As stated in the preceding paragraph, tuition rates can affect enrollment decisions significantly when applying for college. However, financial aid is another aspect that occupies the mind of a college student when pinpointing fee coverage in terms of how the student will pay for books, supplies, a computer, etc. Essentially, the second strength associated with the College of Central Florida entails offering financial aid to eligible applicants who are in dire need of assistance. This amount can range from $100 to $10,000 and is based on specific criteria such as whether or not the student has a job, children, limited income, or is married. Moreover, it is important to note that CF also awards an array of s...
... middle of paper ...
...permit guns on college campuses in the state of Florida. In addition, in a recent survey, it was concluded that 6.4% of males carry functioning firearms on campus compared to 1.5% of female students (Miller, Hemenway, & Wechsler, 2002). Although this doesn’t equate to a colossal sum, it is still a genuine concern for parents and students respectively. Unfortunately, the study also determined that students with guns were more prone to display counterproductive behaviors such as fighting, being apprehended, and operating a motor vehicle while under the influence, hence, intoxication. When students bring firearms to campus while exhibiting some or all of the aforementioned attributes, one can assume that the probability of a gun threat is feasible. Therefore, CF should implement contingency plans that enable students to leave campus safely if a gun threat emerges.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- UF vs. UCF: Reasons why UF is Superior Reason 1: National Rankings UF: 19 UCF: Unranked UF ranked in the top tier for Best Colleges 2004. UCF is the in last tier. UF is ranked 19th among public universities in the nation and is approaching the Top 10 Public Universities list. UCF did not even make the list. UF is ranked 48st in the nation among all universities. UCF is ranked somewhere between 188 and 250. There, that settles it; UF is better. Doesn't this make any other reason pointless. Source: US News College Ranking Index Reason 2:Individual Program Rankings (Note: US News discontinued the free access to College Rankings based on colleges so I am forced to use old data or else I wou... [tags: UF UCF College University Comparison Essays]
2260 words (6.5 pages)
- When applying to the University of Central Florida, applicants were given the opportunity to prove to the reader that they are a respectable, independent, and well rounded student in around 500 words or less. Which, because there is so much to talk about yet we are restricted by the limited word count, can be a strain for some students. I was determined to make the most out of my opportunity, and deliver the best essay to the University. Out of the topics listed I choose the two that were easiest for me to elaborate on, and those were to “Describe a life changing event that had an effect on your life” and “Why would you like to become a UCF knight?” I decided to talk about a life-changing in... [tags: Essay, Writing, Essays, Short story]
1167 words (3.3 pages)
- Throughout my high school career, my main focus was maintaining a high grade point average in rigorous college level classes. I dedicated several hours each day to every course that I took to ensure that I was comfortable with the material I learned. As Vince Lombardi Jr. once said, every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it, and we all should autograph our work with excellence. I consider that having a positive attitude and working hard is essential to be successful. Although I spent most of my time studying, I was able to get involved in any extracurricular activities such as the Brown Book Club as well as compete in the National Book Club Competition among other high schools al... [tags: High school, University, Study abroad, Education]
709 words (2 pages)
- University of Central Florida The University of Central Florida was established in June of 1963 as one of the ten universities in the State University System. The construction began in January of 1967, and the first classes started in October of 1968. The original college population was 1,948 students. POPULATION The population has massively increased since the beginning. The preliminary fall enrolment for the year 2000 was 33,291 students. LOCATION UCF is located in one of the most rapidly growing metropolitan areas in the U.S.... [tags: Papers]
542 words (1.5 pages)
- Economic Impact Analysis on a High-Speed Railway System for Central Florida Introduction High-speed railway (HRL) systems have been used primarily over in such countries as Japan since 1964 and France since 1984. Recently the United States has generated interest in the high-speed railway as well. The proposed system would stretch from Miami through Orlando and end in the St. Petersburg/Tampa area. With bullet trains operating at top speeds of 220 miles an hour, the express travel time from downtown Miami to Orlando would take approximately 2.5 hours.... [tags: essays research papers]
3826 words (10.9 pages)
- Big College Campus vs. Small College Campus When you are looking at colleges, you must compare and contrast the benefits and disadvantages between each college. One of the main things you think about is the college campus itself. Whether big or small, the campus atmosphere is important to college success. As you analyze the information they give you about their campus amenities, you will be able to see the major contrasts in large and small colleges. A big college campus and a small college campus can differ in residential services, in social activities, and in well-managed facilities.... [tags: University, College, Satellite campus, Campus]
756 words (2.2 pages)
- Cameron Newton was a coveted recruit coming out of Georgia’s Westlake High School in 2007. Upon signing with the University of Florida, he earned a back-up spot behind Tim Tebow, the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner. After being arrested on felony charges, Newton dropped out of Florida and enrolled at Blinn Junior College in Texas. Newton led his team to the 2009 NJCAA National Football Championship, after which he was the only 5-star recruit for the 2010 season, as stated on rivals.com. His top two choices for college: Mississippi State University and Auburn University.... [tags: Paying College Athletes]
2097 words (6 pages)
- Statistically, the Florida Youth Substance Abuse Survey Report (2014) measures a series of eight antisocial behaviors such as carrying or taking a handgun to school, selling drugs, attempting to steal a vehicle, being arrested, getting suspended, attacking someone with intent to harm and being drunk or high at school. Hispanic/Latino students represent 50.1% of the survey sample. For example, high school students reported, the lowest protective factor scale scores were Family Rewards for Prosocial Involvement rate at (56%) and Religiosity rate at (57%).... [tags: Drug addiction, Addiction, Drug abuse]
1711 words (4.9 pages)
- Florida’s students at all levels are feeling the crunch with education spending levels down and worse performance on standardized tests. When Governor Rick Scott took office, he proposed nearly $3.3 billion in cuts to education (Bousquet & McGrory, 2014). Spending money on education is significant for teacher development, added resources to students, and facility improvements that are necessary to ensure students’ success. Florida’s educational system is changing at all levels; therefore, I have provided some insight and recommendations on improvements that need to take place.... [tags: school reform ]
973 words (2.8 pages)
- Plans for College and the Future What will I do for the rest of my life. Every person asks this question at some stage of their life, usually during their later teenage years. As a high school junior, I am now asking myself this question. After considerable thought, I have devised a tentative plan for my future. I realize that some of these plans and goals may change over time, but with a plan, the first steps of the journey can begin. To prepare me for the journey, I have taken very challenging high school curriculum, such as Honors and Advanced Placement courses.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
444 words (1.3 pages)