"It 's been a long time since I 've seen you.” He smiled. “Are you feeling alright?"
"Yeah, thanks to Leslie."
"Well, I 'm glad to hear that.”
We heard a knock at the door to find Claudius with a bouquet of roses.
"For my lovely Maricel." He handed them to me. I leapt into his arms.
“They’re almost as beautiful as you” He commented.
"Isn 't that cute." Leslie chuckled to her boyfriend.
"I guess." He commented sarcastically. "We better get going." He said with the jingle of his keys and everyone treaded behind him out the door. Claudius and I sat in the back together while Leslie and Erich in the front. I noticed Claudius eyes kept shifting.
"You look uncomfortable?" I said to Claudius.
"I 've never ridden in the backseat of anyone’s car before."
"There’s a first for everything" I rested my hand on top of his.
We arrived right on time and pomaded to the front of the line. The doormen found all of our names on the guest list except Claudius’s.
"Sorry pal, you can 't get through." The doorman used his arm as a barrier. I caught the hint of a smile that formed on Erich 's lips infuriating me. “You didn 't reserve a spot for him?" I snapped.
"They must have made a mistake. Well, I can 't fix it. Come on Leslie." He hurried inside with her.
"What are we going to do?" I asked, turning to Claudius troubled.
"Next!" The man shouted. "If you are going to go in, then go, but your boyfriend here isn 't getting inside."
"Watch." He grabbed the man 's shoulder.
"I told you aren’t getting in."
"Do you know who I am?" He asked.
"No, and I don 't care! Now...
... middle of paper ...
...l, no one gets us because what are we?” He peered down at me, his eyes filled with concern.
“Something that never should have been” I whispered softly as he swept me into his arms.
“You know, it was never my intent to drag you away from your career” I started to cry, and I tried to hide my face from him by burying it in my hands as the tears stung my cheeks.
“It all seems so unfair. I spend my entire life chasing this dream I work so hard to obtain, and now I have to kiss it all goodbye.” He removed my hands from my face, revealing my swollen countenance.
“Life is not fair, but trust me, I will atone for what you are leaving behind.”
“Without you, my life is just a short trip through the bright lights. I don’t have any real friends. But where would we even go?" I whimpered.
"I have a place, but that is only if you are willing to come."
"Give me time." I muttered.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I'm Pregnant- Original Writing- "Incomplete Esssay" Background Information:- Young girl of sixteen called Cathy has found out that she is pregnant; she has decided to break the news to her long term boyfriend named Conner who is seventeen. Cathy is very nervous about the situation as she does not know how Conner is going to react. Cathy has known she is pregnant for a week but it has taken her this long to build up the courage to say something. To make matters worse her parents come from a strongly religious Catholic background which means if she tells her parents she could face having no moral support as sex before marriage is not approved and abortions are... [tags: Original Writing Personal Narrative]
454 words (1.3 pages)
- German author Erich Maria Remarque, known for his novel ' 'All Quiet on the Western Front ' ', was a famous author who wrote several novels, short stories, and screenplays. At the end of this lesson, you will have some background information about Remarque who not only wrote great literature, but also fought in World War I with Adolf Hitler. !!!Biography Erich Maria Remarque was born on June 22, 1898 in Osnabruck, Germany and died on September 25, 1970 at the age of 72. In his middle teen years, Remarque began writing essays, poems, and a novel that wouldn 't be published until 1920.... [tags: World War II, Adolf Hitler, Erich Maria Remarque]
778 words (2.2 pages)
- Robert Graves’ I, Claudius - Capturing a Strange Moment in History Tiberius' reign over the Roman Empire stretched the longest of any emperor during Claudius' lifetime. This may be a good reason why Robert Graves, in his historical novel published in 1934, “I, Claudius” devoted more than a third of it to the reign of Tiberius. “I, Claudius”, told through the eyes of the "half-wit" Claudius, records the history of the first Imperial family at Rome, including the reigns of Augustus, Tiberius, Caligula, and even Claudius himself.... [tags: Claudius]
