College is the key to a well suitable and successful life it opens the door for us to a wide opportunity of careers. It also helps people revolutionize the world with all the educated people inventing and discovering new advanced things. I believe that us Americans, if we want to go to public college it should be totally free for the ones who aren’t financially set to pay it off without going into debt and taking out school loans. The problem is that many of Americans are choosing not to go but instead go straight into the workforce due to the fact that college tuition is very expensive to afford for low-income families and even middle-class ones too. Knowing they have the skills to succeed in college but don’t have the money to attend and then we Americans as a whole are getting less educated than other countries and not having enough doctors, engineers, businessmen/women, teachers, lawyers etc. to help us nourish as a country. If college were free there would be a huge increase of students attending and America would be more educated for the future to come.
On average, tuition for public colleges for in state students is $9,139 a year and that is not including room and board. If you add that up with the tuition it would be $18,943 and for some have no choice but to live on campus because they don’t live close to it and don’t have transportation to get their everyday day so it leads them to pay that extra fee by living there and putting them in more debt. Then there are the books you need for the classes which is $1,146 on average a year for a student. Then all the extra stuff you need like food, gas, clothes etc. it keeps adding up. That is the problem every other year ...
... middle of paper ...
...ition is at the highest it has ever been and is still continuing to grow which is leading students not to attend college because their family can’t afford it and they are scared to get into debt with all the loans they must take out. My plan is so beneficial for everyone in so may ways college is the key to the discovery of new things and more knowledge. It will provide you with excellent workforce skills, that you acquired from college and know you can help others by teaching, finding cures for diseases, and many other helpful doings. Knowledge is infinite and so is the discovery of new things but without college and proper knowledge it can’t be accomplished. The program will start a new era of more educated people in America and will give the students the opportunity of a lifetime that they would have never had without and will open the door to the future to come.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Description In 2013, Dr. John McKay came to Sandhills Community College to recruit students into the Wingate University Doctorate Program. In addition, it is felt that McKay’s major rationale for visiting SCC to recruit was because the program at Wingate University specifically targeted the community colleges – it was the Community College Leadership Program. Listening to McKay’s speech about the Community College Leadership Program was exciting – it was far from an elevator speech, although elevator speeches are excited as well.... [tags: College, University, Community college]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- For the parents Future College Scholars Movement will provided individuals with a one day workshop that will focus on educating parents about what they need to know for their child to gain admissions to college. The work shop will also have information regarding how to pay for college and what parents can do to prepare students for their senior year. The workshop will be provided in host cities and will correspond with Future College Scholar Movement parent workshop. For educators Future College Scholars Movement will provided one day workshops, and small group consulting to teachers, counselors and principals.... [tags: High school, Education, College, Learning]
1445 words (4.1 pages)
- Computers can be considered the eighth wonder of the world. Their use has become indispensible in every field – Communication, Database Systems, Banking, Robotics, Medicine, Vehicular Systems and what not. The World Wide Web and Internet has brought a new revolution across the world bringing the people closer through a plethora of networking applications such as chat, video conferencing, social networking and e-mail. When my father brought the first computer, a Pentium 3 processor, I was so amazed seeing the GUIs of the websites and the Windows have always attracted me.... [tags: learner, program, browsing]
615 words (1.8 pages)
- College can either make or break your future. Deciding where to attend college and program of study will influence your entire life. Some people prefer a smaller college, while others suggest a big college atmosphere. When choosing the college of one’s dreams, there are many variables that should be kept in thought. The school, campus life, academics, and student involvement are major keys that should be considered. However, the town where the college is located needs to be researched. Maryville University, located in St.... [tags: Nursing, Bachelor of Science in Nursing]
2004 words (5.7 pages)
- College is meant to prepare you for your future career and the real world. So far I feel like I’m adjusting to the fact that I’m on my own here at King’s and don’t have my parents telling me what to do all the time. Becoming independent is a big key that you realize in college and I believe I will definitely utilize that in the real world. So far my experience with college has been good. College is a lot of work and I expected that so I wasn’t surprised when I had days where I had to spend a couple hours at the library.... [tags: High school, College, Teaching assistant, Tutor]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- “It is insane and counter-productive to the best interests of our country and our future, that hundreds of thousands of bright young people cannot afford to go to college, and that millions of others leave school with a mountain of debt that burdens them for decades” (Sanders). While college may not be for everyone, for those with the desire and capacity to attend, the deciding factor should not be affordability. It is time for America to support an educated citizenry and free community college is the perfect place to start.... [tags: Higher education, College, University]
1105 words (3.2 pages)
- The teachers are the overall distributors of the ability grouping program. Teachers are human beings and they are just following the basis on which they were taught. It is an incredible responsibility to be expected to improve and come up with better teaching methods then the professors and educators before had set in place. There are all of these programs and regulations one has to follow when taking on the world of education. There are so many overlapping problems to face when confronting a certain type of curriculum to teach.... [tags: Education, High school, Program, Teacher]
850 words (2.4 pages)
- Naviance is an all-inclusive college and career readiness program to assist secondary school students prepare for their next steps. The program is fee based; available through participating schools. Utilizing an online platform, students complete assignments to broaden their understanding of postsecondary opportunities. Students explore areas such “self-discovery, developing success skills, building a network, exploring career options, and planning for college - academically, socially, emotionally and financially” (Naviance, 2014).... [tags: Education, Higher education, Secondary education]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- Lonestar College had over 90000 students enroll last year, and is one of the largest community college systems in Texas. With such a high volume of attendees, student services should create a job placement program to benefit student success before and after graduation. A great place to start this program would be the Montgomery College Campus. The Montgomery College campus is centrally located in The Woodlands, close to many businesses, and is easily accessible, making the campus is an ideal setting.... [tags: College, Loans, Program]
814 words (2.3 pages)
- College Admissions: The Outreach Program The Panuluyan was a real eye-opener for me. It made me become aware of the things, which I have normally taken for granted. It was so surprising to see how much little they have, yet at the same time they cherish each little blessing they receive and they never cease to be grateful for what is given to them. It made me see that it was easier to please those who have less, because they expect less. The trip to Camarin also made me realize how much different we are, yet very much the same.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
641 words (1.8 pages)