Prevost Commitment to Quality and Excellence
Prevost places the utmost commitment to quality and product excellence and strives to be the premiere provider of the most advanced and superior chassis and luxury coach shells in the industry. Prevost commitment to quality starts in the manufacturing process when each piece of steel frame is held into place by a zero tolerance jig until the welding process is completed. There are other companies on the market that build alternative shells and chassis, but by not using a zero tolerance jig like Prevost actually turn out inferior products that have imperfections and slight variations. It sounds like using a zero tolerance jig would be common sense for any manufacturer but that is not always the case and this is where Prevost excels because utilizing a zero tolerance jig allows Prevost to repeatedly manufacture flawless chassis time and time again. Prevost continues its pursuit of quality and excellence by placing just as much detail on the rest of the build as it placed on welding the steel frame into perfection.
The Volvo Group owns Prevost and its with its primary goal to have the highest quality in the industry its suppliers must meet rigorous quality standards. Prevost and Volvo parts suppliers, primary target is to manufacture parts with a failure or defect rate of no more than ten parts per million (Volvo Group, 2014). These same parts manufacturers must also offer precision delivery and be capable of delivering parts on time a minimum of 98 percent of the time (Volvo Group, 2014). These are pretty tough standards for manufacturers and those that are unable to meet these high standards and demands will be replaced. Parts defects, and order delivery delays can cost c...
... middle of paper ...
Business Dictionary. (2014). Differentiation. Retrieved from. http://www.businessdictionary
Coach Quarters. (2014). Prevost the ultimate class. Retrieved from. http://www.coachquarter
ISO. (2014). ISO 9001:2000 quality management systems. Retrieved from. http://www.iso.org
Kokemuller, N. (2014). Chron. The disadvantage of excess inventory. Retrieved from.
Prevost. (2014). The value of heritage. Retrieved from. http://motorhome.prevostcar.com/
Smartcorp. (2014). Prevost parts. http://www.smartcorp.com/pdf/PrevostParts_Article.pdf
Volvo Group. (2014). Suppliers. Our requirements. Retrieved from. http://www.volvogroup
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Prevost Prevost is a high-end luxury coach manufacturer with more than 85 years of Prevost quality and the company came into existence back in 1924 when cabinet-maker Eugene Prevost created his first wooden coach body (Prevost, 2014). Prevost has been able to withstand the test of time and separate itself from its competitors by offering unparalleled customer service and achieving industry high marks in customer satisfaction. Prevost has been able to achieve industry highs in customer satisfaction by providing cutting edge innovation, utilizing quality products, while continuing to focus on customer needs and after-sales service (Prevost, 2014).... [tags: quality, innovation, manufacturing]
906 words (2.6 pages)
- The pursuit of excellence is a rewarding journey in which a person conquers their problems, attitudes, and fears to reach the excellence they have dreamed about. I am very privileged to attend the National Sport School, where I get the opportunity to pursue excellence in education and ski racing at the same time. The following concepts are important to me in the pursuit of excellence: Part of pursuing excellence for me is having dreams. I am young still but I have dreams of where I want to go with my life.... [tags: Excellence, sports, ]
581 words (1.7 pages)
- How to Sell A Website Reprinted with permission of VotanWeb.com It is a joyous time when you are ready to sell your website. While you will be fraught with questions and unknown variables when ultimately you decide to sell your website it can be like winning a jackpot and a big change to your life. You might have been building your web business for years, consistently working on it day after day and night after night. When it finally sells you get a (hopefully) big cash injection and move on to new projects feeling renewed and excited about your future prospects.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Websites]
1917 words (5.5 pages)
- Sell Your Troubled Websites Reprinted with permission of VotanWeb.com You awaken one morning to the realization that the website you've poured so much time, energy and thought into; the dream that was once the preoccupation of your every waking moment has turned sour - what do you do. Market forces, changing consumer tastes, cash flow problems, or some unforeseen outside factor has brought you to the point of not being able to keep things going much longer. Do you, shut the doors and call it a day or declare bankruptcy.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Websites]
1199 words (3.4 pages)
- Advice on How to Sell Your Websites Reprinted with permission of VotanWeb.com If you are serious about selling your website then you will need to spruce up your financial statements, budgets, and business plans. Running your website as if you were preparing to sell it will improve your management practices and increase the value of your website. If you receive an offer that you can't refuse, being prepared will put you in a great position to close a deal quickly. In researching my book, “How to Sell Your Website for Top Dollar”, I interviewed over 200 entrepreneurs who had sold their websites.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Websites]
1083 words (3.1 pages)
- Valuing a Website Before You Sell Reprinted with permission of VotanWeb.com There is probably no part of the buying process that worries a potential buyer more than overpaying for a website. While this is understandable (who wants to pay more than something is worth), it has more to do with misinformation and one's total approach to buying a website than it does to being an expert at appraisals. The truth is, value is completely subjective. After all, what one website may be worth to you is entirely different from what it is worth to the next person.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Websites]
1092 words (3.1 pages)
- Quit Your Job - Buy and Sell Websites for a Living. Reprinted with permission of VotanWeb.com The stock market and real estate industry have long been populated by day traders and “flippers”, those that buy and sell in a short period of time in order to make a quick profit. In the real estate industry the life of a house flipper can be very appealing. Buy a renovator’s dream property at a discounted price, renovate and modernize it and then sell it at a few months later at a profit. This process can then be repeated over and over.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Websites]
2454 words (7 pages)
- Points to Consider When You Buy or Sell Websites Reprinted with permission of VotanWeb.com I've worked with many website sellers and many more potential website buyers over the years. I strongly believe that the best way for an entrepreneur to successfully get into an online business, or expand what they already have, is to buy an existing profitable website. To help those who are considering buying or selling a website, I offer the following overview of what I think are the most important issues when buying or selling a website.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Websites]
1566 words (4.5 pages)
- Advice Before You Sell Your Website Reprinted with permission of VotanWeb.com Only 27% of all websites that are put on the market are sold. This is a shocking statistic to most people trying to sell a website. If you follow the tips below your chances of selling dramatically increases. Have All Records Ready Before You Attempt to Sell Have these items ready before the website goes on the market to be sold: The last 3 years of federal tax returns for the website being sold, the last 3 years of financials (profit & loss statement, balance sheet), the last 3 years of monthly bank statements, etc - many parties during the selling process will need this info - serious website buyers, lenders w... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Websites]
1005 words (2.9 pages)
- Consumer Behaivior Does sex really sell. Sexuality is considered to be one of the most powerful tools in advertising, it as been around for the last two decades. It has been proven that more people will look at an ad longer if it has some type of erotic behavior in the ad. There has always been this age old question. That age old question, is does sex sell. The answer to that question is it depends on the situation the and the customer and what relationship the customer may have already developed from the product.... [tags: Marketing Consumer Behavior Sex Sell Analysis]
1548 words (4.4 pages)