The Coca-Cola brand accounts for nearly 75% of the Company’s unit sales volume of soft drinks. Also, the remaining 25% consists of popular soft drinks such as Fanta, Sprite, Fresca, PowerAde, Mello Yello, Surge, Barq’s Root Beer and many other brands. With emphasis, the cola Company’s soft drink operations are managed in six groups, which are North America, Africa, Latin America, Middle/Far East, Greater Europe, and The Minute Maid Company; the world’s leading marketer of fruit drinks and fruit juices (Business Case Studies, 2017).
Furthermore, in the carbonated soft drink industry, there are two popular giants in the market, which are Coca-Cola and Pepsi Cola. The two companies are selling cola drinks with similar color and taste, so they are perfect substitutes. Not to mention, both companies have been competing strongly against each other for decades. The cola market is dominated by these two business leaders with a total market share of 72%, Pepsi’s market share is 30% and Coke’s is 42%. Importantly, this is known as an oligopoly market, where there are...
... middle of paper ...
...uct in-house, but recent brands have come from acquisitions.
Buehler, N. (2017). Top 5 Companies Owned by Coca Cola (KO). Retrieved from https://www.investopedia.com/articles/markets/011216/top-5-companies-owned-coca-cola-ko.asp
Business Case Studies. (2017). Working with bottling franchisees around the world. Retrieved form http://businesscasestudies.co.uk/coca-cola-great-britain/working-with-bottling-franchisees-around-the-world/introduction.html
Dimanche. (2012). Coca Cola pricing strategy. Retrieved from http://softdrinkcolawar.blogspot.com/2012/12/coca-cola-pricing-strategy.html
Economics Blog. (2013). THE COLA OLIGOPOLY. Retrieved from http://carmenchewyimin.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-cola-oligopoly.html
Vault. (2017). The Coca-Cola Company. Retrieved from http://www.vault.com/company-profiles/food-beverage/the-coca-cola-company/company-overview
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Coca-Cola Company is the world’s largest beverage company and is the leading marketer and producer of soft drinks. Today, Coca-Cola is consumed globally at the rate of over 600 million times per day. Nevertheless, Coca-Cola doesn’t live on its past achievements, instead it looks to the future as a challenge and continually seeks new markets and ideas of increasing its market share in locations where it presently has a strong company. This company is the world’s largest producer and distributor of concentrates and syrups for soft drinks.... [tags: Coca-Cola, The Coca-Cola Company, Soft drink]
1692 words (4.8 pages)
- The Coca-Cola Company is the largest non-alcoholic beverage company in the world who owns, sells and distributes more than 600 different non-alcoholic beverages in 200 countries and more. “The amount of product Coca-Cola sells equates to 1.9 billion or 3.2% of the total amount of non-alcoholic beverages served worldwide” (Jurevicius, 2017). Additionally, they have a large/dominant market share, enormous brand recognition and a huge advantage in the number of consumers they can reach. Not to mention the Coca-Cola Company also owns other reputable brands such as Sprite, Fanta, Minute Maid and even Powerade to name a few that combine to earn the company, approximately, an additional $1 billion... [tags: Coca-Cola, The Coca-Cola Company, PepsiCo, Brand]
715 words (2 pages)
- .The company I chose to research is the, Coca-Cola Company. Their company mission is to “refresh the world” and spread happiness, which can be seen in the media advertising. Although this company is sold in stores, there is the option for online buying as well. Its URL is, http://www.coca-colastore.com. While this URL, is the company’s actual website, http://www.coca-colacompany.com/our-company. This online website allows customers to buy Coca-Cola products “Share-a-Coke” and Coke brand merchandise (Moye, 2015).... [tags: Coca-Cola, Soft drink, PepsiCo]
1432 words (4.1 pages)
- Analysis of the Coca Cola Company History "Coca-Cola enterprises Incorporated, employees 66,199 operates, 444 facilities, 47,235 vehicles, 1.9 million pieces of cold drink equipment and sold 3.8billion unit cases in 46 states in the united states, all 10 provinces of Canada and portions of Europe including Belgium, France, Great Britain, Luxembourg and the Netherlands" (Coca-Cola facts 99). An, Atlanta Pharmacist Dr. John Slyth Pemberton founded Coca-Cola on May 8, 1886. The carmel colored ingredients, Coca leaves and kola nuts.... [tags: Businesses Coca Cola Marketing Essays]
4605 words (13.2 pages)
- ... What impact is the organization causing the environment and vice versa, is the organization been affected by these problems. It also studies the seasons in with consumers prefer to buy Coca Cola. Political Analysis: this factor dictates how involve the government is with the operation of the company. It includes tax policies/environmental policies/ labor force law/ quantity of the goods permitted by the government, etc. It analyzes the governments and the ideology that it stands for by its incentives, stability and tariffs imposed in the government.... [tags: environment, market, swot]
2266 words (6.5 pages)
- Company overview: Coca –Cola (KO) is one of the world’s largest beverage companies. Company was incorporated in September 1919 under the State of Delaware law and headquarters is located in Atlanta Georgia. But from 1886, company established its brand in US (Coca-Cola, 2012, p. 1). Currently company is providing for more than 500 varieties of non-alcoholic sparkles to the customers around the world. Apart from this, company also serve for still beverages that includes enhanced water, water, ready-to-drink, juices, energy drink, sport drinks and so on.... [tags: Sprite, Fanta, Diet coke]
1771 words (5.1 pages)
- Financial Assessment – Coca-Cola Company Mata Diarra Bowie State University Overview Coca-Cola Company has over 500 nonalcoholic brands including juices, energy drinks, and water, among others. It is undisputed the largest beverage firm globally. The firm started operations in the year 1886 in the United States, but currently, the company operates in over 200 countries ("Form 10-K", 2017). The firm prides itself on globally recognized nonalcoholic brands such as Coca-Cola, Fanta, Sprite and Diet Coke.... [tags: Inventory]
1375 words (3.9 pages)
- ... Moreover, the kind of global reach Coca Cola has gained is rare for other companies to achieve. The same reach a s well as the same popularity across the globe would be really difficult for other brands to achieve. Coca Cola’s first main weakness is that it is highly susceptible to any kind of negative publicity. Every kind of negative publicity can hurt the brand badly. Some years ago after traces of pesticides were found in the products of Coca Cola, it had hurt the brand really hard. Sales had dipped in various corners of the world apart from the criticism that flowed.... [tags: business analysis and strategies]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- An important aspect of The Coca-Cola Company’s vision is to “Be the Brand,” inspiring creativity, passion, optimism, and fun (The Coca-Cola Company, 2014). Marketability is a key ability of businesses, and Coca-Cola markets itself very effectively. TCCC does this by not solely marketing its products, but its lifestyle as well. Despite changes in its products over time, the company maintains its timeless Coke bottle, motto to “Have a Coke and a smile,” unchanging logo, and other iconic images, and therefore benefits from its status as a known and trusted brand throughout the world.... [tags: business analysis]
1350 words (3.9 pages)
- Analysis of the Coca-Cola Company The Coca-Cola Company is the world's leading manufacturer, marketer and distributor of soft-drink concentrates and syrups. The Coca-Cola Company is the world's leading manufacturer, marketer and distributor of soft-drink concentrates and syrups. The Company markets many of the world's top soft drink brands, including Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Sprite and Fanta. Through the world's largest and most pervasive distribution system, consumers in nearly 200 countries enjoy the Company's products at a rate of more than one billion serving a day.... [tags: Business Management Soft Drinks Essays]
2330 words (6.7 pages)