Through life there are good, bad, pleasant, horrible and magnificent moments. However, there are special situations that deserve to be notable because of its important influence and support. For instance, starting college is a critical decision for first generation students. Nonetheless, the mentality of students, expectations of loved ones and the beliefs of community are pivotal contributors to a monumental path.
Not everyone, but many college students are in college because they want to change their futures while they contribute to an important moment in their lives. When a person becomes a part of an educational program, this person already has a goal to accomplish while being involved. For instance, some students have a dream of becoming someone important in life and leave a legacy behind. They want to have personal growth to show others and themselves that goals can be accomplished. Also, with time there is proof on how education impacts the decisions and actions in the life of a person. When a student leaves college, they are ready to work on th...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- College is a very important and monumental moment in anyone 's life, that will catapult them to a future they want to pursue. College is a gateway to a big bright future in the career choice you choose to do for the rest of your life. Before anyone starts their last four years of their collegiate carrier, you will notice that in the process that some people will drop out or not finish because they lack of either focus, drive, and self discipline which affect their willpower. I have seen this in my own eyes, and experienced some of these myself but I will never give up.... [tags: High school, College, Dropout]
705 words (2 pages)
- The innocence is slowly fading away. Nike, Addidas, Reebok and McDonald are fighting each other off in pursuit of finding a new face to sell and sponsor their products. The camera crews are off course invited, to capture all the action. Films can be later made out of this footage for more revenues. It all about blowing this moment up and making sure it is hyped up to the biggest possible level. The sport news writers have been talking about this for months now. Little kids are now wearing t-shirts with his name on it.... [tags: sports, athletics, higher education]
1153 words (3.3 pages)
- College is a monumental transition from high school. No longer is my time structured, I do not endure seven-hour school days, I was not enrolled in mandatory classes I have no interest in and most importantly, I do not have my mother’s homemade cooking. Accordingly, I am the first person in my family to attend college so all of these changes are brand new to me. When I first heard about the CFANS Mentor Program I automatically knew I wanted to participate because I am in dire need of an individual that can guide me down a road filled with experiences and opportunities that can strengthen my skills and open my mind to various career choices.... [tags: Want, Employment, Help, Need]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- ... “Hey,” I say, as I walk up to him. I smile and I hope the heat I feel on my cheeks isn’t showing in the dark of the night. “Hey.” He seems shy all of a sudden, not the normal confidant Evan, that he usually is. “So,” I say. Waiting for him to tell me why he wanted to see me during the middle of the night. “I was wondering if you wanted to go up to Crescent Hill and look at the stars in my truck, the stars here shine brighter than on campus.” I smile. “Sure. I’ll go get Ciara.” He grabs my hand, stopping me from turning and going inside.... [tags: graduation, college, blush, love]
3213 words (9.2 pages)
- It was April 1st, 2011, I stepped my feet for the first time in the United States. A cold air swiftly brushed my face and instantly I realized that I’m not in Indonesia. It was the hardest decision that I have ever made in my life. I left my family, friends, job and my home country for a new beginning. I knew it would not be easy, but I have to be supportive to my husband and be grateful for this opportunity. “It might a worthy start for my little family”, I whispered. I still remember clearly how cold it was.... [tags: Higher education, College, High school]
808 words (2.3 pages)
- In the essays, Two Year Are Better than Four by Liz Addison, and Blue Collar Brilliance by Mike Rose respectively, take two different approaches to learning. Addison firmly believes in the traditional method by advocating community college is the better choice for students to experience higher education. Addison also asserts community colleges offer the same level of education compared to four universities. She also emphasized in her writing the value of the experience is much more personal due to the smaller classes in community college.... [tags: College, Higher education, New York City]
2032 words (5.8 pages)
- My Proudest Moment Ever since I was little I’ve been what you would call a “high achieving” kid. I did well in school, I did well in sports and I did well in my community. I was always the first one to class, and the last one to leave the field. I was the kid that all my friends’ parents compared their children to. I was the kid with a room full of trophies and awards. In my mind, the worst possible thing I could do was disappoint the people around me. In elementary school I was involved in every club imaginable.... [tags: High school, Debut albums, College, Middle school]
765 words (2.2 pages)
- This IS the moment This war-torn land shows nothing but death and the dying. The ground is muddy from the rain, which also makes the ground wet. Up above the trench line is barbed wire and … nothing else. No birds, no animals … no people. A few dead bodies of the brave men going to assassinate the enemy by night fall. No. No one makes it. Never. There’s the constant gun bangs and the sound of explosions from the grenades. The sky is lit up by the flashes of guns against the silver clouded sky. Nobody dares to look up for more than a few seconds otherwise the enemy sharpshooters will get them.... [tags: Personal Experience, Autobiography]
757 words (2.2 pages)
- Cursing as the last of the embers slowly died out, he stuffed his pipe into the logs to light the herb. Content, he took a long drag, leaning back on his elbows, inhaling the salty smell of the quietly splashing waves which had a surprisingly calming effect on him. “I thought you gave up that horrendous habit,” drawled an unmistakable voice. He looked up. She was feet away from him, yet hidden in the shadows. Her long, white dress and loose stands of hair billowing in the cool breeze. Her ring still glints at her finger, yet she removes it and tosses it into the sand to bury as soon as she realises its presence.... [tags: A Short Story]
560 words (1.6 pages)
- "Time is an absurdity, an abstraction. The only thing that matters is the moment." (Nolan 12). If this is true, then in the story "Memento Mori" and the movie Memento, it is ironic how the main character, Leonard, who is suffering from severe memory loss, is constantly trying to figure out the past, even though he knows he will not remember it once he learns what has happened. His wife is dead, and he is searching through a system of notes and Polaroid pictures for her killer. Though the story is unclear at first, through narration, structure, and repetition, the plot of the story becomes clearer.... [tags: American Literature]
613 words (1.8 pages)