People have to suffer many difference social pressures so they need a way to relax the pressures. Watching violent films, images and playing violent games is a quick and easy way to relax their pressures; for this reason, there are more and more people like to see violent things from media, and as long as there is a demand for this violent information, the financial incentive for media companies will be there. In general, media violence can affects people in three different ways. The first one is leading people to solve their problem through violent means. People always can see many incidents of violence happening in media, and media always embellish the violent means to be a cool way to solve a problem. As time gone on, when they are put in bind in their social life, they will do the violence way to solve their problem. The second effect is imitation. Sometime people will copy the plots of what they like in media to make it happen. The third effect cause people having wrong perception of the world. Overmuch, media violence cause people believe violence is everywhere and lead them to do violent behaviors. Now, media is needful for people’s society; however, media is full of violence, many empirical studies have demonstrated that media violence indirectly instigates violent and aggressive behavior and aggressive thoughts. Media violence affects negative, and it cause many severe problem to people’s society.
Media violence leads people to have violent behavior. Media violence leads people at ideological offensive, and leads those to implement the violent behaviors because their ideological offensive could be justified in media. In the media, violence behavior always lends color to be beautiful, cool and proper. It conveys fallacy ...
... middle of paper ...
... This leads people to have a terrible world outlook. This kind of world outlook will make people have insecurity and suspicion to the people who need help so it is also a kind of media violence, and the little girl is a sufferer by media violence. It is not negotiable, the violence in the media have very bad effect to the society.
Media violence affects negative to people’s society. Media violence is always a trouble to society. It can lead people having violent behavior, copy violent offence, and having a wrong would outlook. As the result, media violence should be haven better control.
Sobchack, Vivian C. “The Postmorbid Condition.” Signs of Life in the U.S.A.: Readings on Popular Culture for Writers. 7th ed. Ed. Sonia
Maasik and Jack Solomon. Boston: Bedford, 2012. 430–35. Print.
“Black Time In Hong Kong.” Home. Fenghuang. 2011. Web. 5 Jan. 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Columbine High School Massacre happened on April 20, 1999. The Shooters were Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, two senior students who wanted to destroy the world they lived in. Their motives: NATURAL SELECTION. KILL all retards, people w/ brain fuck ups, drug adics, people cant figure out to use a fucking lighter. GEEEAWD. people spend millions of dollars on saving the lives of retards, and why. I don't buy that shit like "oh hes my son though!" so the fuck what, he aint normal, kill him, put him out his misery.... [tags: Columbine High School Shootings]
1928 words (5.5 pages)
- Researching The Columbine Massacre On April 20, 1999, hundreds, thousands, even millions of lives were changed. On this tragic day in history in Littleton, Colorado, two high school boys went on a shooting spree at Columbine High School. Eric Harris, 18, and Dylan Klebold, 17, went into their high school with loaded guns and determination to commit one of the most disturbing crimes ever. The two students rushed in and did as much damage as they possibly could. After taking 13 lives and injuring over 20 more, the two students took their own lives.... [tags: Columbine High School massacre]
1623 words (4.6 pages)
- People have to suffer many difference social pressures so they need a way to relax the pressures. Watching violent films, images and playing violent games is a quick and easy way to relax their pressures; for this reason, there are more and more people like to see violent things from media, and as long as there is a demand for this violent information, the financial incentive for media companies will be there. In general, media violence can affects people in three different ways. The first one is leading people to solve their problem through violent means.... [tags: violent fillms, aggresive behaviors]
1096 words (3.1 pages)
- “Do you believe in God?” (Johnson, 2012), That is what Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold asked students before shooting them mercilessly in 1999 in one of the worst school shootings America has ever seen. America has seen this in many occasions, a number of school shootings accomplished by juveniles. In the last 3 decades, three of them stand out from the others; Columbine High School massacre, Virginia Tech Shooting and Sandy Hook Elementary massacre. On April 20th, 1999, two seniors that attended Columbine High School in Colorado entered the campus with a number of weapons including two 9mm pistols, 2 12 gauge sawed-off shotguns and a number of explosive devices.... [tags: Columbine High School massacre]
1414 words (4 pages)
- America, standing in fear, waiting for another mass shooting to break out in front of their eyes. More than 3,000 American Citizens die from gun violence each year (USA Gun Violence Stat.). Sadly, a fraction of the lives lost are mostly due to school shootings. This year alone, 52 school shootings have occurred, leaving 30 dead and 53 injured (52 School Shootings). From the mass murder of Columbine High School and Virginia Tech University to the well known Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre, it becomes clear how ordinary people turn into brutal killers.... [tags: Columbine High School massacre]
1022 words (2.9 pages)
- On April 20, 1999 in Littleton, Colorado at Columbine High School, an horrific event took place. During the hours between ll a.m. and 12 p.m. 15 people, including the two offenders died, and 24 people were wounded. The offenders, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold were high school seniors that attended Columbine High School. At 11:19 a.m. the two offenders started shooting students outside of the school. Then the two started shooting inside the school library, where most of the injuries took place. By 11:35 a.m.... [tags: Columbine High School massacre]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- April 20th, 1999, Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado, experienced a mass shooting. Thirteen people were injured and more than twenty were injured. Twelve were students and one was a teacher. Two students, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold opened fire on their high school for forty one minutes before turning their guns on themselves and committing suicide. School shootings are notorious for making headline news but in 1999, school shooting were not as prevalent as they are in the present day.... [tags: Columbine High School massacre]
1401 words (4 pages)
- From this quote alone it is apparent that Moore structured Bowling For Columbine in a way that would rally the people of America behind tighter gun control. It’s because of this that it becomes even more apparent that Bowling For Columbine was structured in away to provoke emotion and from that promotes the idea that many of its scenes were structured. This is the clearest indication of Moore’s influence as a filmmaker with in the documentary. However although probably the biggest ethical issues, he certainly raises debate with his lack of empathy when interviewing people.... [tags: Columbine High School massacre]
1586 words (4.5 pages)
- ... The boys stormed the west side of the school and began shooting students. By the time it was over, 12 students and one teacher was killed and 25 others were injured. Dylan and Eric killed themselves as well, leaving us with the mystery of behind their actions. According to investigative reports, the boys carried two- 20-pound propane bombs in duffle bags and placed them in the cafeteria where it is believed to have potentially killed over 400 students if the bombs would have exploded. After placing the bags in the cafeteria, the boys went outside to their cars and waited for the explosion.... [tags: Columbine High School massacre]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- Abortion and the Columbine High School Massacre I am sure all of us have been affected in some way by the horrific tragedy that occurred at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado (April 1999). Certainly, our entire country grieves at the death of the many High School teens and faculty who were victims of meaningless violence. Sadly, the bullets of two Columbine students took the lives of thirteen people away. "This tragedy is an outrage", cries the public. . . . "These teens were innocent young men, and women who had their whole lives ahead of them." .... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Topics]
1395 words (4 pages)
- Analysis of the Level of Democracy of the European Union
- Counseling Case Study: The Marital Crisis of Virginia and Tom
- High Fructose Corn Syrup: Are We In More Danger Than We Were With Sugar
- The Influence that Television Has on Children
- Benefits of Microbes in Industrial Production
- Parents Should Not Avoid Vaccinating Their Children