People want to lose weight quickly and effortlessly, therefore, any fad diet promising overnight results attract the "bandwagoneer." People try the grapefruit diet or the watermelon diet, but they decide their stomach cannot possibly deal with all of that fruit. The next day the television advertises a new wonder pill that allows the user to lose up to ten pounds in one week, and the "bandwagoneer" answers the "call." Although the magic pill does not produce the desired weight loss, the dieter never gives up optimism for a new "wagon" to hitch onto. Once again, this dieter, lured by advertisements of instant spot reduction—liposuction befalls the hitch. The dieter crosses over the safety line into a danger zone of unknown procedures, performed by unqualified physicians or shady “therapists.”. Some dieters lose their lives in the hunt for a beautiful body. The stomach staple, another dieting tool that dieters try, yields a large weight loss, but the dieter endangers his or her health due to excess loss of body fluids. Still, the "bandwagoneer," always listens for the newest cure on the dieting market.
A family wedding or a special dance, a logical reason for a person to decide to take off a few, unwanted pounds, however, decisions made in haste remain hard to keep, and the "promise maker” soon fails in his or her attempt. Their the dieter with only fifteen pounds to lose, and, as each year flies by, the...
... middle of paper ...
... has lost all sense of the value of food for her body, and she cannot see what she has become--a "sad scarecrow." A scarecrow gains nourishment from her straw stuffing, and the "sad scarecrow" needs food to hold her body together. But this dieter cannot see the "straw" she leaves on the ground when she turns her head away from food, being beyond all reasoning. Innocently enough, the "deceiver" and "sad scarecrow" start their diets with superior intentions, however, along the way some mechanism that exist, remain triggered, and the "lethal losers” awaken, their lives never the same as before.
All dieters share a common goal, losing weight, but they approach the goal from many different sides. The importance of the dieting game remains not the goal, but how one decides to obtain the weight lose. The dieter can choose life or death in his or her quest for a thin body.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Beefy, big, blimp, butterball, and chunky all these names are what people are called in today's society, I believe this is what prompts people to go on a diet. Every day, thousands of people try to lose weight, but not for all the right reasons, the majority of people want to lose weight with little or no effort involved; some watch infomercials’, see magazine advertisements, music videos featuring fit and trim women and men. There are several types of dieters; I am discussing three types of dieters.... [tags: diet, weight, ]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- “I drink to make other people more interesting.” ― Ernest Hemingway In the great world of tending bar there is a myriad selection of customers one would encounter; The Social Drinker, The Self Defined Outcast, The Fish Out of Water, and last but never the least, The Freshman. Each level of drinker has its advantages in social circles and also has equal negative repercussions. Most of these classes aren't built from years of drinking, rather are formed through the personality traits they already have developed through their childhood and young adulthood.... [tags: Classification Essay]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- Plagiarism - Three Types of Cheaters "Fools make researches and wise men exploit them." Merriam-Webster's dictionary defines the word plagiarize as to pass off as one's own the ideas or words of another. Every student knows that plagiarism is dishonest and wrong. Why do so many students do it. Students themselves may not believe that they are plagiarizing. Many students plagiarize because of the diverse types of plagiarism which are often unknown to students. The three major types of plagiarism are shameless, haphazard and self-plagiarism.... [tags: Classification Essays Cheating ]
1464 words (4.2 pages)
- The Three Types of Annoying Shoppers Tires squeal across the hot asphalt; exhaust fumes fill the air. Innocent shoppers leap to safety as cars circle the neighborhood grocery store lot in search of the ideal parking spot. Engines revving. Adrenaline rushing. The driver's sole mission is to obtain a white lined rectangle of pavement before entering the race known as shopping. As a safety precaution, competent and considerate shoppers should be aware of the distinct character traits of the three annoying types of shoppers: Hurry Harry, Suburban Sally, and Picky Pete.... [tags: Classification Essays]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- The Annoying Public Different types of people are all around, some can be found as irksome to others. Three types of annoying people exist in the world. The three types of annoying people are people who are new employees at stores, people who walk vicious dogs, and people who do ignore public signs. New people who come to work are very irritating. The first reason that new employees who work at stores are annoying is because they are not aware of their surrounding of the store. For instance, the employees do not know around the stores so they cannot help us.... [tags: classification essay]
590 words (1.7 pages)
- In sports, there are three distinct types of players. Firstly, there are those who really don't care about winning the game or about winning in general. Secondly, there are those casual players that would like to win, but they don't treat the game too seriously. Thirdly, there are those who play only to win and will settle for nothing less. Examine yourselves and see where you fit in. (The following sounds like you are trying on a pair of pants)See if you can fit into one of these categories. The first category of players contains those who couldn't care less, whether they win or lose.... [tags: Classification Essay]
858 words (2.5 pages)
- There are many types of people in the world and many types of friends. Knowing that, it becomes all the more important to select the right people so that one might have the correct friends, but which types of friends are required. There are ten different types of friends that everybody should have, each fitting into one of three categories: the occasional friends, the benefactors and the greats. The first category, the occasional friends, encompasses three friend types. The first one is the grenade.... [tags: Classification Essay, Friendship]
499 words (1.4 pages)
- Types of Gas Pumpers There are many types of people who purchase gasoline, but three types are easy to spot. All three have an obvious physical appearance which sets them apart from other gas purchasers. Each also has a distinctive pumping technique and freely vocalizes his opinion. Finally, each type has a particular way of annoying every other patron at the same location. The first type of gas purchaser is Leisure Lou. He can be identified immediately by his appearance. He drives a station wagon with wooden side panels and a bumper sticker that tells the world that he is retired.... [tags: Classification Essays]
979 words (2.8 pages)
- Classification Essay –The Types of Kids that Make Up My Generation One of the things that has troubled me as of late is my generation. The generation that is referred to is the group of people currently aged 15-21 - whether or not this is a "generation," so to speak, is irrelevant. These people, for the most part, disturb me. It frightens me to know that the people that I've grown up with are going to be leading the country and the world in the decades to come. The overwhelming majority of the kids that I've come in contact with over the past few years are apathetic monsters.... [tags: Classification Essays Teen Teenager]
1157 words (3.3 pages)
- Classifications of Beer What's more refreshing on a hot summer day than an ice cold beer. How about drinking a cold one with some friends at a local bar after a hard day's work, sounds satisfying doesn't it. Beer has been around for hundreds years and will be around for hundreds more. A beer is any variety of alcoholic beverages produced by the fermentation of starchy material derived from grains or other plant sources.... [tags: Classification Essay]
1332 words (3.8 pages)