A huge level climate change in the current time attracts the people’s attention very easily. Every one of us is feeling very clearly from the short-term changes in the seasonal patterns of temperature, drought, rainfall without season, changing weather patterns, etc. to the long-term changes affecting the entire earth. Climate is a long-term weather trend affecting human lives positively or negatively. Climate change is the long term variations in the weather patterns.
Climate itself adjusts time to time however going at wrong path since many years because of regular loss of huge ice sheets. Earlier the earth atmosphere was covered with ice sheets which were able to make the earth atmosphere cool by preventing earth from heat and sending back extra heat out of the space from the earth.
Climate has changed from cooler to warmer over the last two million years in the cyclical manner. Sun is the ultimate source of heat energy which fuelling the weather systems after reaching to the earth. Earlier the harsh and extended bitter cold season was called as the little ice age which was due to the huge level variations in the solar activity. It is found that the positive human activities may play major roles in shaping earth’s climate. Such a huge variations in the climate may lead to the danger of the human lives. Earlier it was believed that shifts in the climate pattern from ice age to warmer periods was because of time however later it was imagined that it is due to regular melting of ice sheets of more than a kilometer in thickness. Our climate is getting warm rapidly by the rate of approximately 8°C over the course of 10 years.
A huge industrial revolution in the modern time has largely impacted the global cli...
... middle of paper ...
...onsumption of fossil fuel has increased dramatically. The world now burns at least five billion tons of fossil fuel each year. As this carbon dioxide from burning fossil fuels enters the atmosphere, some of it is taken up by photosynthesizing plants, and the oceans absorb some.
But because we are burning so much fossil fuel at such a rapid rate, we are putting carbon dioxide into the atmosphere much faster than these natural processes are taking it out. There is no longer a balance between the amount of carbon dioxide being added to the air and the amount of carbon dioxide being removed. As a result, the concentration of carbon dioxide in the air is steadily increasing.
In conclusion, if we make small changes now in the way we live, we can avoid huge changes in the future. Scientists, governments and individuals must work together to overcome this threat.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There are many things that can impact the economy, but many people would not think that global warming has much of an effect on it. Global warming is continuing to become a very large concern for people across the world. This topic is very controversial due to the fact that many people fail to believe that global warming even exists. In this case, it will often be looked at as climate changes instead. Global warming, or climate change is a gradual increase in average temperature of the Earth’s atmosphere and its’ oceans.... [tags: Global warming, Climate change, Atmosphere]
1484 words (4.2 pages)
- GLOBAL WARMING A huge level climate change in the current time attracts the people’s attention very easily. Every one of us is feeling very clearly from the short-term changes in the seasonal patterns of temperature, drought, rainfall without season, changing weather patterns, etc. to the long-term changes affecting the entire earth. Climate is a long-term weather trend affecting human lives positively or negatively. Climate change is the long term variations in the weather patterns. Climate itself adjusts time to time however going at wrong path since many years because of regular loss of huge ice sheets.... [tags: Global warming, Climate change, Earth]
1370 words (3.9 pages)
- “ 'Well done ' is better than 'well said ',” as Mr. Benjamin Franklin once so eloquently put it. But what if it does not matter. What if too much is being said and maybe not enough is being done. Some believe that our kind has become blind to what may or may not be happening to the planet, and that is climate change. Climate change is very often referred to as “global warming”. Climate change is labeled to changes in normal cycles of Earth 's atmosphere that may very well be at the hand of human caused activities.... [tags: Global warming, Climate change, Climate, Weather]
1066 words (3 pages)
- What are the risks of climate change and global warming. Climate change is changing our economy, health and communities in a lot of different ways. Scientists have warned us that if we do not do something soon to stop polluting our planet, the results will likely be disastrous. Climate change affects all of us. Global warming can increase the chances of illness and some cases death because of the extreme heat and heat waves. Some people still don’t believe that global warming is real, but because of a lot of studies, that scientist have conducted, we have proof that is it real and we need to do something about it.... [tags: Global warming, Climate change, Climate, Weather]
820 words (2.3 pages)
- Parties who feel that the Earth is not warming claim that the global average temperatures have not gone up since 1998. The argument follows the idea that the greenhouse effect would not make each year hotter than the previous one since there are numerous processes that impact the global average temperatures and climate, for instance, the internal variability in the climate system, changes in solar forcing, and anthropogenic increase in atmospheric greenhouse gases. There thus follow periods of relatively stable, or even cooler, temperatures.... [tags: Climate change, Global warming, Carbon dioxide]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- Climate change (global warming) is a problematic issue, and this problem is growing. To make matters worse, this problem is a manifestation of human activities. People’s actions are resulting in devastating impacts to the environment. Unfortunately, not everyone concurs to this reasoning. Even with empirical data presented, there are skeptics who attribute climate change to natural causes rather than man-made causes. In order to prevent global warming from exacerbating, it is crucial for people to understand that climate change is happening; it is changing “even more radically,” (Emanuel 6) than ever, and humanity is the cause.... [tags: Carbon dioxide, Global warming, Climate change]
1110 words (3.2 pages)
- Urgency of Anthropogenic Climate Change and Global Warming “Increases in air and water temperatures, reduced frost days, increased frequency and intensity of heavy downpours, a rise in sea level, and reduced snow cover” are in the future of the human race unless we take action immediately to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases (“Global Climate Change” 9; “Background”). Before proceeding into the full depth of human-induced global warming, context should be given as to the meaning of commonly used terms.... [tags: Greenhouse gas, Climate change, Global warming]
1601 words (4.6 pages)
- We often hear the words “global warming” and “climate change” on the news and in politics, but no one seems to explain what they really are and the major effects they are having on the world. We just know that they are “bad” and needs to be “stopped”. What really is climate change and how has it come to be such a major problem in today’s world. The main factor in climate change is global warming. According to “Global Climate Change,” global warming is an increase in global average temperature due to the atmosphere enclosing more heat.... [tags: Greenhouse gas, Climate change, Global warming]
739 words (2.1 pages)
- There is much evidence supporting the point of view that climate change and global warming is a substantial cause of human activity. According to NASA (2010), human actions like burning fossil fuels have caused 75% of the 20th century increase in the CO2 gas; at Aril 2010 CO2 levels were the highest they have been in the past 650,000 years. As far as CO2 absorbs heat, and it’s amount produced by people rises, it can be a causation of global warming. In the article "Global Change Impacts in the United States" (2009) it is stated that human produced CO2 is causing environmental change.... [tags: Global warming, Climate change, Greenhouse gas]
1692 words (4.8 pages)
- The climate change term can be explained by dividing it into two words climate and change. The climate is the condition of the weather of earth that lasts for the long time period of time. Climate change is also called as global warming which refers to the rise in average surface temperatures on the earth. Climate is getting effected by the human activities which they possess, and human are only the one who are responsible for the climate change, it is more of emissions of greenhouse gas which are released from old vehicles, industries etc.... [tags: Climate change, Global warming, Solar variation]
705 words (2 pages)