Art can mean be so influential and meaningful to those that view it, the elements of art pull the piece together making it appealing to the audience. Art can also embark and create an impact through the artist’s content creating a change in emotion of the viewer. In the artwork “Summer Ramble” by Lauren L Fisher, the vivid colors and unique balance attracted my attention the piece. Expressive colors combined with interesting form are pieces that I always find myself gravitating towards, because they bring out an emotion of happiness and joy that lives within. This piece particularly exposes those wonderful and positive emotions that I hold in, it revokes the great times that I've had in my life so far, but can also appeal to the unfavorable ones that remain in the past.
In Lauren Fishers piece she uses many forms of the various elements of art which draws in Fisher’s viewers. Using geographic and organic shapes throughout her piece, the structured shapes contrasted with the unpronounced shapes creates diversity and balance in the piece which makes it very intriguing to view. To add to her piece she also focuses on using both warm and cool colors, this brings more variety of color to her piece but it also emphasizes the content of her piece, which elicits the brightness of summertime. One of the main things that she does in her piece is uses directional line, she does this by forming a line of bees from the bottom of the painting to the top, what this does is guides the viewers eye to the top of the painting which displays brightness and positivity. Another important element of art she uses is implied texture, towards the bottom of her piece there are circles that seemed to be the texture of honey combs. By viewing it from a...
... middle of paper ...
...0. It was the best summer of my entire life spent with the greatest people, creating memories, and making the most of summertime. I remember before summer even started feeling stressed out about finals, which can relate to the darker parts of her piece. Once summer began I was that bee portrayed in her artwork just going with the flow, creating those hot pink splashes of memories until summer had ended. I think this is why this piece is so valuable and useful because I can relate it back to myself, my life, and the people I've shared it with.
Art really can leave everlasting impressions and make one feel like they were just caught in a memory from years ago. It can make one remember the past, embrace the present, and be hopeful of the future. The impacts and emotions that it elicits are truly endless which is why art, more specifically this piece can be so powerful.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Ralph Lauren Fashion Designer (1939- ) The name of the company that I decided on for my product and company brand description is Ralph Lauren. Ralph Lauren is one of the biggest clothing designers in the United States. He's best known for his sportswear line Polo Ralph Lauren which is the backbone of his clothing company. Ralph Lauren started his business in 1967, and it's still up and running today. I chose Ralph Lauren for my topic of discussion because I love his taste in fashion. The majority of the clothes that I own are Ralph Lauren.... [tags: Ralph Lauren, Marketing, Retailing]
802 words (2.3 pages)
- Do Colors Have an Effect on One’s Current Mood. Colors are a part of one’s everyday life and are introduced into one’s life starting at birth. For example, when a baby is born, the baby is showered with gifts and the color of the gifts is determined by his or her gender (e.g., blue for boys and pink for girls). Children often are dressed in colors associated with their gender. Furthermore, as individuals age and as their vocabulary increases, they tend to learn about associations between moods and colors and sometimes make those associations for themselves.... [tags: Health, Bright Colors, Emotions]
921 words (2.6 pages)
- Our imperative family tradition was a summer vacation. Completely neglecting any responsibilities for a week, vacations were the perfect excuse. Fostering an environment for bonding, our annual vacations helped in creating lifelong memories. According to a Disney Time Survey conducted by Kelton, 82% of time on vacation is considered family time. This finding is evident, especially in one of my recent vacations. The months preceding and following this specific family trip, were filled with various milestones which prohibited much bonding: my mother’s diagnosis of Lung Cancer, my older sister’s wedding day, and my senior year preparation.... [tags: Sibling, Family, Mother, Summer]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- When May comes for most kids only one thing is on their mind. Summer break. As they finish up their school the kids prepare for long lazy afternoons, swimming, and just being kids. They don’t need to worry about a paper that needs to be done or math homework. Instead they can just sit back and relax. I like many other kids however think of experience and worthwhile experiences when it comes to my summer break. While I certainly don’t want to leave out relaxing besides the beach, a summer break can give me experiences I couldn’t otherwise have such as practicing a new skill.... [tags: summer vacation, summer break]
419 words (1.2 pages)
- Summer vacation: "school holiday in summer between school years and the longest break in the school year, typically between 6 and 14 weeks (Wikipedia)". Summer break originates all the way back to the mid 1850 's for rural American schools. Summer break was not always around for all schools though, it only came around to all schools in the early 1900 's due to Americans wanting a standardized school schedule across the nation. The summer break was then used for students to relax their minds from school and for mostly to help in the fields for growing season (infoplease).... [tags: High school, Education, School, Summer vacation]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- I- Brand foundation: Brand Architecture: Ralph Lauren is an American fashion designer philanthropist, and business executive, best known for the Ralph Lauren Corporation clothing company, Ralph was born as Ralph Lifshitz in year 1939 in New York City. Ralph Lauren started in 1967 under the name of Polo Ralph Lauren, until he expended his designs. Polo Ralph Lauren based on American style leader in luxurious, sophisticated fashion and Striking a balance between “timeless” and “modern” style and to make his full line more impeccably crafted the new sportswear is born.... [tags: Brand, Logo, Brand management, Branding]
1314 words (3.8 pages)
- ... I left her beyond a fence, behind a wall of smoke and flame." In this quote Lena is refering to her old self that she left in portland and her old self that she left in the wilds. Lena has had to let so much of herself go that she no longer knows who she is. She is very independent, tough, a leader and a fighter. She is all the things that in Delirium wouldnt come close to describing her. Lena's character is almost completley different in the two books but the one thing that is still the same about her is she loves Alex.... [tags: lena haloway, forbidden love]
587 words (1.7 pages)
- Kazin's Summer: The Way to Highland Park Sitting on the marble steps of the old, traditional American church, I began to feel cold. Two oriental lions, carved out of old white marble, surrounded me. Their faces were mean, and they seemed to be staring at something. As the beasts remained perfectly still, tiny creatures – black ants and brown bugs –very busily walked on their backs. As I looked around from my cold spot on the step, I could see an old, brick house. This house was like none other on the block.... [tags: Kazin Summer Highland Park]
926 words (2.6 pages)
- King Solomon wrote wisely, and later was wisely paraphrased by the folk band “The Byrds”, “To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven...” (Ecclesiastes 3:1,8). Seasons often represent the periods of a person’s life; birth, youth, age and death. In the short story “Summer” by David Updike, the lake provides an eternal and unchanging witness to Homer’s transition from season to season and from boy to man. In the beginning we find the family and its surrogate son, Homer, enjoying the fruits of the summer.... [tags: Summer, David Updike]
353 words (1 pages)
- Colors Emulsions are thin, gelatinous, light-sensitive coatings on film that react chemically to capture the color and shadings of a scene. Color film requires three layers of emulsions, typically cyan (a greenish blue), yellow, and magenta (a purplish red). As light passes through the layers, each emulsion records areas where its particular color appears in the scene. When developed, the emulsion releases dye that is the complementary color of the light recorded: blue light activates yellow dye, green light is magenta, and red light is cyan.(1) golden beer lemon (sickly) Sunflower caution banana (mourning) school-bus Yellow.... [tags: Creative Writing Essays]
2426 words (6.9 pages)
- Increasing the Driver´s Age
- Unintended Misinterpretations in Head Religious Figures: Jesus, Ganhi, Regina Jones, and Hassin Al-Banna
- The Life of Ronald Dahl
- The Difference in Society among Rich and Poor
- Supporting International Students
- Article Application: Television Harms Children by Ann Viorisek White