Immediately following my MBA, I plan to continue developing advanced management expertise and domain knowledge of the energy industry through a Strategic Management role. In this position, I will manage multi-faceted teams to implement sound business strategies in global energy markets while sharpening my core competencies in finance, strategy, and sustainability. Building upon my current endeavors with child literacy, I will also continue to help underprivileged children in India by constructing “green” schools with 24/7 utility services, which will increase accessibility and regular attendance.
In the long run, I want to spearhead an alternative energy practice within an integrated company. My team will analyze the clean energy landscape to identify disruptive technologies, develop value-generating business models, and collaborate with start-ups and venture capitalists to market these al...
... middle of paper ...
...those regions. I will then apply this knowledge when partnering or negotiating with international organizations throughout my career.
Above all, the concentrated focus on leadership and social enterprise at Wharton through “Leadership Ventures” and the “Social Enterprise Fellows Program” will allow me to evolve as an effective communicator, an innovative manager, and a compassionate leader. I will utilize these leadership skills to drive my future initiatives with a holistic lens and a sense of social responsibility. In turn, my diverse background and avid interest in the emerging cleantech market will add another international dimension to the Wharton community while contributing to its enthusiasm for clean energy management. I believe that the Wharton MBA experience will provide me the optimal platform to achieve my goal of giving back to the global community.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Why do military trained personnel feel they have better work ethic than their civilian counterparts and vice versa. Peter D. Feaver (2001) fellow researcher of the international security program noted a statement by former Secretary of Defense William Cohen declared that a "chasm" is opening between the military and civilian worlds. Even though civilians have good work ethics, military personnel have the equally valuable yet different work ethics because of the training they received. A study, conducted by researchers at Princeton University, “found that while senior officials [of] the military services received higher evaluations from employees than their [civilian]non-service counterparts... [tags: Ethics ]
2571 words (7.3 pages)
- The Impact On Substance Dependence Edward Hall Substance dependence is defined as a dysfunctional pattern of substance use and abuse. This leads to a clinical significant tolerance or distress. People who suffer from substance dependence are incapable to stop or decrease the use of the drug/substance they are taking; therefore they become dependent on whatever substance it is they are doing. Substance dependence is more of a physical dependence as well; signs of tolerance and withdrawal distinguish it.... [tags: Drug addiction, Physical dependence, Psychology]
1754 words (5 pages)
- Presenting Problem: Robert was encouraged to to seek counseling by his fiance, and willingly scheduled and attended his first appointment on April 18, 2011. Robert is unaware he that exhibits symptoms of Alcohol Dependence, with Physiological Dependance, minimizing the severity of his alcohol use. This diagnosis is based on the apparent increasing tolerance withdrawal symptoms, continued and increased use of alcohol despite the damage to social relationships and work performance. Also, he has used more alcohol to alleviate withdrawal symptoms.... [tags: alcohol dependence, psychological dependence]
566 words (1.6 pages)
- Substance dependence also known as addiction is not a new issue in Australia or in the world. About 230 millions people of the world population are predicted to have used an illicit drug at least once in 2010.1 Meanwhile, in Australia, 15 % of Australian age 14 years and above had at some times used cannabis. 2 In 1964, WHO Expert Committee had changed the term “addiction” to “dependence”. The term can be used with reference to wide range of psychoactive drugs or to particular drug groups. 3 Dependence is described as physical or physiological dependence or both.... [tags: Drug addiction, Addiction, Substance dependence]
1454 words (4.2 pages)
- Addiction is a nasty word. Especially when applied to those who are physically dependent upon analgesics or painkillers. Though the definitions of addiction vary, most addicts are pigeonholed into one negative category. Some painkiller addicts – including celebrities such as right-wing radio host, Rush Limbaugh, singer/actress Courtney Love, and “Friends” star Matthew Perry – can obtain a bad reputation for becoming dependent; others simply need them in order to survive their day to day lives. Judy*, 53, is a high school teacher from Williamsburg, Virginia.... [tags: Dependence vs. Addiction]
2511 words (7.2 pages)
Time Dependence of Partial Integrated Charge Fluctuations in Superconducting Tunnel Junctions (STJs)
- Superconducting tunnel junctions are used as fast high-resolution detectors for X-ray spectroscopy. A superconducting tunnel junction (STJ) consists of two superconducting layers separated by a thin insulating barrier. Biasing the junction at voltage , where is the gap energy of the superconducting material, and is the elementary charge, we can use the STJ as detector. Interacting with superconducting electrode, an X-ray quantum produces an excess of nonequilibrium quasiparticles. Each quasiparticle in the superconductor is a quantum superposition of electron-like and hole-like excitations.... [tags: junction, energy, dependence, noise]
1565 words (4.5 pages)
- Perfection is not within the realms of possibility, but I always knew if I aim for perfection, I could at least achieve excellence. This is the mantra I have followed in every walk of life. I have always learnt to appreciate everything I have taken up, thoroughly and to the fullest. In this competitive pace of life, I have learnt a lot from my experiences and I am still striving to learn more. I constantly challenged myself in an effort to develop a rational mindset and approach to problem solving.... [tags: Computer, Database, Management, Programmer]
946 words (2.7 pages)
- Combining Product and Services Understanding how to combine product and service is one of the most important techniques companies have to take advantage of different markets. However, In this journey for increasing of profitability and productivity companies make remarkable mistakes and the journey ends up in a undesirable goal, profit loss. This return is due to unconscious analysis of this technique and formation of the offer. Furthermore, the combination of a product and service is called, bundle, which in favorable cases the companies increase their profitability and decrease the cost of creating this partnership (product and service).... [tags: Marketing, Customer service, Market, Brand]
871 words (2.5 pages)
- Inventory itself is a list of products that a company has available for sale to customers. So what is Inventory Management. By definition according to BusinessDictionary.com, “Inventory Management is policies, procedures, and techniques employed in maintaining the optimum number or amount of each inventory item”. There are many other definitions such as “a retailer seeking to acquire and maintain a proper merchandise assortment while ordering, shipping, handling, and related costs are kept in check” or “all functions related to the tracking and management of material”, and in business management, the management of ”a list of goods and materials held available in stock”.... [tags: Business Management ]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- MBA Admissions Essays - My Interest in Business Management I am very interested in studying a business management course with the addition of legal and financial studies. From a young age I have always had a keen interest in monetary matters and have also been intrigued by legal systems and how they work. I feel that combining one or both of these interests with business management will give me a sound footing to launch a career from in either legal or financial business sectors. I am confident within myself and find communication with others easy.... [tags: MBA College Admissions Essays]
368 words (1.1 pages)