The ways that college education is necessary that it gives people a greater chance of earning a high salary and college education is one of the best investments for time and money for a person’s career. According to The New York Times, there are statistics that explains that college education is worth it. The article lists that “Americans with a four-year college degree make 98 percent more an hour on average in 2013 than people without a degree. That’s about 89 percent five years earlier, 85 percent a decade earlier and 64 percent in the early 1980s”. The data explains the people that have a four-year have the best chance of earning a high salary than those who don’t go to college (Is College worth it?).
Another way that college education is necessary is that people that get a four-year degree has better opportunities than those who don’t have a degree. According to CollegeView , high school graduates today are unable to get the number of high-payi...
... middle of paper ...
...puter, was playing around with electronics as a kid. This shows one example of how people were successful in life without having a college degree (How Can You Be Successful With or Without a College Degree).
This research paper explains why college education is necessary because when people get higher education there is a great chance that those people will be successful in life and many employers like to hire applicants who hold college degrees. The purpose of having college education is to give people plenty of opportunities to get in a job like high salaries and better life skills. People that don’t have college education have limited options when looking for a job and the people who have higher education have a better chance of succeeding in life. In order for people to be successful in their career, college education is the key to be successful in their job.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- What is school life like in a different country. Students in Britain have a very different school life than the students here in America. “Education is an important part of British life. There are hundreds of schools, colleges and universities, including some of the most famous in the world,” said Mandy Barrow. Students in Britain attend school longer, have shorter breaks, and their terms and requirements are much different than the schools regulations here in America. How long do students in Britain attend school each year.... [tags: High school, College, School types, Education]
1037 words (3 pages)
- ... Some careers require extra knowledge that you can’t get in highschool. To be able to get some jobs require a college degree. Some jobs you need to have specific knowledge to be able be complete a job successfully. Without proper knowledge you could do more bad than good at a job. When applying for a job if you have a college degree then you are more likely to get a job if you have a college degree over someone who does not have a college degree. With more knowledge you would be more of an asset to the employer.... [tags: Higher education, High school, Education, College]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- For many years, college has been described to be the most important and most impactful decision of one’s life. For some, college is a helping tool in their career path that would set them up for success. For others, college is a dreadful nightmare that they do not wish to remember again. One of the biggest reasons that students stress and don’t finish their education is because of college debt. It has been said that “as prices soar, a college degree statistically remains a good lifetime investment, but it often comes with an unprecedented financial burden.”(Martin and Lehren 4).... [tags: College, Higher education, Associate's degree]
1052 words (3 pages)
- There is no doubt that college education plays an important role in as far as the life of a student is concerned. With acquisition of education from colleges and other higher-learning institutions, individuals are opened up to many opportunities in different areas of specializations. Whereas college education is taken as the become of the American economy, this is not to imply that her are no challenges existing with the sector that would raise ethical questions. Despite their apparent effort to open their gates to a growing cadre of diverse students, many universities are reeling with extreme capitalistic principles that make education out of the reach of many.... [tags: University, Higher education, College, Education]
1028 words (2.9 pages)
- Many people ponder on the idea of college; whether they should continue their education or not. Their decision usually comes down to the price and if a degree is worth the cost. Studies have shown that it does not matter the level of your degree, simply earning a four-year degree will definitely make you more money in the long run (Burnsed). Earning a college degree can include potential lifelong earnings, greater job opportunities, and the best part yet, a sense of pride and accomplishment, which betters your health.... [tags: Academic degree, Higher education]
751 words (2.1 pages)
- ... People who question if college won’t be beneficial to them, don’t have clarity, I believe without a doubt if I work hard, and connect with the right people I and or anyone will find success in their own respective field. Rutgers produces an abundance of great people every day such as Mario Batali, Jessica Valenti, Zaid Shakur, James O’keefe, and so on and so forth; the list is virtually endless. A few of my influences represent this fine institution, respectfully well. My father introduced me to him through his music; Paul Roberson, his philosophies on social injustice, and equality are something I have admired ever since my father explained to me the meaning of his most prominent song O... [tags: Higher education, College, Education]
788 words (2.3 pages)
- School is an exceptionally important phase in our lives. Elementary, middle school, high school, and college are the places where besides our homes we learn most of our principles and moral values. I consider high school and college as the most important chapters in my life. However, high school and college education systems differ from each other in various aspects. Back when I was in high school, I thought that college would be just a follow-up, but slightly more complicated. Now that I am a college student, I realize that it is considerably more complex than high school.... [tags: High school, Education, College, University]
814 words (2.3 pages)
- The debate on controversial topics has been going on since time began. “The debate on whether a college education is worth it may have begun when the colonists arrived from Europe and founded “New College” (later renamed Harvard University) in 1636 (College Education).” Whatever the case attaining a college education can be very beneficial to one throughout life. It can help one earn more money over a lifetime, and even can help someone live longer. Without college, the education system as we know it would be forever changed.... [tags: Jobs, Wages, Opportunities]
1257 words (3.6 pages)
- Why Is College Education So Important In Our Daily Lives. In today’s economy, having a good education can really define who we are especially when it comes to earning a college degree on any specified fields. Although, most people might oppose the idea that being successful doesn’t require a college education but comes in a variety of ways such as skills and talents based on who the person is. Depending on what background you came from, there are different reasons why we go to college. Most of us go due to career change/job position, increase our intellect/knowledge, not to be stigmatized, playing as a role model either to our children or even someone that we care of.... [tags: High school, College, Higher education, Education]
1270 words (3.6 pages)
- ... Since the introduction of the G.I. Bill in 1944, many people always believed that as long as they go to college and receive their bachelor’s degree they will be able to find a job right after they graduate college. This notion may have held true during that time period, but it certainly does not happen for everyone in our society today. Many jobs in our society today are more complicated than the jobs several years ago which explains the reason why only a bachelor’s degree is not enough to get a job in the competitive workforce of today.... [tags: Higher education, College, University, Education]
1044 words (3 pages)