The Columbine High School Massacre happened on April 20, 1999. The Shooters were Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, two senior students who wanted to destroy the world they lived in. Their motives:
NATURAL SELECTION. KILL all retards, people w/ brain fuck ups, drug adics, people cant figure out to use a fucking lighter. GEEEAWD! people spend millions of dollars on saving the lives of retards, and why. I don't buy that shit like "oh hes my son though!" so the fuck what, he aint normal, kill him, put him out his misery. he is only a waste of time and money, then people say "But he is worth the time, he is human too" no he isnt, if he was then he would swalow a bullet cause he would realize what a fucking waste and burden he was. -- 4/10/98 (Eric Harris Journal Page 1of9).
Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold both thought they had something no one else did, Self Awareness (Eric Harris Journal Page 1) they believed that were higher than everyone else because they had this gift, they knew they were going to die soon and so was everyone else (Eric Harris Journal Page 1). After the massacre was over the final body count was fifteen killed (including Eric and Dylan) with twenty-one injured. No one knows exactly what went through the minds of the shooters that lead them to commit such an unspeakable mind but many conclude that, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold were influenced to commit the Columbine Killings by: violent entertainment, obsession with weapons, and conflicts with other students.
Dylan Klebold was born in Denver, Colorado on September 11, 1981. He was the second child to Thomas Klebold and Susan Yassenoff. As a child, Dylan was in boy scouts and a pitcher for his little league team (Jefferson County, Colorado Sherriff Suspects Te...
... middle of paper ...
...kepedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Web. Jan. 2011.
Eric Harri and Dylan Klebold Suicide, Columbine High School Library. Personal photograph by author. 1999.
"Eric Harris Journal." (1998-1999): 1-9. Acolumbinesite. C. Shepard, 21 Apr. 1999. Web. Jan.-Feb. 2011.
"Gunfire in the Halls." Web.
Hitmen for Hire. Dir. Eric D. Harris and Dylan B. Klebold. Perf. Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold. 1998-1999? Web.
Kelly, Judith M. Letter. 20 Apr. 1999. Print.
United States of America. Jefferson County, Colorado Sheriff's Office. Dylan Bennet Klebold. Jefferson County Sheriff. Web.
United States of America. Jefferson County, Colorado Sheriff's Office. Eric David Harris. Jefferson County Sheriff. Web.
United States of America. Jefferson County, Sheriff's Office. Columbine Documents. Print.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Columbine High School Massacre happened on April 20, 1999. The Shooters were Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, two senior students who wanted to destroy the world they lived in. Their motives: NATURAL SELECTION. KILL all retards, people w/ brain fuck ups, drug adics, people cant figure out to use a fucking lighter. GEEEAWD. people spend millions of dollars on saving the lives of retards, and why. I don't buy that shit like "oh hes my son though!" so the fuck what, he aint normal, kill him, put him out his misery.... [tags: Columbine High School Shootings]
1928 words (5.5 pages)
- Researching The Columbine Massacre On April 20, 1999, hundreds, thousands, even millions of lives were changed. On this tragic day in history in Littleton, Colorado, two high school boys went on a shooting spree at Columbine High School. Eric Harris, 18, and Dylan Klebold, 17, went into their high school with loaded guns and determination to commit one of the most disturbing crimes ever. The two students rushed in and did as much damage as they possibly could. After taking 13 lives and injuring over 20 more, the two students took their own lives.... [tags: Columbine High School massacre]
1623 words (4.6 pages)
- People have to suffer many difference social pressures so they need a way to relax the pressures. Watching violent films, images and playing violent games is a quick and easy way to relax their pressures; for this reason, there are more and more people like to see violent things from media, and as long as there is a demand for this violent information, the financial incentive for media companies will be there. In general, media violence can affects people in three different ways. The first one is leading people to solve their problem through violent means.... [tags: violent fillms, aggresive behaviors]
1096 words (3.1 pages)
- “Do you believe in God?” (Johnson, 2012), That is what Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold asked students before shooting them mercilessly in 1999 in one of the worst school shootings America has ever seen. America has seen this in many occasions, a number of school shootings accomplished by juveniles. In the last 3 decades, three of them stand out from the others; Columbine High School massacre, Virginia Tech Shooting and Sandy Hook Elementary massacre. On April 20th, 1999, two seniors that attended Columbine High School in Colorado entered the campus with a number of weapons including two 9mm pistols, 2 12 gauge sawed-off shotguns and a number of explosive devices.... [tags: Columbine High School massacre]
1414 words (4 pages)
- America, standing in fear, waiting for another mass shooting to break out in front of their eyes. More than 3,000 American Citizens die from gun violence each year (USA Gun Violence Stat.). Sadly, a fraction of the lives lost are mostly due to school shootings. This year alone, 52 school shootings have occurred, leaving 30 dead and 53 injured (52 School Shootings). From the mass murder of Columbine High School and Virginia Tech University to the well known Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre, it becomes clear how ordinary people turn into brutal killers.... [tags: Columbine High School massacre]
1022 words (2.9 pages)
- On April 20, 1999 in Littleton, Colorado at Columbine High School, an horrific event took place. During the hours between ll a.m. and 12 p.m. 15 people, including the two offenders died, and 24 people were wounded. The offenders, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold were high school seniors that attended Columbine High School. At 11:19 a.m. the two offenders started shooting students outside of the school. Then the two started shooting inside the school library, where most of the injuries took place. By 11:35 a.m.... [tags: Columbine High School massacre]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- April 20th, 1999, Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado, experienced a mass shooting. Thirteen people were injured and more than twenty were injured. Twelve were students and one was a teacher. Two students, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold opened fire on their high school for forty one minutes before turning their guns on themselves and committing suicide. School shootings are notorious for making headline news but in 1999, school shooting were not as prevalent as they are in the present day.... [tags: Columbine High School massacre]
1401 words (4 pages)
- From this quote alone it is apparent that Moore structured Bowling For Columbine in a way that would rally the people of America behind tighter gun control. It’s because of this that it becomes even more apparent that Bowling For Columbine was structured in away to provoke emotion and from that promotes the idea that many of its scenes were structured. This is the clearest indication of Moore’s influence as a filmmaker with in the documentary. However although probably the biggest ethical issues, he certainly raises debate with his lack of empathy when interviewing people.... [tags: Columbine High School massacre]
1586 words (4.5 pages)
- “Bowling for Columbine” was a documentary film by Michael Moore which I found to be interesting, humorous, and an eye opener. “Bowling for Columbine" reminds us that this is a society where more than 11,000 people die every year from guns, where TV news and entertainment programs produce violent images, where banks give away rifles to customers, and where the public lives in fear of being robbed and killed. It shows us how easy it is to get a hand on a gun. The major reason for Moore to engage this subject was a tragic event.... [tags: Columbine High School massacre]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- Abortion and the Columbine High School Massacre I am sure all of us have been affected in some way by the horrific tragedy that occurred at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado (April 1999). Certainly, our entire country grieves at the death of the many High School teens and faculty who were victims of meaningless violence. Sadly, the bullets of two Columbine students took the lives of thirteen people away. "This tragedy is an outrage", cries the public. . . . "These teens were innocent young men, and women who had their whole lives ahead of them." .... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Topics]
1395 words (4 pages)