In any workplace the need for a great leader with strong leadership skills are essential. A leader can make or break any business. Leaders should possess many skills such as communication, ability to delegate, commitment, creativity and an ability to inspire. Chuang (2013) suggests a leader must know what leadership is expected and execute it accordingly. Executing any task takes dedication, leaders must know their weakness and evolve them and continue to improve their strengths.
Taking advantage of all resources available will be the strongest strategy to take in being success for creating a strong, stable and achievable career path. This paper will demonstrate the use of the Colorado State University Global campus Career Center and all the tools it offers to help students succeed. This paper will illustrate career goals and professional skill strengths, along with how goals and strengths go hand in hand and create success.
The Colorado State University Global Campus Career Center offers several different resources. Some very important resources include resume and cover letter writing, career coaching, ways to find a job, land a job, and keep a job. All of these resources are essential for College Students to utilize to set themselves up for a successful future. All the tools offered by the Career Center will assist in continued growth as a student as well as increasing the chances of being successful after finishing my degree.
Career coaching. Career coaching is one of the most important resources provided by the Career Center. It allows students to directly connect with College Professors who have ample knowledge of each degree they discuss with the student. It allows one on one time with any pr...
... middle of paper ...
...plains the importance of a portfolio and how it demonstrates appreciate experiences, competencies and talents need to do a job. It is a showcase of one’s best work. Pama (2015) suggests assembling a portfolio is the most important indicator distinguishing transition from student to professional. After completing both the Career Portfolio worksheet and Career Preference Questionnaire, I realized I was on the right track with my career path. The Portfolio Worksheet assisted with pointing out my work experience and education, which both lead me directly into project management and the fact that with my education and experience I will have an opportune chance of landing my dream job. The Career Preference Questionnaire helped me determine that the career field I would like to stay in matches my working preferences. The results for each form can be found in the appendix.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A College Cannot be Perfect; However, We Can Make It Better I. A potential incoming college freshman struts with confidence through the sliding doors of the Student Center, inhaling the freshly prepared pizza ready to be served at Sbarros, and sees the smiling faces as Pride Leaders try to convince each individual to enroll at Hofstra University; yet fail to admit that every university has its limitations and failed expectations. A journalist from U.S. News reports, “Hofstra University 's ranking in the 2016 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities, 135.” (Hofstra University) Each university has different versions of a campus environment and academic areas that make it unique, th... [tags: University, Student, College, Hofstra University]
1148 words (3.3 pages)
- For this assignment I chose to attend a faculty, professional staff, and student meeting at the university of Maine over the course of the semester to observe. For each of these meetings I contacted a point person from the respective constituency group to make sure that it was alright if I sat in to observe and take note of topics of discussion. I took mental notes that I then transcribed into a notebook immediately after the meeting to try to concentrate my focus more on discussion and atmosphere of the rooms as well as to avoid distracting members with excessive writing.... [tags: University, Student, Academia]
1229 words (3.5 pages)
- Involvement and exposure to as wide of a variety of experiences as possible is one way I am preparing for a career in medicine. Clinically, I have volunteered at a hospital near the campus of my university; through my volunteer experience I spent time in the pediatrics unit as well as the cardiovascular intensive care unit. My time in both units was eye opening because I learned how different each units were, as is likely the case for all units and specialties. Staff played varying roles and there were different team dynamics.... [tags: Physician, Medicine, Medical school]
874 words (2.5 pages)
- Involvement and exposure a wide variety of experiences is one of the ways I am preparing for a career in medicine. Volunteering at a hospital near the campus of my university provides me with clinical experience as I spent time in pediatrics as well as the cardiovascular intensive care unit. While there are obvious differences between the two units, I observed variances in the roles of the staff and the uniqueness of team dynamics within each. I am excited to rotate between hospital units throughout medical school to gain insight into each while searching for the unit that I best fit into.... [tags: Physician, Medicine, Medical school]
716 words (2 pages)
- Statement of Michael Martin’s Professional Contributions to The University of Wisconsin - River Falls and the College of Education and Professional Studies. Reflecting on the past nineteen years I have been privileged to work with outstanding students, faculty and colleagues at the University of Wisconsin River Falls. I am humbled and honored been nominated for the University of Wisconsin System, Board of Regents Academic Staff Excellence Award. I have been asked to highlight my professional contributions and service to UW – River Falls.... [tags: Education, University]
1062 words (3 pages)
- Childcare on Campus Single moms are the most affected and providing childcare on campus is very beneficial to them. More than 4 million women attend two-year public institutions or community colleges, and more than 1 million of them are mothers. Many student mothers struggle to stay enrolled all the way through graduation. Most of them are more likely to drop out of school, and the reason is because most often there is no affordable or available childcare and the students have limited financial resources.... [tags: Higher education, University, College]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- Throughout my high school career, my main focus was maintaining a high grade point average in rigorous college level classes. I dedicated several hours each day to every course that I took to ensure that I was comfortable with the material I learned. As Vince Lombardi Jr. once said, every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it, and we all should autograph our work with excellence. I consider that having a positive attitude and working hard is essential to be successful. Although I spent most of my time studying, I was able to get involved in any extracurricular activities such as the Brown Book Club as well as compete in the National Book Club Competition among other high schools al... [tags: High school, University, Study abroad, Education]
709 words (2 pages)
- To the search committee, I would like to submit my application for the Online Campus Dean position at the Chicago School. I have more than 13 years of higher education experience while leading enrollment units at a variety of institutions, most recently working with online adult learners. I am interested in your position because I believe in access to quality higher education for all students, and I have dedicated my career to the values of education, service, and community. My experience as a change agent has positively impacted the culture of admissions and enrollment teams through my ability to build cohesive groups, solve problems, think critically, maximize technology, collaborate w... [tags: Higher education, University]
1021 words (2.9 pages)
- Continuing my education and making a difference is a clear goal of mine. I wish to earn a Master’s Degree of Science in Teaching and Learning at Colorado State University (CSU Global Campus). I have had the good fortune of working with elementary school children in some way for most of my adult life. I believe that working with children is my calling. The most recent opportunity has been as an elementary school reading tutor. I have seen first-hand how a well prepared and hardworking teacher can have an affect a child life.... [tags: Education, Higher education, Teacher]
852 words (2.4 pages)
- Two factors have defined my career so far: struggle to overcome my family’s abject poverty and passion for capital markets. And interestingly, both have spawned long term goals, which seemed disparate, until recently; while I have embarked on a course to become a financial whiz, substantial success in emerging from poverty has kindled my hankering for rural India’s uplift. However, having worked in the financial industry for last 2 years, I have realized its potential to influence growth. Consequently, the two dissimilar goals have unified into one vision for life: to establish and lead a financial firm that will foster small businesses across rural India to bring it into mainstream economy.... [tags: wealth, poverty, capital markets, career,]
1058 words (3 pages)