Cody Higginbotham is an extreme race fan from Guntersville, Alabama. Cody has received many great opportunities over the last ten years. He got his first big break working on a message board (forum) for Jamie Mosley in 2003. “Jamie was driving a part time schedule in the #39 for Jay Robinson. He offered me an opportunity to work on a message board for him. I was only 12 years old at the time. I will admit that I was pretty nervous, but I was also excited about the great opportunity I received.” Cody received a second great opportunity to work with Venturini Motorsports in 2004. “Venturini Motorsports marketing/ PR Tom Venturini noticed me when Billy Venturini was still driving. He offered me an amazing opportunity to work on a message board (forum) for them at the end of 2004 until 2007.” Cody also worked on a message board (forum) for Brad Keselowski in 2005 - 2009, David Gilliland in 2006-2007, Burney Lamar in 2009, and JD Motorsports in 2008 - 2012. Cody received more amazing opportunities before and after he was finished working on message boards for race teams.
Cody started managing social media pages for race car drivers and race teams in 2009. “I worked on a social media page for Mario Gosselin in 2009 through 2010. At the end of 2010 through part of 2011, I worked on a social media page for 2nd Chance Motorspo...
... middle of paper ...
...ing what’s a head in the next 10 years. I would also like to say get well soon to my uncle AR. I would like to thank Jimmy means racing and Joey Gase for putting get well soon AR decals on the #52 car at Bristol. It means so much to my family.”
Cody is doing what everyone should do, follow your hopes and dreams and never give up. He has been having many great opportunities over the last 10 years. He is doing a great job helping out Joey Gase and Jimmy means racing this year and hopefully many years to come.
To Cody: You are doing a great job helping Jimmy Means Racing and Joey Gase get the word out about how they doing each weekend at the track. My heart goes out to your uncle AR. I hope your Uncle AR gets well soon. I’m sure your Uncle AR is very proud of everything you have accomplished in your life. I wish you nothing but the best with your future.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In the state of Alabama, there are many communities with their own values, beliefs, traditions, and community resources. According to Maurer and Smith (2013), a community is an open social system with people who have the same goals over a period of time. Communities contain people, places, and social interactions. The communities described within this paper are Jefferson and Shelby County. These counties both located in Alabama. Jefferson County, Alabama was founded December 13, 1819 (Encyclopedia of Alabama, 2013).... [tags: Health care, Health insurance, Alabama]
1538 words (4.4 pages)
- Fan Culture is something that has been around for a while, but it the last twenty years, since the introduction of the Internet, it is also something that has changed dramatically. A fan is an enthusiast of something and now the Internet is a good home for fans to gather and build together a community of fans, a ‘Fandom’. The turn Fandom means a community of a group of people who all enjoy them same thing and the Internet has created a place for online communities. Fan Culture has irreversibly changed the media industry because of the ability share information and fan made created content.... [tags: Fan Culture, Fandom]
1128 words (3.2 pages)
- As I began my interview, there was a sense of awkwardness or tension in the room. I have heard family rumors about my relative Mr. A and his alcohol addiction, but he was never really open to everyone about his past. So as I began my interview I first wanted to read his mood and insert a sense of comfort in the conversation. I began by asking a few questions to catch up on his side of the family and talk a little trash about Alabama’s national title. (He’s a big Alabama fan and I’m a Florida Gator fan.) The first interview question I asked was how/why he decided to stop drinking, and seek help.... [tags: Alcoholism, Addiction, Alcohol abuse]
708 words (2 pages)
- Even though Alabama’s sexual predators laws are considered strict, it does not negate the fact Sexual predators often rob their victim of innocent that is never recovered. Furthermore, these sexual predators seek the most vulnerable persons in society to seek assault sexually. Alabama’s laws seek to alleviate however, predators many time will return to a predatory lifestyle even after prison. Technology has only served to enhance sexual predators’ ability to reach out to it victim in private by way of chat room and other social networks.... [tags: Sexual Crimes, Laws, Alabama]
672 words (1.9 pages)
- The 11th Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta, Alabama on Wednesday February 5th; ruled against an injunction that assured the primary funding source for the Alabama Education Association (AEA). The ruling allows the enforcement of a law passed by Alabama Legislature in 2010. The law bans government employees to arrange an automatic payroll deduction of dues to membership organization that uses the membership fees for political purposes. AEA challenged the law in a federal trial court altercating that the law is in violation of “the free speech and equal protection provisions of the First and Fourteenth amendments of the U.S.... [tags: fed court, appeals, alabama education]
516 words (1.5 pages)
- Fan Fiction in a Literary Context For most people, John F. Kennedy Jr was a character in a play, a character in a story, just the way Sherlock Holmes was. When he's lost, then people react very emotionally. Constantly rehearsing the details of somebody's life and death shows that people are trying to continue the story. We always try to do that when the story ends before we're prepared for the ending. - Neil Postman, chairman of the department of culture and communication at New York University On the official Anne Rice web site appears the following message: I do not allow fan fiction.... [tags: Fan Fiction Essays]
4875 words (13.9 pages)
- A Leon Higginbotham Jr.’s argument in The Ancestry of Inferiority (1619-1662), is that the people of Virginia had already began to think of black people, be it they were free or indentured servants, as inferior to themselves before slavery was institutionalized. The Colonist’s had already begun to strategize legalities in regards on how black people were to be disciplined. Higginbotham has two reasons why Africans were not afforded the same liberties as that of the white indentured servants in Virginia.... [tags: race, color, colonist]
1694 words (4.8 pages)
- The White Hip Hop Fan Methodology In case you are not accustomed with the group Public Enemy, the subtitles names is a play of their album "It'll Take a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back." Being not only a white hip hop fan, but a white kid trying to become a rapper, I have obviously been faced with the problem of society's non-acceptance of my type. I interviewed a friend of mine who I rap with quite often about his feelings on the subject of the white hip hop fan, and have long pondered it on my own.... [tags: Music Racial Race Papers]
2553 words (7.3 pages)
- Sports fans must have certain rules and regulations against them in order to maintain violence outbreaks during games. For the past decade, fan violence has gotten more and more out of control. There should be certain limits for fans so that violence can be prevented during games. The route of fan behavior comes from many different things, all of which can escalate into very serious situations during games. That’s when it can get very dangerous for the fans and even for the players. There are lots of different examples of fan violence in sports.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1424 words (4.1 pages)
- It must have been around eleven o'clock in the morning when I awoke from a stuffy and uncomfortable sleep, in the back of a moving mini-van. My mouth was dry, my nose was sore, and my eyes itched from sleep crust. A huge yawn escaped from my mouth as I tried to stretch my aching limbs. As I was stretching out, I accidentally kicked my little brother Sam in the head. So much for peaceful sleep, he woke up in a foul mood. He must have thought that I kicked him on purpose because he punched me as hard as he could in my leg.I got really mad at him I yelled " Why did you do that, I kicked you by accident?" I punched him in his chest.... [tags: essays research papers]
2985 words (8.5 pages)