loudly, I quickly ran and hid behind the garbage bin. I could just make out what they were saying. “And then he ran off pretending nothing had happened!” Said one of them as they all began to cackle with laughter. Then they suddenly came to a halt looked around and continued to laugh again.... [tags: Personal Narrative Short Story]
1312 words (3.7 pages)