RFP Requirements: Description of the drainage system including identification of contributing drainage areas, major crossings, mitigation of discharges and detention requirements.
The proposed drainage system used to convey stormwater runoff from the project will consist primarily of a mix open ditches, culverts, and storm sewerage for longitudinal drainage, and culverts and bridges to accommodate cross drainage, and oversized longitudinal ditches to provide stormwater detention storage as well as water quality treatment to mitigate adverse effects on receiving streams and watersheds.
The design of the proposed system will be full compliance with Technical Provisions of the RFP. The proposed drainage system will efficiently and thoroughly drain stormwater runoff away from the proposed roadway facilities, maintaining a safe and efficient transportation system. The proposed drainage design will account for and handle all sources of stormwater runoff that may reach the project limits, whether originating within or outside the project Right of Way. In addition, the proposed system design identifies and accommodates all existing off-site drainage that contributes to the proposed highway drainage system or that may be affected by the proposed roadway system.
Data sources for the proposed design will include all applicable municipal drainage plans; watershed management plans; FEMA Flood Insurance Studies, Flood Insurance Rate Maps, models, and other available data; available as-built plans; topographic and LiDAR survey data; and other available source, including all such sources as required by the Technical Provision of the RFP.
The proposed drainage system is divided into three broad categories, as follows: Longi...
... middle of paper ...
...nnels and typically proposes box culverts or bridge crossings. When connecting to existing closed storm sewer systems, the design team will coordinate with municipalities such as City of Dayton and City of New Caney to utilize the municipality’s standards. Also for unincorporated areas, the design team will coordinate with Harris, Montgomery, and Liberty Counties. Continuity of the proposed drainage design with adjacent segments will be ensured. Segment H proposed drainage systems will be designed to accommodate runoff entering the project limits from Segment G, for example.
RFP Requirements: Description and plan drawing(s) defining the approximate limits of temporary construction and drainage easements necessary for completion of the Project drainage work.
Temporary easements will not be required for the construction of the proposed drainage system.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... The requirements for acquiring these factors are the following: (1) That data-acquisition cost is as cheap as possible; (2) that data analysis can be done in a short time; and (3) that data acquisition doesn't influence the speed of other traveling vehicles, in particular on roads with heavy traffic . Pavement surface distress measurement is an essential part of a pavement management system (PMS) for determining cost-effective maintenance and rehabilitation strategies. Visual surveys conducted by engineers in the field are still the most widely used means to inspect and evaluate pavements, although such evaluations involve high degrees of subjectivity, hazardous exposure, and low prod... [tags: riding quality, skid, construction]
1587 words (4.5 pages)
- Lymphatic System Overview A well-functioning lymphatic system is essential to maintaining good health. The lymphatic system consists of a network of lymph vessels, lymph nodes, lymph ducts, and organs that can be likened to a drainage system in the body. Lymph Drainage Function The lymphatic system’s main task is transporting lymph consisting of…. Lymph helps cleanse the body of waste, toxins, and other foreign particles, such as infectious microorganisms. Lymph is formed from interstitial fluid in bodily tissues.... [tags: lymph, circulatory system, drainage system]
990 words (2.8 pages)
- One of the issues that are associated with the increasing of the world population is the need of housing development projects. Housing projects, along with other types of developments, increase the amount of impervious surfaces, such as paved roads, rooftops and sidewalks. The increased amount of impervious surface increases the probability of flood problem to occur. This is because of the nature of the impervious surface that does not allow the water, from either the precipitation or the snow melting, to infiltrate the ground, thus producing runoff.... [tags: Waste Management ]
1321 words (3.8 pages)
- ... For example, if we are classifying a company that is in the Dairy business, they would be given a code that the first two digits indicate that they are specifically in the business of Dairy. Then the third digit would specify that they are either in the Cheese or the Yogurt business. This system was established in order to decrease the chances of making a mistake when classifying what type of product an industry is dedicated to. (The North American Industry Classification System in the Current Employment Statistics Program, 2014) SIC codes are used by agencies such as the Census Bureau, Bureau of Labor Statistics, the IRS and Social Security.... [tags: classification, businesses, coding]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- Classification has a system within it that organises knowledge. There is a system of symbols known as notation and this represents the classes in a classification system. The notation is expressed in Arabic numerals in the case of the Dewey Decimal System. It does not matter what words are used to describe subjects the notation will give a unique meaning of the class and say its association to other classes. The notation has the ability to identify the class within which the subject belongs and related classes.... [tags: Dewey Decimal System]
518 words (1.5 pages)
- Asset Identification & Classification Policy Policy Definition It is the goal of this organization to implement the policies necessary to achieve the appropriate level of protection for each corporate asset. Standard Protecting each asset requires collaboration from every employee. Different assets have a different probability of failure do to vulnerabilities, threats and require annual information security training for each employee. Procedure A true security program includes an Asset Identification & Classification Policies, therefore, identifying and categorizing, tracking and managing assets require one to create and implement an inventory control list according to the recommendation... [tags: classification, procedurem guideline]
2977 words (8.5 pages)
- The following paper outlines the use of the Linnaeus system of classification as applied in the field of biology and evolution. The aim of the paper is to highlight how living things are related to other in the ecosystem (Pierce, 2007). It takes us through the evolutionary system highlighting all the important features of life development amongst all the living things. Biological classification Classification is the process of categorizing all the living creatures into group hierarchies citing their characteristic features.... [tags: Scientific Research ]
957 words (2.7 pages)
- Classifications of Beer What's more refreshing on a hot summer day than an ice cold beer. How about drinking a cold one with some friends at a local bar after a hard day's work, sounds satisfying doesn't it. Beer has been around for hundreds years and will be around for hundreds more. A beer is any variety of alcoholic beverages produced by the fermentation of starchy material derived from grains or other plant sources.... [tags: Classification Essay]
1332 words (3.8 pages)
- Classification of Beer What's more refreshing on a hot summer day than a nice cold beer. Or how about drinking a nice cold one with some buddies after work at a local bar, sound nice doesn?t it. Beer has been around for many years and will probably be around for many more. A beer is any variety of alcoholic beverages produced by the fermentation of starchy material derived from grains or other plant sources. The production of beer and some other alcoholic beverages is often called brewing. Most every culture has there own tradition and the own take on beer, thus producing many different styles and variations.... [tags: Classification Essays Beer Alcohol Essays]
1307 words (3.7 pages)
- Drainage Introduction The main objective of agricultural land drainage is to remove excess water in order to improve the profitability of farming the land. There area periods on most land when excess water occurs. However, these need not be too harmful provided the quantities are small, the periods of occurrence are of short duration or the excess occurs during a non critical season. Most land also has some natural drainage which assists in the removal of a certain amount of the excess water.... [tags: Papers]
780 words (2.2 pages)