We live in the industrialized food system, saturated with a culture of over-indulgence, misleading traditions of “wholesome” food, and without the voices of the end consumer. We eat more because food is always available, nutrition empty, calories and preservatives packed mess and it is not fully satisfying to our basic needs.
Over time our modern society turned down almost all meals prepared at home in exchange for fast food and ready to use boxed and canned meals. Eating is almost completely removed from the sensation of hunger, and we have successfully created a new generation of people who managed to build a lustful relationship with sugar, salt, fat, preservatives and toxins instead. Most of our modern society is disconnected from basic natural food, real food sources, and proper nutrition. Even memories of food, which I believe much of young generation can identify with, are built less from tradition and more from addiction.
Our acidic lifestyle, rather than creating health and balance in our lives, prevents the possibility of an healthy alkaline body. Uncontrolled acid-generating food, too much soft drinks, coffee, and unhealthy juices, too much stress, not enough exercise and fresh air - these are main factors in creating bad health and an unhealthy acidic versus an healthy alkaline body.
"We simply can 't afford the health care costs incurred by the current system of cheap food—which is why, sooner or later, we will find the political will to change it." ~Michael Pollan
Reclaim your kitchen, your food intake and your health using my tips and steps below:
1. Step I - Make commitment to change. Changing your diet to more healthy, alkalizing food and beverages can make a huge difference...
... middle of paper ...
...ut you have to decide which kind and how much you need and want to use. You will be much healthier eating whole fresh foods than processed food products.
Ideally have only healthy food in your kitchen or foods that don 't come in a box, a package, or a can. Think ecologically about the implications of our everyday food choices. Keep in mind that a balanced healthy diet is essential for your health and everything in moderation is the key to moving forward.
"It 's better to pay the grocer than the doctor" ~ Proverb
No matter what your age today, it 's hard to deny that healthy nutrition and healthy body go together for all people. Eating healthy isn 't that complicated, it starts by simply learning more about nutrition, having awareness and being connected to your food. It 's never too late to get started, so live naturally, live well and live longer healthier life!
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Cooking can be great fun. But kitchen is also the number one area where home disasters take place everyday. From boiling liquids to sharp knives, from hot pots to open flames – the kitchen is full of things which can turn dangerous very easily. So, safety needs to be your foremost priority. In this guide, we describe the basic kitchen safety rules. Keep these kitchen safety tips in your mind to avoid accidents and injuries in your kitchen. Avoid health hazards Store raw poultry and other meat carefully and separated from other items to avoid cross-contamination of harmful bacteria.... [tags: health, fire, hazzards]
544 words (1.6 pages)
- ... 2. To propagate the necessity of BeSS recognition guidelines to be adopted by the food premises operators. 3. To access the benefits and risks that food premises operators have to face upon the acquisition of BeSS recognition. REVIEW OF FOOD SAFETY AND COMPARISON TO CURRENT LEGISLATION Our current food safety policy shows that there are several concerns that we need to deal with in order to improve food safety and quality. First and foremost, we need to look at the food premises that used for or in connection with the preparation, preservation, packaging, storage, conveyance, distribution or sale of any food.... [tags: food, premises, serving, criteria]
1168 words (3.3 pages)
- Most of us have a general outlook about what a career consists of. Despite that details are not always identified, the smallest niceties should be considered. In today’s economy, competition is rapidly expanding as well as a demand for individuality and talent. Having the components and knowledge can make a “make it or break it” massive difference in your career and the industry. Cooking involves your five senses and reaches further into other abilities. Culinary is an asset to the Arts careers that involve utmost creativity, technique, and history.... [tags: Culinary Arts]
1034 words (3 pages)
- Clean Water: “An under-appreciated liquid to Survive” Water is pure and a transparent liquid that is vital for all humans, plants and animals on the planet. In the United States, people have access to clean drinking water and clean sanitation systems, not like in other parts of the world where clean safe drinking water is getting scarce. A lot of people don’t have access to it, and many regions are suffering severe drought. Yet, humans take it for granted, they don’t appreciate that a reliable clean supply of water is essential to human health, economy and agricultural prosperity.... [tags: Drinking water, Water crisis, Water supply]
1240 words (3.5 pages)
- Squeaky Clean: Wash, Wipe, or Squirt. When your hands are dirty do you reach for soap, hand sanitizer, or a wipe. In this experiment I decided to put these methods of cleaning your hands to the test by rubbing my hands with bacteria and then dousing them with a hand cleaner. This report will cover what bacteria is, how soap and water kill bacteria, and the origin of hand sanitizer. What Are Bacteria. Bacteria are miniscule single-celled organisms that are found everywhere (“What is Bacteria. What are Bacteria?” 2009).... [tags: soap, hand sanitizer or wipe, killing bacteria]
835 words (2.4 pages)
- Job description Pizza Chef, specialising in preparation and assembly of gourmet foods and pizzas. Job Objective To have ordered food prepared by a required time given by the manager. Statement of Duties • Organise food preparation • Set up work space • Light wood oven • Prepare and cook pizzas • Monitor product levels and food wastage • Assist with stock as required • Answer customer queries • Contribute to the team work load • Cleaning (mopping, washing dishes, etc) • Assist in maintenance of pizza oven • Assist with promotions and marketing • Maintain punctuality, personal grooming and dress standards at the highest level as everything I do... [tags: essays research papers]
1005 words (2.9 pages)
- What is the Health & Safety at Work Act. The Health and Safety at Work Act was brought into power in 1974 and shows a range of procedures and responsibilities of employees and employers. It creates a safe environment for all within whether that be employer, employee, client or guests. Although it’s the responsibility of the employer to enforce the act, it’s also the responsibility of the employees, clients and guests to follow the procedures. What are the Health and Safety rules in UKFast. A personal rule at UKFast is the ‘Tacit Agreement’ which is something everyone has agreed to at UKFast.... [tags: Employment, Occupational safety and health]
1573 words (4.5 pages)
- This report is a detailed study which looks at different aspects that need to be kept in mind while operating a restaurant successfully. For a business in which success isn’t guaranteed, the only accomplishments attained are due to a well-trained, dedicated staff who possess the knowledge, skills and attributes enabling them to work to the best of their abilities. Through extensive research using sources like text-books and journals, the points that a restaurant manager should consider like the design and layout of the kitchen and menu, choosing a supplier and commodity identification, are highlighted.... [tags: Food, Cost]
2429 words (6.9 pages)
- The importance and value of exercises and health The importance and value of exercise for health is just as important as the food we eat and here is why. It started about five years ago that I was introduced to a whole new lifestyle. A healthy organic lifestyle. I started to date a personal chef who specialized in organic, esoteric, natural cuisine. Chef Annah prepares healthy alkaline organic meals to help people who have serious health conditions. Chef Annah’s background is in Clinical Nutrition and took cooking classes at The Natural Gourmet Institute of Food and Health in New York City.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Food, Organic food]
865 words (2.5 pages)
- The importance and value of exercises and health The importance and value of exercise for health is just as important as the food we eat and here is why. It started about five years ago that I was introduced to a whole new lifestyle. A healthy organic lifestyle. I started to date a personal chef who specialized in organic, esoteric, natural cuisine. Chef Annah prepares healthy alkaline organic meals to help people who have serious health conditions. Chef Annah’s background is in Clinical Nutrition and took cooking classes at The Natural Gourmet Institute of food and health in New York City.... [tags: Nutrition, Food, Organic food, Obesity]
734 words (2.1 pages)