I woke up one morning to the sun shining on my face through the stingy, old blinds. It was 7:40am, I had class at 8. I pulled the covers back, jumped off the top bunk and grabbed my toothbrush, than ran to the bathroom. I looked like a mess when I looked at myself in the mirror. I saw a fresh new zit staring right back at me in the mirror, I thought to myself of course, just what I need. I was stressed, I had a big test in bio that day, and I was already on a time crunch. Minute by minute kept going by and I was still trying to get all my stuff together when Madi walked in at 7:52 to walk to class with me. I wasn 't ready, I felt like my whole world was going to change because I was going to be late for my Bio test. If I was late then that meant I was going to fail the test because I was going to be rushed, and then I would have gotten a bad grade, that could potentially make me not do well in the class. Failing my first bio test would change everything I wanted to do in my life. My life would be over. Little did I know that day, that failing my bio test wouldn 't be the worst thing in the world.
September 22, 2015 I was stalking this group of friends that went to a school in my home town. Just going through each one of them, (I’m not a creep I swear), I was bored and I just kept looking at all the pictures and how beautiful and perfect their friend group is. As I was stalking the last friend, I looked at all of her pictures and thought to myself; wow, she has everything. She has the most beautiful long brown hair, she died her a hair a couple time; blonde, red, black, and they all looked amazing on her. Her makeup was done to a perfection so it made it looked like she was hardly wearing any. Her cloth...
... middle of paper ...
... and then the next day that can be taken away in a millisecond.
Life works in mysterious ways. It’s scary to me to not know when I’m going to see someone again, or if the last talk I had with my mom was on the phone with her about how my night was going. The little things in life are what matter to me. The smile I get from a friend if I’m having a bad day that instantly makes my day feel a little bit better. The good morning text my mom sends me just to check up on me, or even how pretty the sunsets are. The moments and little things I don’t feel like are important; are. These little things in life could also be important to someone else who might be struggling. A simple hi and a smile could change a persons whole day; even though it doesn 't seem like a big deal. The little things in life are what matters the most, embrace them, enjoy them, and spread them around.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In that very moment There I was a hundred feet in the air, my body was squished so I couldn’t move. I was scared for my life I didn’t know if I wanted to stay on or get off. So I stayed on and I held on so tight my hands started to hurt. I can’t turn back now, here we go, on the first hill I can see everything up here, slowly we are going down we pick up more speed, I closed my eyes (bad idea because, that just made it worse) I didn’t wanna look. My stomach was in my back, then we went up a smaller hill which wasn’t as bad, but before I knew it, it was over.... [tags: English-language films, Time, Roller coaster]
2281 words (6.5 pages)
- It was the day, the day I have been counting down for weeks, the day I was most excited for, my birthday. I woke up on this wonderful morning to the smell of eggs and bacon streaming through the whole house. As I was about to get up and start my day my parents barged in my room shouting “Happy Birthday” while handing me a plate of food bigger than my head and a cup of hot coffee. I scarfed my food down so quick that I barley had time to breathe. I couldn 't contain my excitement any longer. I was waiting for all my friends to come over so that we could start all the activities we had planned for the day.... [tags: Debut albums, Roller coaster, Balloon]
746 words (2.1 pages)
- It was the spring of 2007, I was so happy to see the flowers in the front yard were ready to bloom after a long winter we had. This upcoming week, my family was taken on a roller coaster ride of emotions that they were not expecting, so quickly. I remember it was morning of my Conformation (one of the seven sacraments in the Catholic religion.) And everyone was running around the house to make sure the house was clean before the family had arrived for the party after the mass. While inside, my hair was being curler to my mom making sure my white and blue polka dotted dress was wrinkle free, it was a nut house.... [tags: Family, Sibling, Love, Thought]
710 words (2 pages)
- The only photograph that was captured that night of us was taken right before all the festivities started. We were setting up the music for that night and we took a few seconds to snap a picture on the laptop webcam before joining the party. The picture highlighted my happiness and the joyful feelings I had that night. The expression on my face is blissful, content, in love – an appearance I always had when I was around him. I knew that he cared for me as much as I cared for him. There was such adoration, such gleefulness in the way I gazed at the camera.... [tags: Abuse, Bullying, Humiliation, Feeling]
2163 words (6.2 pages)
- It started in February 11 th, 1992 that’s when I was born. A big child as my mother would say, maybe that’s because I was almost ten pounds and put her in a great deal of pain. My parents were born in Mexico; they entered this country at a young age. They worked hard and never complained. My mom got married to my dad at nineteen and had my sister at twenty. I was born two years later. I guess I was the correct child since my parents stopped with me. I went to Rosemary Kennedy for preschool in Riverside, from what I remember I loved every second of it.... [tags: High school, College, High school diploma]
739 words (2.1 pages)
- My name is Bob Thomas. My life has been one hell of a roller coaster, with enough ups and downs to make anyone nauseas. I guess I shouldn’t complain, because that is a common lifestyle for most people. It all started when I was a teenager and it is a familiar fact that every teenager has their fair amount of rows, with there parents. However, one argument was just one to many for me. It was actually quite pathetic; I look back and laugh at what I was arguing about. This sounds silly but I was quarrelling, with my mum, on whether I could wear my suede boots to school.... [tags: Happiness Essays]
551 words (1.6 pages)
- Scenario: I had become a pregnant sophomore and was wondering what to do. I was so confused about my pregnancy now that Jack had said that he had nothing to do with it and he did not want to se me ever again. How stupid was I, to go with everything he had to say, otherwise I would not be in this dilemma. Not even my parents knew about this. I kept on asking myself if I had to assure them. I thought maybe the best thing was to kill myself before anyone found out about this, but it would not solve anything only depression piled in the walls of my brain that I was not able to concentrate or think of what I was doing.... [tags: Original Writing Personal Narrative]
1404 words (4 pages)
- I'm Pregnant- Original Writing- "Incomplete Esssay" Background Information:- Young girl of sixteen called Cathy has found out that she is pregnant; she has decided to break the news to her long term boyfriend named Conner who is seventeen. Cathy is very nervous about the situation as she does not know how Conner is going to react. Cathy has known she is pregnant for a week but it has taken her this long to build up the courage to say something. To make matters worse her parents come from a strongly religious Catholic background which means if she tells her parents she could face having no moral support as sex before marriage is not approved and abortions are... [tags: Original Writing Personal Narrative]
454 words (1.3 pages)
- Imagine getting on a roller coaster. The roller coaster is starting up. It’s slowly reaching the top of the track. Suddenly the roller coaster takes off and is now reaching speeds up to 100 miles per hour. Now imagine the roller coaster is having an error. The roller coaster is breaking down. Innocent lives are getting injured, or worse. Roller coasters now are bigger, faster, and taller. However, roller coasters are now more dangerous than ever before. Roller coasters can cause a lot of pain to people.... [tags: Roller coaster, Amusement park, Cedar Point]
1427 words (4.1 pages)
- My first roller coaster My whole life I have been afraid of heights and roller coasters at amusement parks. Every year my family and I take a trip to Adventureland in Des Monies every summer. This summer I was determined to ride my first roller coaster. It was the night before we were going and my sisters and I always have a sleepover with our two other cousins, it was our tradition. We stayed up almost all night watching movies and talking about the rides we were going to ride this time. "I 'm going to ride the Tornado", I said.... [tags: Roller coaster, Amusement park, 2009 albums]
856 words (2.4 pages)