“Air pollution in the United States continues to harm people’s health and the environment”(EPA).Many people are burning an immense amount of money every year and they do not even know it. People choose a gasoline powered engine over a diesel engine because they think its cheaper. However diesel owners save a vast amount of money every year. Diesel is not what it used to be, it has gradually changed over the years. Ultra low sulfur fuel is being used as alternative fuel to make a diesel engine clean. Diesel engines are the best choice because they save money and it is better for the environment.
The inventor of diesel was Rudolf Diesel; he patented his invention in 1898. “Diesel is a petroleum based fuel with a high energy content helping diesel go further per gallon than most other alternatives”(Diesel Forum). Instead of using a spark plug inside the combustion chamber to ignite the air/fuel mixture, a diesel engine compresses it. A combustion chamber is a closed space where the explosion happens inside the engine. When people think of diesel they may think of huge 18 wheeler trucks. Big 18 wheeler trucks are made to transport goods and other materials. 18 wheeler trucks have incredible torque and miles per gallons(MPG) compared to a gasoline engine.”Diesel is more than 33% more efficient than gasoline is when it comes to your fuel mileage”(Cars Direct). Diesels have a bad reputation for being too loud and too dirty compared to other vehicles. But all of that has changed throughout the years. Diesel engines can be used in farming, mining, construction and in the movement of goods. Diesel engines are used all around people everyday. Most public transportation run on diesel engines like buses, and trains....
... middle of paper ...
... All Trucks on U.S. Highways." Prnewswire.com. Steve Hansen, 2013. Web. 12 Mar. 2014.
"U.S. Diesel Rate More Than Tripling, Bosch Says." Ward's Auto World 1 June 2011. Vocations and Career Collection. Web. 12 May 2014.http://go.galegroup.com/ps/i.do?id=GALE%7CA259410875&v=2.1&u=mlin_n_great&it=r&p=PPVC&sw=w&asid=46e9...
Vasilash, Gary S. "VW's Clean Diesel (no. That's Not an Oxymoron): the 2009 Jetta TDI Is Clean Enough to Be Sold in All 50 States as It Meets the Demanding Tier 2, Bin 5 Emissions Requirements." Automotive Design & Production Nov. 2008: 46+. Vocations and Career Collection. Web. 12 May 2014.http://go.galegroup.com/ps/i.do?id=GALE%7CA200563825&v=2.1&u=mlin_n_great&it=r&p=PPVC&sw=w&asid=76e0...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- With new diesel technology in today’s world, I think people should consider trying or using new diesel cars and trucks as well as the use of clean diesel. The diesel we use today is much “cleaner” than previous types. Clean diesel is a type of diesel fuel that is often referred to as ULSD. This acronym stands for Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel. This type of fuel is a more refined fuel than previous standard types of diesel. Although it is not the same as biodiesel, many people do not actually know the difference between “biodiesel” and “clean diesel”.... [tags: Internal combustion engine, Diesel engine]
1679 words (4.8 pages)
- Introduction When someone mentions diesel, many people still have the image of a loud and obnoxious machine that is hard to start in the cold weather. This may have been true twenty to thirty years ago, but could not be further from the truth today. With all of the advancements in engine and emissions technology; diesel has become the new standard in fuel economy and power while still maintaining strict pollution standards as mandated by the EPA. As C.J. Baker explained here, “Diesel development has come a long way, but the public perception of diesel is lagging 25 years behind...but the bottom line is still the same.... [tags: Technology ]
2411 words (6.9 pages)
- Diesel Emissions The new diesel emissions controls being put into place by the EPA control non road diesel fuel, and truck and bus emissions. This includes all farm equipment and other large pieces of diesel equipment. Non road diesel fuel is not taxed and it is also dyed red. It is also refined a lot less and has serious consequences on the environment.... [tags: Fuel Pollution Diesel]
1397 words (4 pages)
