While shopping for water coolers for the workplace, I was surprised to learn that a typical unit uses a lot more energy than a full size refrigerator. That is why I specified that the cooler model must have an Energy Star label so it would use much less energy. The Environmental Protection Agency requires that a product meet strict guidelines to achieve an Energy Star label, and the consumer can be assured the unit will offer substantial savings on energy bills while delivering top performance. In fact, the EPA qualified coolers produce 40 to 50 percent savings over traditional units.
The Top Loading Cooler
The B & D top loading water coolers seemed like the best buy for my small cramped office. The height is 36 inches and the width is 16 inches, so it was easy to find a space for it. It has a 5 gallon capacity and can cool water down to 38 degrees Fahrenheit. Hot water is also available up to 198 degrees. It comes with standard push button controls, and it has a removable drip tray to help in cleaning. The 5 year manufacturer warranty is very generous. I have suddenly become very popular among thirsty people. My coworkers stop by all the time to fill their water glasses and bottles.
The Bottleless Cooler
Everybody in our busy office was thrilled with the bottleless water coolers my boss had set up. It connects to the public water supply so we never run out and never have to replace bottles. The water passes through five filters w...
... middle of paper ...
... makes cleaning easy. It works with three and five gallon water bottles. The water always tastes much better than the public supply in our area. My husband even thought I bought a new brand of coffee because it tasted so good. I am very happy with it.
The Point-Of-Use Coolers
We needed a few Point-Of-Use (POU) water coolers to place around the office building. A cooler that was plumbed directly into the cold water line was specified to eliminate storing and changing large bottles. The high quality filtered water had to be available 24 hours a day, and it had to have both hot and cold dispensers. The Sharpe cooler with 4 stage filtration advertised that it could supply a busy office of over 40 people with continuous hot and cold water. The stainless steel vessel was very attractive and fit in nicely with the office decor. The 3 year warranty was not bad either.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There are several types of water garden designs. Water gardens are also called as garden ponds, backyard ponds or aquatic gardens which are the combination of water features with aquatic plants and sometimes ornamental fishes. Water gardens have been designed and constructed since the times of Chinese and Persian gardens. There are various types of water gardens you can try out as your water garden layout. Some of them are as follows: • Container water garden: This garden is very much suitable for the people who have very limited space in their yard.... [tags: Classification Essays]
518 words (1.5 pages)
- “I drink to make other people more interesting.” ― Ernest Hemingway In the great world of tending bar there is a myriad selection of customers one would encounter; The Social Drinker, The Self Defined Outcast, The Fish Out of Water, and last but never the least, The Freshman. Each level of drinker has its advantages in social circles and also has equal negative repercussions. Most of these classes aren't built from years of drinking, rather are formed through the personality traits they already have developed through their childhood and young adulthood.... [tags: Classification Essay]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- Classifications of Beer What's more refreshing on a hot summer day than an ice cold beer. How about drinking a cold one with some friends at a local bar after a hard day's work, sounds satisfying doesn't it. Beer has been around for hundreds years and will be around for hundreds more. A beer is any variety of alcoholic beverages produced by the fermentation of starchy material derived from grains or other plant sources.... [tags: Classification Essay]
1332 words (3.8 pages)
- As the owner of three unique pups, I know that dogs’ variances are numerous. Any one who owns a dog knows that it has a mind of its own, and therefore a unique personality. Having had many dogs throughout my life, I have found that dogs fit into three classifications. Annie dogs As princesses of the canine universe, Annie type dogs have a loving yet manipulative personality. An Annie dog assumes the role of queen bee. As leader of the pack, she keeps everybody in line. She dominates all of the other dogs, often by physical herding or malicious growl.... [tags: Classification Essay]
912 words (2.6 pages)
- “Kids eat free on Sunday right?!” “Can I substitute this juice for a Bloody Mary?” “Can I taste that first?” “Oh!. I’m sorry we haven’t even looked at the menu yet. We’ll just be a bit . . . (45 minutes later) . . . ok, were ready.” “Yeah, were ready. Let me have . . . uh . . . oh where was it. Here. Wait no. Where did it go. I can’t find it. You know it has the thing with the thing on it . . .” “Can we get some more of your FREE bread!” These quotes, among a plethora of others, are common occurrences with the serving field.... [tags: Classification Essay]
919 words (2.6 pages)
- Classification of Beer What's more refreshing on a hot summer day than a nice cold beer. Or how about drinking a nice cold one with some buddies after work at a local bar, sound nice doesn?t it. Beer has been around for many years and will probably be around for many more. A beer is any variety of alcoholic beverages produced by the fermentation of starchy material derived from grains or other plant sources. The production of beer and some other alcoholic beverages is often called brewing. Most every culture has there own tradition and the own take on beer, thus producing many different styles and variations.... [tags: Classification Essays Beer Alcohol Essays]
1307 words (3.7 pages)
- Classification of Exercise Partners Every woman's magazine I've ever read gives its readers advice on exercising, and one of the most common tips I've seen is to find a partner to exercise with. In my experience, however, having an exercise partner is not a good idea. I have encountered five types of exercise partners, and I have concluded that it is definitely best to exercise alone. The Drill Sergeant My ex-boyfriend represents the Drill Sergeant. He is one of those people whose motto is "No pain, no gain." Of course, he assumes that everyone else follows this decree as well.... [tags: Classification Essays]
948 words (2.7 pages)
- Classification of Movie Goers Many people go to the movies. The movies are an escape into a fantasy world. Everyone has a different preference on what kind of movie is the best. Romance, horror, action, and comedy are different types of movies. The kind of movie someone goes to see can give clues to what kind of person they are. People who prefer horror films obviously like to be grossed out or like to be frightened. The horror fans probably tend to enjoy suspense and anxiety. One might suspect these people love to go on frightening roller coaster rides or do other things that would cause suspense and anxiousness.... [tags: Classification Essay ]
523 words (1.5 pages)
- Classification of Restaurant Customers “I’ve been here for ten minutes and my server hasn’t taken my order yet!” This is a direct quote from me before I worked at a restaurant. I never looked to see how many tables my server actually had or how much running I made them do. The sad truth is most people do not notice these details either, which may affect the tip their server will receive. By looking at the attitude and maintenance of restaurant customers, you can classify them into three categories according to their tipping patterns: the “hmm…how good were they.... [tags: Classification Essay]
578 words (1.7 pages)
- Classification of Psychic Experiences Generally speaking, psychic experiences which deal with receiving information from an outside source, either living or passed on can be classified into the following categories: psychometry, telepathy, clairvoyance, clairaudience, automatic writing and channeling. Two more psychic techniques, assumption and projection, deal with transferring the personality to a remote location. Psychometry is the art of receiving information about someone by touching an object commonly carried by that person such as a key chain or jewelry.... [tags: Classification Essays]
1105 words (3.2 pages)