Coffee, The Feeling of Total Freshness
Every one of us has the habit of drinking. Some likes to drink tea, some juice or somebody likes to drink wine or something else. Most of us randomly drink tea as it is very cheap or easy to make. But if someone offers us to drink coffee, we may say- not bad. It is individual for its different taste and the power of bringing freshness. Most of the coffee lovers want to start their day drinking a cup of smoky coffee. If they don’t, everything seems to them boring or charmless. Therefore you want or not, coffee never forgets you. Its flavor and variety always enchants our mind for a demon love. So it achieves worldwide popularity.
The history of coffee goes at least as far back as the 10th century, with a number of reports and legends surrounding its first use. The native (undomesticated) origin of coffee is thought to have been Ethiopia. The earliest substantiated evidence of either coffee drinking or knowledge of the coffee tree is from the 15th century, in the Sufi monasteries of Yemen. By the 16th century, it had reached the rest of the Middle East, Persia, Turkey, Horn of Africa, and northern Africa. Coffee then spread to the Balkans, Italy and to the rest of Europe, to Indonesia and then to America.
Mirror to the Modern World
In the mid-1600 's, coffee was brought to New Amsterdam, later called New York by the British. Though coffee houses rapidly began to appear, tea continued to be the favored drink in the New World until 1773, when the colonists revolted against a heavy tax on tea imposed by King George III. The revolt, known as the Boston Tea Party, would forever change the American drinking preference to coffee.
"Coffee-the favorite drink of the ci...
... middle of paper ...
...se bedwetting. One survey reported that caffeine consumption of 5-7 year old kids may increase enuresis a.k.a. bedwetting.
Should we except or reduce
For others, reasonable amounts (1-6 cups a day) coffee can be good for you. It can prevent serious diseases, boost your mind and muscles, and even help you with weight loss. Remember, as long as you drink toxin free, specialty and brew it with care, you can and should be enjoying it knowing it 's good for you.
On the other hand the nostalgic feeling of coffee in a rainy or winter morning may bring you a nostalgic feeling of romanticism. If you have the campus experience, you can’t forget some exciting moments with a cup of coffee when you were with your university friends who still not beside you. You can just recall the past with the smoky flavor of a cup of coffee. So coffee can always bring us the fresh feeling.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Picture this, the alarm goes off at 5 am, you have to get up for work or school but you are mentally and physically exhausted from not getting enough sleep. What could start your morning better than the smell and taste of a large cup of coffee. Come time of the age 18, the reliance on coffee is significantly high in getting through the day. Does the majority of society actually take the time to sit down and think exactly what they are drinking. Is this beverage that we consume actually as good as we make it out to be.... [tags: Coffee, Caffeine, Coffea, Tea]
700 words (2 pages)
- Costa Coffee , is a company that is founded in 1995 by an italian brothers (Sergio Costa & Bruno Costa) in England. They first started as a Coffee Bean wholesale business , catering to the needs of local cafes and coffee houses. With their Italian background and experience in mixed roasted coffee beans that Sergio learnt in Parma, Italy, The Costa brothers gradually established their own unique style of roasting coffee beans. They go through a low temperature , slowly roasting the coffee beans, so that the final product has a fragrant and bitter less taste.... [tags: Coffee, Coffeehouse, Starbucks, Coffee roasting]
2554 words (7.3 pages)
- As people kick their tired feet up, comfortably nestle their aching bodies into a cozy position, what do they do next. Do they chug a mug of energy or sip a cup of relaxation. In today’s society, there has been a distinguishing difference between people who choose between the beverages of coffee and tea. Further, our drink preferences let on more than we think at first sip. There are a variety of specialty stores and aisles in the supermarket because, believe it or not, we have an indescribable desire for the “perfect fix.” A coffee enthusiast is heavily dependent on coffee and from there, it 's only a matter of time till they experience the most intense skull-splitting headache of their li... [tags: Coffee, Tea, Drink, Tea culture]
1082 words (3.1 pages)
