The candidates avoided many questions asked by the audience during the debate (although, it seems as though Mr.Trump avoided quite a few more), mostly during the beginning and middle of the debate. The only question that was asked to Mrs. Clinton by the audience that I found she avoided was “is it ok for politicians to be two faced? Is it acceptable for a politician to have a private stance on issues?” She answered this question by bringing up Abraham Lincoln trying to get the 13th Amendment passed, by bringing up Kremlin (Putin and the Russian Government), saying that this is the first time a foreign power is trying to influence the election, and finally, shockingly enough, she brought up Trump’s tax returns. I believe she avoided the question because she realized how bad it would look for her to admit that she may be two faced. Yes, I do believe she should have answered the question, because what she says/ thinks in her public life can be completely different to what she thinks/says behind closed doors.
Moving on to Mr. Trump, he avoided six questions, but, for the sake of not turning this into a book, I will talk about three of them. To start from the...
... middle of paper ...
...ither. Also, it is not something that many people really care about, even though it is extremely important to our everyday lives.
One question I wish had been asked would be something along the line of “How can you reform police and create a better relationship between police and the citizens they are sworn to protect?” This is important to me because I am a Criminology major, and I hate being bashed for being in a field that “kills black people”, and it is important to my generation and the country at large, because we need to not be a divided nation once again. Another question I wish had been asked would be how they plan on helping veterans, as that is something that is not brought up at all. This is important to me because I have many family members who have served/ are serving, and two of them now have PTSD but do not receive the most adequate of help for it.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- On October 19th, 2016 the last presidential debate took place between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. On the same day, there was a viewing party hosted by a local healthcare clinic for its employees and their guests. The viewing party was open to all employees of this healthcare clinic ranging from janitors, accountants, and physicians. The party was held at a local event space with the ability to host approximately 100 people. The event was easily at capacity on the evening of the party. The audience was primarily made up of females between the ages of 30-50.... [tags: Bill Clinton, Hillary Rodham Clinton]
1309 words (3.7 pages)
- Why Donald Trump Will Win the 2016 Election The 2016 election cycle has been one for the history books. For the Democrats, we have Hillary Clinton, the first female Democratic nominee and proclaimed liar and murderer. The right has indicted her in the death of those involved in Benghazi, and they have continued to slam her for her private email server and deletion of thirty thousand emails. On the right, we have business mogul Donald Trump. He is a self-proclaimed womanizer, and he is ready to build a wall, and make Mexico pay for it.... [tags: Donald Trump, Ivana Trump, Fred Trump]
935 words (2.7 pages)
- Research Paper "Everything is uglier up close." (D 'Antonio "Donald Trump Politics and Media") Donald Trump is the front runner of the 2016 race for the Republican Nomination. Placing no consideration on the views of the ring wing conservatives, but rather just making a decision based off of how Donald Trump conducts himself, both in the present and past, Donald would not make America great again. Situations and people look well off from a distance, yet often times the person who speaks the loudest is desperate to be heard and someone who says they tell the truth are the most likely to lie.... [tags: Democracy, United States, Voting, Donald Trump]
2682 words (7.7 pages)
- Donald Trump has been nearly immune to criticism. The only time Trump ever suffered significantly in the polls was when Hillary ultimately secured the requisite number of delegates to push Bernie Sanders out, to become the presumptive Democratic nominee. With former Sanders supporters beginning to coalesce around Hillary, she managed to get a bump in the polls following a stinging speech attacking Trump. To make matters worse, Trump flapped his mouth, attacking the judge presiding over the Trump University case.... [tags: Donald Trump, Ivana Trump, Fred Trump]
1696 words (4.8 pages)
- Donald J. Trump, businessman and media mogul, has swept America off her feet and has taken her by storm. Since the announcement of his 2016 presidential campaign on June 16, 2015, nothing has stopped his rise to the top of the polls. He began his campaign with controversial statements, some so controversial they left many people wondering when he would finally say the wrong thing. His campaign also began with ridicule from many media outlets, establishment politicians, and celebrities. Later that year on December 8, satirical news organization The Onion published an article entitled ‘This Will Be The End Of Trump’s Campaign,’ Says Increasingly Nervous Man For Seventh Time This Year, hilariou... [tags: Donald Trump, Ivana Trump, The Apprentice]
1269 words (3.6 pages)
- In the midst of one of the most controversial presidential elections in history, both political parties are struggling to prove that their candidate is the best choice. Clinton and Trump’s disapproval ratings are very low, but one has to ask, is there really a lesser evil to choose from. While Clinton has had her own fair share of past discrepancies, Trump’s track record proves much more troublesome. Donald Trump has proven to be an untrustworthy presidential candidate because of his misogynistic actions, his racial bias, and his corrupt business history.... [tags: Donald Trump, Ivana Trump, Trump University]
1303 words (3.7 pages)
- Page 1 Donald Trump is a man of great wealth, as well as power and influence. There is no question that Trump worked hard to get where he is today. He is most defiantly a man of business. Even at the beginning of his life he was destined to show brilliance due to his father’s work. These events of course, would eventually lead to his extraordinary empire and his chance to run as President of the United States.... [tags: Donald Trump, Ivana Trump, Donald Trump, Jr.]
1187 words (3.4 pages)
- 2016 Presidential candidates Donald Trump and Hilary Clinton have exuberantly managed to provide us with perhaps the most unorthodox mockery of a presidential election ever seen in modern day history. Why. Because this was an election based virtually on circumstance. And the winner is…Donald Trump. The Curious Case of Donald J. Trump Could the unfit be a good fit. Well let’s lay out the options. I will give you both scenarios. Now it is no secret that Hilary Clinton won the popular vote by a longshot.... [tags: Donald Trump, Ivana Trump, Fred Trump]
808 words (2.3 pages)
- Donald the Demagogue: Donald J. Trump, is known to many as the orange man who wags his finger down a long table of celebrities firing them left and right every Sunday night on NBC. To others he is known as the billionaire tycoon, who graces our headlines for remarkably insensitive or oddball remarks. All (not even possibly Mr. Trump himself), at least until now, viewed him as a possible candidate for the next President of the United States. But as polls indicate, and citizens across the country (both moderate and conservative) vote in favor of Trump, he may very well be sitting in the oval office come January 20th, 2017.... [tags: Donald Trump, Ivana Trump, Fred Trump]
1297 words (3.7 pages)
- When it comes to the final presidential debate the finalist are a different type of people than the rest of this world. On the 26th of September 2016 at Hofstra University the first presidential debate was taken place and the moderator was Lester Holt. The two candidates were Hillary Clinton and Donald J. Trump. The debate was ninety minutes long and was distributed into six different sections which were each fifteen-minute-long and each candidate has two minutes to answers the question and then there will be a discussion.... [tags: Question, Answer, Donald Trump]
851 words (2.4 pages)