Since the 1970’s Urban Outfitters INC. has produced a wide selection of clothing brands for the younger generation. Urban Outfitters INC. includes Free People, BHLDN, Anthropologie, Terrain and Urban Outfitters. The beginning of Urban Outfitters INC. started out in Philadelphia for college students, their fun loving affordable clothing appealed to students who were living under a college budget. It’s known for its “hipster” and “free thinking” clothing that would appeal to the younger generation. However in present day it seems as if the original purpose of Urban Outfitters INC. has been lost. The prices of clothing at Urban Outfitters and at their sister stores has increased drastically to where college students can barely afford it. Throughout the recent years Urban Outfitters INC. has found itself in multiple issues that effects the sales of their stores. For instance being reprimanded for their designs, being sued for stolen designs and having a president who supports anti-gay polictians. Considering all the negative aspects to Urban Outfitters and the loss of their traditional purpose Americans should not support Urban Outfitters Inc.
Richard Hayne the founder of Urban Outfitters Inc. is the mastermind behind this worldwide known clothing store. Hayne created the little store in Philiadelphia that has become an iconic urban hipster store. Being a college hippie himself Hayne understood the need to be free at a young age, his store appeals to the younger generation because of the independent mind of a young adult. Young minds are very liberal and open to numerous ideas so wasn’t it ironic that the founder of Urban Outfitters supported Rick Santorum an anti-gay activist. Hayne gave around $13,000 to support Santorum’s pol...
... middle of paper ...
...in March, by the time the summer months came these bed bugs were in the break room of the employees. Many employees complained about receiving itches while at work. To get the press off their back Urban Outfitters released a statement:
“We employ a third-party exterminator to test for bed bugs at all our retail locations in Manhattan, Queens, and Brooklyn on a monthly basis. We've had our 14th St. and 6th Ave. location inspected by exterminators and certified bed-bug sniffing dogs every month since September 2010, and twice a month since March of this year.(2012) In July, two isolated bed bug-related incidents occurred in employee-only areas of this store, and so we immediately implemented the treatment protocol recommended to us by our third-party exterminator.”
However a source claimed that these exterminators came some months and didn’t in others (Baker).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- VIII. METHODOLOGY This research was carried out across two cities of Pakistan namely Islamabad and Rawalpindi. The aim of this study was to identify the impact of interior atmospheric of a retail store on consumer behavioral intentions. Population selected were therefore were the customers who are into shopping. The target population was the customers who were located in the area of Islamabad and Rawalpindi. Convenience or non probability sampling was constructed which was more feasible of getting the information from the random buyers.... [tags: Consumer Behavior ]
1047 words (3 pages)
- Facilities: Forever Young will start off with one facility and expand along with profits. Once there is enough income collected to open another store the marketing strategy will focus on the first store. The store will be located _______. Labor Requirements: The first store will provide minimal wage in accordance with the state of New York, which is $9 per hour as of December 31, 2015 (New York State Department of Labor, 2015). As Forever Young’s profits expand there will be a manager of the store, and marketing advisor.... [tags: Credit card, Sales, Customer service, Retailing]
939 words (2.7 pages)
- Work with Freedom in Fashion I. ABOUT THE COMPANY Free People Apparel is an American retail business brand targeting women exhibiting fashion, art, music and travel. They are a lifestyle brand that offers high-quality clothing apparel, accessories, shoes, swimwear, beauty products and more. Free People Apparel a subsidized company of Urban Outfitters Incorporated. It was founded in the early 1970s by Dick Hayne and his first wife, Judy Wicks. The first store was in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and they named it “Free People”.... [tags: Retailing, Clothing, Clerks, Management]
741 words (2.1 pages)
- Profile My cosine sister, Punam Sharma is running a clothing store in city centre, Kathmandu, Nepal. We were growing together, and I know how grow up her business from small retail shop to big clothing store. It is all possible due to her hard work. Before, she could not afford to buy more products but now she imports products from Thailand and Bangkok. Her good interpersonal skills helped to earned many customer and she is a successful independent women. I know how she climbed mountain of success in business and in market.... [tags: Asset, Balance sheet]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- I. Attention Getter: The weather is getting chilly and you start switching up your summer clothing to winter clothing. During the process, you realize some pieces of clothing are small, getting old, out of trend, or you simply don’t like it anymore. You pick out the ones that you plan to no longer wear and toss them right into the trash. When it comes to old clothing, most people throw away the clothing without realizing how one piece of clothing can greatly benefit someone in need. K.I.D.S, Kids in Distressed Situations, is an organization that delivers clothing, accessories, shoes, home furnishing, toys, books, school supplies, and other items that can help you make better use of your unwa... [tags: Clothing, Textile, Felt, Donation]
1204 words (3.4 pages)
- ... Rather than just selling apparel, Francesca’s has borrowed a page from Coach and Michael Kors by also including jewelry and accessories within its collections. By having a wide range of merchandise available, Francesca’s has built up its appeal to trend-seeking shoppers (Caplinger, 2012).” There are many competitors of Francesca’s to consider like, Abercrombie & Fitch, Buckle, American Eagle, and many more (Sutherland, 2013). Francesca’s has many advantages over their competitors that almost put them in a niche category.... [tags: company profille]
1788 words (5.1 pages)
- Introduction Human Resource Management involves fostering a company culture that makes working for an organization a pleasant and rewarding experience. Building off the supplemental case: Inside the Clothing Store, this paper will concentrate on key ideas associated with building and sustaining a positive culture, how HR impacts culture with their activities and practices, and how the supplemental case compares with real life experience. Company Culture Most individuals want to go to work every day looking forward to what they do and enthusiastic about working in the environment they are in.... [tags: Human Resource Management]
575 words (1.6 pages)
- American Eagle Outfitters is corporation. There are multiple owners that specifically own the company through purchase of stock.American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (AEO Inc.), incorporated on January 26, 1972, is a specialty retailer that operates over 1,000 retail stores and online at ae.com and aerie.com in the United States and internationally. The Company offers an assortment of apparel and accessories for men and women under the American Eagle Outfitters brand, and intimates, apparel and personal care products for women under the Aerie brand.... [tags: Costs, Variable cost, Fixed cost, Cost]
1125 words (3.2 pages)
- Urban outfitters: assignment#1- urban outfitters continuing case study part 2: creating a business 1. Identify at least three challenges when setting up a business. Explain why they are Challenges. One of the challenges to start up a new business is choosing the kind of business to start. Most of the time business begins with simple idea and challenges to reality. But before we Invest on our idea to a new business we need to consider what kind business we try to establish.... [tags: Business Management]
1297 words (3.7 pages)
- American Eagle Outfitters SWOT Analysis The Silverman family first founded American Eagle Outfitters in 1977. They operated specialty clothing stores under the name Retail Ventures. In 1980 the Silverman’s encountered financial troubles when the Schottenstein family bought out 50% of the Retail Ventures. In 1991 the Schottenstein family bought the rest of Retail Ventures and opened 153 American Eagle Outfitters. By late 2000 the company had introduced 46 new stores in Canada. American Eagle had approximately $2 million in annual sales in 2003 and now operates over 800 stores in the United States and Canada (http://www.hoovers.com/american-eagle-outfitters/--ID__17231--/free-co-factsheet.xh... [tags: American Eagle Business Essays]
1692 words (4.8 pages)