College Life: My English Writing Experience
College English Classes are a stepping stone for all students who want to peruse a college degree, and they are very effective for students who will be having to take higher English Courses. When I first started college, I took the English 101 Course, and then, I took the English 102 Course. After attending both of these classes, they helped me grow as a writer, and prepared me for the future English Courses that I will be taking.
When I first began the English Writing Program, I was a little concerned with having to write my first paper, but the nervousness quickly dissipated when I knew that my professor would be helping us with our writing. The professor made English 101 easy by showing us our writing mistakes to help us improve our papers, and therefore, helped us grow as writers. By the time I took English 102, I was more confident with my writing than ever before.
In the beginning of English 101, I was concerned with having to write in first person, which was something that I did not have a lot of previous expe...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Coming into this class I didn’t know what to expect, this was my first English College course taken so I was a bit worried. Looking into my assignment of the course my strengths were my discussion boards. I preferred to do these assignments as I never was big on writing a lot such as an essay. I’m not the best writer and sometimes I find it hard to convey my true feelings and interpretations on the paper. My weakest grade was on the Midterm assignment, which I made a 75% on. The rest of my grades including the other essays required to write I made over 90% on all of them.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Short story, Writing process]
784 words (2.2 pages)
- For the entirety of my undergraduate career I had the distinct ability to successfully write research papers, critical essays and journal entries. On the whole I feel that my writing was successful due to the fact that I received excellent grades as well as glowing comments of support from my professors. Please understand that I am not boasting about my grade point average, class rank or even attempting to claim that I am a good writer. However, I do feel confident in my abilities to write papers that speak directly to the question at hand while simultaneously addressing, although not necessarily adhering to, the professor’s point of interest.... [tags: Narrative Essay Writing English]
1775 words (5.1 pages)
- My Experience throughout English 101 As writers, many students write to the expectations of their professors and not to their fullest potential. Throughout English 101 I had been writing only to please my professor or to fill the basic requirement to pass English. I always felt that my writing ability was never enough for my professors throughout the previous years. They always wanted clear and concise essays, which for some reason was unreachable by me. However, starting college and taking English 101 helped me with my weaknesses and changed my technique of writing essays.... [tags: College University Writing]
605 words (1.7 pages)
- High School vs. College During high school, I did not have to study as hard as I do now that I am in college. Usually, I would be able to study the day before the test and score a hundred percent. Although, occasionally, I would be able to skip a few classes and get the notes from a classmate or of course, resort to guessing. However, now that I am in college, the lectures require much more attentiveness and are more complex: composing more information, meaning that one has to proportion time more responsibly and take an advantage of good study habits.... [tags: high school experience, college experience]
547 words (1.6 pages)
- Writing is something I always struggled with throughout my academic career. Whether it is for the English class or any other liberal arts class, I have a tendency to deviate from the main task of writing. This semester I took a FIQWS Composition class which helped me explore the unexplored areas of my academic writing. There are three main essays Literacy narrative, exploratory essay and Critical Researched analysis each improved my writing tremendously. In the first day of class, I was surprised to see the amount of work is expected from me because there were only three major essays and three reflections.... [tags: Writing, Rhetoric, Essay, Academia]
1076 words (3.1 pages)
- I am writing to you to tell you more about the English class I am taking at State University. You know how I always have troubles in English essays. Well, today I am delighted to tell you that my writing has improved significantly after taking the English 101 class conducted by Professor Rob Geis. I enjoyed this class very much and I would like to share with the both of you how I have learnt to use writing and reading for inquiry, thinking, and communicating in English. The ten weeks of English class has been interesting and fruitful, I have learnt a lot of writing and reading skills that have indeed helped me in improving my English.... [tags: Writing About Writing ]
792 words (2.3 pages)
- My experience with writing in English class has mainly been a good one. Since I began writing essays in Elementary school I have been a decent writer. I am always working on my writing skills to become a better writer; there will always be room for improvement. Every English class I have taken has taught me new techniques, which helped to strengthen my previous writing abilities, as well as hone newly learned skills. Some of the aspects of my writing experience that I am going to write about are my favorite kind of writing assignments, my least favorite kind of writing assignments, my strengths and weaknesses as a writer, and my expectations for Freshman English.... [tags: Writing, Literature, Creative writing]
705 words (2 pages)
- There are many things that I have experienced in the past and many more that I have yet to experience; but I know that there is something that is very important that will help me along the way; writing. It is true that the more I practice the better I will get but that is not the only thing that I will have to do throughout my years. As I live I will begin to explore more of other writing aspects of live such as professional, personal, and civic as opposed to now where were I mainly write academically.... [tags: English-language films, Writing, Writing process]
1145 words (3.3 pages)
- Since the purpose of my study is to examine how multimodal storytelling affect the writing experience/outcomes of ELLs in a US college Intensive English Program (IEP) and how these multimodal practices implemented by these ELLs affect their identity construction while living and studying in a foreign culture, I am interested in finding out the writing difficulties ELLs have experienced and the non-traditional strategies and interventions that have been implemented on them. In addition, I am going to review literature which studied the application of multimodal storytelling in a variety of settings and spaces such as at school, at home, and in the community.... [tags: English language, Second language, Learning]
1208 words (3.5 pages)
- College Writing in the College Classroom If someone were to ask a group of people what is the purpose of a college writing course in today’s society, they would have to first think about the purpose of college in today’s society.There would probably be a variety of thoughts and images that come to mind like “it’s a place where you can get a degree,” “a place where you can learn things that prepare you for the real world,” or “ it’s a place where you can further your education from where you left off in high school.”The group may also think of things like “a place just like regular school, except it’s harder, and you have to pay for it,” or “the place that you have to go to if you want a ch... [tags: Education Writing Essays]
1865 words (5.3 pages)