Coming together as one is an essential to promote the health that is needed in order to define the
outcome for what’s best for the patient. The importance of the teamwork and collaboration to
the professional nursing is very important since the nurse is providing the bedside care of the
patient. Which directions to go in as far as the orders will come from the interdisciplinary team?
With feedback from the nurse, changes need to be made.
Meeting the needs and what is best for the patient which is the outcome of the care, building
a healthy relationship and most of all knowing the patient’s needs. According to Hook (2104), presence empathy respect and genuineness are the principles of communication that facilitate successful collaboration. Patient-centered care is delivered by the collaboration of the team. The method of delivery of this care should be integrated with the values and needs of patients.
The collaboration of the team must reduce division and improve the quality and safety of care provided to patients. Treating all patients with dignity, respect, and understanding to their cultural values and autonomy. Each patient comes with their own religious belief. With patient-centered care as health care providers, we have to have ways to work around a patient with different beliefs. Catering to their culture differences and needs is a must in order to fulfill their needs.
Involvement of the family is a big part of the collaboration and also with patient-centered care. Family at that moment may have in site information that the patient isn’t sharing
or know how the patient is feeling. Or the f...
... middle of paper ...
... Interpreters are at times needed with the diverse cultures along with diverse languages. “Recent patient safety and interprofessional team collaboration initiatives emphasize the importance of all health team members speaking a common language when discussing patient care issues” (Hook, 2014, p.161).
The roles of the interdisciplinary team for the patient
Depending on the condition you may interact with a wide range of individuals who are dedicated
to your health care.—every member you encounter makes a caring contribution to your hospital
experience and recovery.
Conclusion- Each member is a valuable aspect of the team. Without the collaboration and efforts
from each, the care of the patient would be incomplete. Uniting the interdisciplinary team among
each other’s a caring part that the nurses have a hand in every step of the way.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Discussion Post Week Five NURS6565, N-5 As an advanced practice nurse (APN), one must interact with other medical professionals cooperatively and collaboratively to ensure the best outcomes for his or her patient population. Interprofessional collaboration happens when providers, patients, families, and communities work together to produce optimal patient outcomes (Interprofessional Education Collaborative Expert Panel, 2011). This type of teamwork and cooperation ensures that all of the providers caring for a patient act in a cohesive manner in which everyone including the patient plays a role in the management of the individual’s health.... [tags: Health care provider, Health care, Patient]
807 words (2.3 pages)
- Team Communication Virtual teams are a great way to facilitate teamwork in situations where people are not able to be sitting in the same physical office together. Virtual teams are the same as regular brick and mortar teams with one exception, the way in which the team members communicate. Instead of the usual face-to-face exchange, the virtual teams rely on email, faxes, phone calls, and teleconferences to communicate with their team members. Creating a plan to ensure that the team’s performance meets the intended goal is important to the team’s success.... [tags: Management, Communication, Virtual management]
797 words (2.3 pages)
- Communication Innovations Innovations due to technological advances has become spreading widely throughout our society. We live in a modern world with Internet access from our home, fast food chains, offices, schools and on our mobile devices, such as iPhones, iPods, Blackberries and Android Phones. Nowadays, the use of internet became essential to communicate distantly and the use of social media for interactions. Globalization has totally changed the views of operation in our world. The idea of communication among the people around the world through the use of mobile applications, web applications, social media and the use of internet easily was truly amazing.... [tags: Internet, Communication, Technology, Collaboration]
1552 words (4.4 pages)
- Even though, incompatibility can harmoniously exist within an organization, it is only when team member’s behaviors are interdependent that a conflict generally occur (Miller, 2015). When people work together, the team must have some level of cooperation for the team to accomplish its objectives. In fact, the performance of the team depends in part on the degree of cooperation that team members achieve. Hostile relationships among team members can lead to conflict, which disrupts the team 's efforts to achieve specific goals.... [tags: Conflict, Management, Interdependence]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- Definition: Collaboration is a practice where an individual or individuals work together to achieve a common purpose and achieve a business benefit. It involves cooperation, forming alliances and partnerships and full participation of the individuals in this kind of undertaking. In other words it is a joint effort of multiple individuals working together for a common goal.It’s mainly characterized by voluntary participation and requires parity among participants. Each members contribution is equally valued because it is based on mutual goals, sharing of resources, time, knowledge and materials to enhance the sense of ownership among the collaborating members is at the center for collaborati... [tags: Collaboration, Team, The A-Team]
1490 words (4.3 pages)
- Reflection on the Interprofessional Learning (IPL) activity In the beginning of this activity, I did not know much about collaboration between different healthcare professionals. It helped me to clarify the meaning of a healthcare team and also to understand the role of different professionals in the team. Different team members have their specific roles and all of them work together to achieve a common goal –healthier patient. They work independently, but when it comes to decision making they seek advice from other healthcare provider in order to do the best for the patient.... [tags: healthcare team, roles, decision making]
958 words (2.7 pages)
- Groups and Teams Group and Teams Alexander Dumas in his book The Three Musketeers wrote: "All for one. And one for all." This philosophy is what high-performance teams is all about. It is better to belong to a group or team when an organization needs to organize a major event. I was involved in a special team project at my organization to plan a parent involvement retreat with other community liaison in my school district. This essay will examine the teams' cultural diversity and demographic characteristics in impacting the goal or outcome.... [tags: Team Work]
1113 words (3.2 pages)
- During the 2015 fall semester, four students came together for the fulfillment of a requisite class for graduation under the executive Master’s program of Management of Technology. To their surprise they would not be allowed to work with their partners of choice but among three strangers. This condition led the students to the execution of intuitive collaboration practices under which a sense of community grew towards reaching their individual and group goals. The group was formed by three Indian-ancestry students and the author of this story who embraces a Costa Rican heritage.... [tags: Team Collaboration ]
2719 words (7.8 pages)
- Body: Teams can enjoy a significant competitive advantage over individual employees in any organization through the facilitation of trusting, open, and supportive relationships. This advantage helps to foster collaboration in the organization. Trust is the basis and most common and ôfundamental element of a winning teamö (Kouzes and Posner, 2007, p.225). Literature suggests that ôpositive relationships help produce effective teamsö (Lafasto & Larson, in Pierce & Newstrom (Eds.), 2008, p160). Successful cooperation will enable individuals in team to accomplish much more than any one person could do alone.... [tags: Team Work Collaboration Group ]
1627 words (4.6 pages)
- Part of the Team Basketball has been more than just a game in my life, it has always been a big part of my life, but it has been a part differently than what it is to others. I love everything about basketball. I have done everything from keeping the official book for a men's and women's collegiate team to washing a high school team's practice clothes and even making sure everyone has their uniforms and shoes before leaving for an away game. You don't have to be on the court, you don't have to be the one taking the winning shot or calling the play to be part of the team.... [tags: Personal Narrative Basketball Essays]
2544 words (7.3 pages)