- Coffee as we know it was not prepared in the form we commonly consume. It was not until the fifteenth century, that it was roasted, ground, and brewed. Originally, the seeds of bunn, as coffee was called in Ethiopia, grew wild on the mountainside of Ethiopia, the seeds were ground and mixed with animal fat for a quick energy source. Also the leaves were brewed to make a weak caffeinated drink (Pendergrast 1). Later it was used by Sufi monks to stay awake during their midnight prayers, their dances of mystic dervishes, and as a type of communion wine for Islamic Sufis, because wine was forbidden.... [tags: Coffee, Caffeine, Coffee culture, Cancer]
1216 words (3.5 pages)
- Some of the best beverages in the world are made using the humble coffee bean. I know that coffee, in all it 's guises, surely makes my life better. But understanding the difference between espresso and coffee or the difference between coffee and cappuccino can feel tricky at first. I know the first time I walked into a coffee shop by myself I was a little overwhelmed. I didn 't know the difference between latte and cappuccino, let alone the difference between mocha and latte. I was able to learn, eventually.... [tags: Coffee, Espresso, Milk, Caffeine]
1512 words (4.3 pages)
- Since working as a Barista at a local Starbucks, I can brew a perfect cup of coffee down to a point. You could ask different people in your family and they could tell you several different ways to make their version of a “perfect cup.” I have been studying constantly on how to become a Coffee Master by learning how to describe and pair coffee. One may think coffee tasting is strange, but wine tasting isn’t. Truth is, people have coffee tastings as much as people go out to a wine tasting. There are four different steps in preparing the ideal cup of coffee: proportion, grind, freshness, and water.... [tags: Coffee, Coffee preparation, Taste, Drip brew]
1220 words (3.5 pages)
- Based on Annie Dillard’s account of witnessing a total eclipse in her essay “Total Eclipse” I would have to say she definitely encourages her readers to witness a total eclipse. She says that it is almost the opposite of a partial eclipse, which I am sure most people have seen many times before, that’s how different they are and I believe most people including myself think partial eclipses are spectacular and almost dreamlike. The opening line in “Total Eclipse” is “It had been like dying, that sliding down the mountain pass” (477).... [tags: Total Eclipse]
1314 words (3.8 pages)
- Why Coffee Is Overrated This morning I had a cup of coffee and it got me thinking do we really need to drink coffee. Coffee is the everyday morning life for most people in the world. It is their “wake me up drink” and also their “keep me going through the day drink.” I, personally grew up around coffee. My parents drank coffee every morning, like most people, and praised it like it was their world. Most mornings, my parents would make sure they had enough time to sit down and drink their cup of coffee (or sometimes two) while reading the paper before they went to work.... [tags: Coffee, Caffeine, Decaffeination, Drink]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
- The name Starbucks has become a household name over the years, and it is nearly synonymous with coffee as a whole. Both the iconic tricolor of green, black, and white and the emblem of the Siren have become nearly as recognizable as the company name itself. With such popularity, Starbuck faces an incredible amount of pressure to produce quality beverages. Starbucks has no qualms about meeting this demand, though. With a simple advertisement composed of a lone coffee cup accompanied by a bold promise, Starbucks guarantees customers a perfect cup of coffee.... [tags: Coffee, Starbucks, Coffeehouse, Drink]
1100 words (3.1 pages)
- The White Male Fantasy of Total Recall After saving the planet from a ruthless dictator and barely avoiding death on the hills of Mars, Douglas Quaid (Schwarzenegger) puts a final spin on Total Recall with his final lines: "I just had a terrible thought. What if this is all a dream?" This last statement by Quaid leaves the audience pondering the question of reality, wondering what truly was 'real.' By the end of the film, one could easily argue a whole realm of possibilities: The events were all real; they were all a dream; they were the Recall implant fantasy played out; or they were the Recall fantasy gone haywire.... [tags: Total Recall Essays]
3349 words (9.6 pages)
- The Management Of The Citibank, New Zealand
- Sexual Abuse During The Period Of Witch Hunting
- How Technology Has Changed My Life
- Graduation Speech : My Goals
- The World Is A Book, And Those Who Do Not Travel Read Only One Page
- Performance Management : The Performance And Gathering The Information About Why Performance Is Poor Or Outstanding