1297 words (3.7 pages)
- When I was a younger, I always loved books that were very vivid. The best stories were the most detailed ones. It felt as if I was being cast on an enchanting vacation in my imagination. Often I would find myself daydreaming about any book I had recently read. In these dreams, I would put myself in the story or add a whole new character. It wasn’t just the pictures that would captivate me. The selectively placed words constantly kept me wondering and wanting more. Reading these types of books inspired me to write the same way.... [tags: Writing, Paper, Creative writing, Writing process]
1246 words (3.6 pages)
- FROMM'S ORIENTATIONS TEST How well does each word apply to you. 5 (very well), 4, 3, 2, 1 (not at all). You will need to sum down for the first four orientations and sum across some of the rows, then sum down and divide by two for the last orientation. The chart should make it clear. Tender____Captivating_____ Orderly_____Witty_____Sum_____Gullible_____Arrogant_____Stubborn_____Indifferent_____ Sum_____Optimistic_____Gracious_____Reserved_____Curious_____ Sum_____Cowardly_____ Conceited_____ Suspicious_____ Unprincipled_____ Sum_____Idea... [tags: Erich Fromm Essays]
3419 words (9.8 pages)
- Original Writing My writing as a poet has been heavily influenced by writers like Langston Hughes, Nikki Giovanni, Alice Walker and Slam poets such as Black Thought and the Last Poets. These writers write and speak about the struggles and uniqueness of Black culture. Their individual experiences and political stances as well as the influences of other artist are evident in their work. For example in Giovanni’s poem “Revolutionary Music” she quotes some of the lyrics from Sam Cooke and James Brown to illustrate her personal views on racism and the equal rights movements.... [tags: Plagiarism Influence Authors Argumentative Essays]
1369 words (3.9 pages)
- Original Writing I can't have been more than about 3 at the time. This is the main reason I can't remember much about this particular time. From the snippets I do remember, I shall try to explain to you, my last few days before I had to leave Turkey to come to London. I didn't actually know that this day was going to be different from any other; but when you're 3 you don't actually have much control over what your day will be like so this was pretty much a given. My first memory of the day consists of the daily routines after you get up: washing your face, brushing your teeth.... [tags: Papers]
606 words (1.7 pages)
- Original Writing "A distant howl broke the silence" "Come on, time to go!" I heard Mum shouting. I quickly jumped off my bed and grabbed my green rucksack. On the way out of the bedroom I whipped my baseball off the peg and sat it on my head. Down the stairs I ran and stroked the cat on my way out. It was time to go. I spent the last week packing and unpacking my bag. I was so excited that I couldn't think about anything else. This was finally the day I had been looking forward to for the last two months.... [tags: Papers]
657 words (1.9 pages)
- Original Writing Krrrriiiinnggg!!!. Ah, the sound of that bell never sounded so blissful on that day. It was time for our so-called sem-break while actually having trimesters. Everyone was so eager to get out of the classroom and go to their pre-planned gimmicks. Some were going to malls, some to their usual hang-out place, and others were itching to play basketball. I thought this break would be a lot of fun and that it would be a very good opportunity for me to catch up on the sleep I have been missing.... [tags: Papers]
451 words (1.3 pages)
- Original Writing The Rink, a place of glory, and defeat, a place of love, and hate. As you walked down the tiled corridor, your foot steps echo back and forth, your breath joins the echoing so the foot steps are not lonely. You are walking across at fast pace but as you go past there is pictures nailed up on the wall showing faces of delight. Looking at these pictures you hear shouting and cheering, it was the caught moment of past glory; it was a picture of you. There in fount of you there is a brass shiny door knob, you place your worn hand on it and as you do there is a white flash.... [tags: Free Essays]
407 words (1.2 pages)