- “The Group’s goal is to offer attractive, safe and environmentally sound vehicles which can compete in an increasingly tough market and set world standards in their respective class.” (Volkswagen’s, mission statement) Volkswagen Group is a German corporation, it manufactures: passenger cars, commercial vehicles, motorcycles and engines. Volkswagen extended its lead over Toyota in May 2016, and it has every chance to finish the year as the world’s largest automaker. (Forbes) The company owns Audi, Volkswagen, Bentley, Porsche, Lamborghini and Bugatti.... [tags: Volkswagen Group, Volkswagen, Diesel engine]
898 words (2.6 pages)
- The purpose of this paper is to illustrate three technology opportunities associated with the transportation and logistics industry. With today’s constantly evolving business environment, consumers are placing demand on businesses of all industries, and they want products and services faster, with more added value, and delivered immediately. Nevertheless, customers are smarter by requiring more quality, innovation, and choice, and at the same time wanting to spend less money and effort. Consequently, every transportation business has to remain highly competitive in researching and developing innovative cost-cutting techniques in order to save money.... [tags: Technology]
1205 words (3.4 pages)
- ... Finally, this essay will conduct a comparison with other renewable resources in the world, including solar power, other biofuels, and hydrogen fuel. The most noticeable advantage of corn fuel as an enhancement of fossil fuels is also the biggest advantage of ethanol energy a renewable fuel. Gasoline as a fuel is extracted from petroleum, and what makes petroleum an unreliable source of energy is that petroleum is nonrenewable, meaning it would run out some day in the future. Contrary, corn ethanol is a renewable source of energy, meaning if corns are replanted and remade into fuel, corn ethanol can be a long-term, sustainable energy source (gracelinks.org).... [tags: global warming, pollution, environment]
1610 words (4.6 pages)
- This article is based on how to create clean energy jobs, achieve energy independence, reduce reliance on oil-oriented industries and channel to a clean energy economy. Partly due to the rule of externalities, most of the economics, no matter they are fledging ones or developed ones, are less attentive to the aspects of environmental justice. The multinationals and state-owned enterprises break up the balance on the different interest groups and cause the increasing cost of environmental regulation.... [tags: environment, economy, emission]
584 words (1.7 pages)
- Clean Energy Production: No Easy Answers Modern life requires vast amounts of electricity to maintain. Electricity is used industrially, commercially, as well as residentially and consumption of it has tripled in the United States within the past 50 years (U.S. Department of Energy, 2009). Major power outages cause disasters wherever they occur, not only inconveniencing daily life, but crippling emergency response systems, hospitals, and security systems. In extreme climates, electricity is a necessary component of survival as it is used for heating and air conditioning.... [tags: pollution, renewable energy]
1766 words (5 pages)
- Bio-diesel Oil Vincent Lamaunt, our hypothetical character, is a five star general in the armed forces and has given his life to serve and protect in Iraq. Recently, bravery and courage on the battlefield, has given him the privilege to return home; he’s been told to report at headquarters at 0700 hours the next day. Transported in a truck by a fellow officer, he learns he is officially relieved of his duties in Iraq after his one last mission to bring, from Baghdad, a convoy of four hummers, two trucks, and two support helicopters into Kuwait.... [tags: Renewable Energy Environment Fuel Driving]
1327 words (3.8 pages)
- Diesel Is the Better Choice for a Greener Earth and Poor man’s Wallet than Petrol On the planet Earth, there are over 5,000,000 cars running on the streets everyday, taking people from destination to destination. Of these cars, there are ones that run on petroleum, diesel, ethanol, electricity, and steam. In North America, there is a majority of petroleum or gasoline fueled cars, while Europe has a mixture of both petroleum cars and diesel cars; petroleum and diesel cars each have their advantages and disadvantages.... [tags: Environment, Fuels]
1479 words (4.2 pages)
- The Mother by Gwendolyn Brooks and The Man He Killed by Thomas Hardy
- The Transition from Civilian to Front Line Combat Soldier: A Thematic Analysis
- Human Resource Management and Migrant Labour
- Premature Birth: The Life of a Premature Baby
- Corporations: Individual Profit Wthout Individual Responsibility
- How does Ignorance and Pride Play a Part in Man’s Destruction?