The organ of cardiac muscle, also known as the heart, is comprised of two atria and two ventricles. There are additionally four valves in our heart that prevent the backflow of blood and keep the blood flowing in one direction. Two valves are found in the heart and two are found in the major arteries in the heart. Those major arteries are the aorta and the pulmonary artery. The human heart is made up of four-chambers that is separated into the right half and the left half which each have their own atrium. The atrium on each side of the heart...
... middle of paper ...
...he heart sends the bad blood the the lungs to be cleaned of the contaminate.
The circulatory and respiratory system are two systems that both play major roles in our everyday lives. Both systems have important responsibilities and have essential jobs to the human body. The circulatory system is the system that circulates the blood to the rest of the body while the respiratory system is the system that transports the blood to the circulatory system. The circulatory system provides the body with clean blood and transports the bad blood to the lungs to be cleaned of carbon dioxide. The respiratory system cleans the blood in the lungs and transports it back to the heart to be redistributed to the rest of the body. These two systems effectively and efficiently work together in order to supply the body with oxygen and remove carbon dioxide and any other harmful materials.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Circulatory System The Circulatory System is a transportation and cooling system for the body. The Red Blood Cells act like billions of little mail men carrying all kinds of things that are needed by the cells, also RBC's carry oxygen and nutrients to the cells. All cells in the body require oxygen to remain alive. Also there is another kind of cells called white blood cells moving in the system. Why blood cells protect from bacteria and other things that are harmful. The Circulatory system contains vein arteries, veins are used to carry blood to the heart and arteries to carry the blood away.... [tags: Human Body]
420 words (1.2 pages)
- It does not matter what animal, seastar or human, every single animal has a circulatory system. When one visualizes a circulatory system, he or she imagines a beating heart with blood vessels spreading across the body. Definition of circulatory system according to a scientific source: “The system in the body by which blood and lymph are circulated.” - Boundless Textbook. In other words, a heart is not required to be a part of the circulatory system. The human circulatory system has a more complex physiology and anatomy compared to echinoderms.... [tags: Heart, Blood, Blood vessel, Circulatory system]
1822 words (5.2 pages)
- The human body is an amazing machine, we have cells, tissues, organs and organ system that come together to create the human race. Each system plays a key role in our bodies mechanism. Without each systems our bodies would not function properly, but what happens when one of these system fails. The Cardiovascular system components are blood, blood vessels and the heart. The hearts function is to pump blood to all the major organs and tissues (Circulatory). It’s also important to be aware of the derivation that our bodies may encounter, for example a stroke.... [tags: Blood, Heart, Circulatory system, Blood vessel]
808 words (2.3 pages)
- The circulatory system is consist of a heart, blood vessels and blood, and is liable for transporting life-giving oxygen all over body. While exercise, body’s need for oxygen rises; the harder the work out, the more oxygen body demands. To make sure that the sufficient oxygen is offered for muscles during activity, body makes short- and long-term fluctuations. Exercise and Heart The heart -- stated to as the myocardium, meaning heart muscle -- is a four-chambered pump about the size of a fist, positioned slightly left of center in a chest.... [tags: Heart, Blood, Circulatory system, Blood vessel]
1492 words (4.3 pages)
- Structure, Function & Enzymes The Circulatory System The human circulatory system, or cardiovascular system, is made up of the heart, blood and blood vessels. The circulatory system has three functions: transportation of substances, protection from disease and regulation of temperature. The heart pumps blood to our body tissues via a network of blood vessels. Humans have a closed circulatory system that is in two parts; the systemic circulation and the pulmonary circulation. The systemic system carries oxygenated blood around the body and deoxygenated blood back to the heart, the pulmonary system carries deoxygenated blood from the heart to the lungs, and the oxygenated blood from the lungs... [tags: Blood, Heart, Digestion, Circulatory system]
1528 words (4.4 pages)
- The Human Circulatory System The human circulatory is one of, if not the, most important system in the body. “It consists of such organs as the heart, and lungs” (Dunbar 4). “However every organ and organ system in the body is nourished and kept alive through the use of the circulatory system” (2-4). The main organ in the circulatory system is the heart. “Basically, the heart is a pump that keeps fresh blood coursing through your body, bringing oxygen and nutrients to all your organs and cells” (2).... [tags: Biology Biological Science Essays]
1944 words (5.6 pages)
- The Circulatory System Have you ever wondered how the circulatory system works. Me too. It is truly amazing what our body does to pump blood (a liquid that carries nutrients) around the body to supply the muscles with energy. The circulatory system is the system in our bodies that is in-charge of circulating blood around the body. The heart is the central point of the circulatory system. It is almost entirely made of involuntary muscle, meaning that the heart works on its own, and the brain doesn't have to tell it what to do.... [tags: Blood, Heart, Body]
667 words (1.9 pages)
- The Circulatory System The circulatory system is one of the most important systems in the human body. It consists of the heart and blood vessels. It is what makes the blood in our body go round. The blood carries oxygen, nutrients and hormones and takes them to where they are needed and removes the waste products like carbon dioxide. The circulatory system nourishes every cell, tissue, organ and organ system in the body. There are approximately ten pints of blood constantly circulating through seventy- five- thousand miles of blood vessels.... [tags: Papers]
561 words (1.6 pages)
- ... Red blood cells are transported around the blood vessels in a straw-like fluid called plasma. Blood also contains bacteria fighting white blood cells of which there are fewer than red blood cells, but they are larger in size. If the walls of the blood vessels are breached, platelets in the blood composition help to form a clotting system to keep the blood in, and bacteria from entering the system. The structure of the blood vessels are similar to the structure of the heart. They have an outer layer which acts as a sheath for the vessel, a muscular inner layer which dilates and constricts to help pump blood around the cardiovascular system, and an inner wall with a smooth lining to help w... [tags: circulatory system, heart, blood, vessels]
785 words (2.2 pages)
- The circulatory system consists of three parts; they are known as the heart, blood and, blood vessels. The chapter primarily focuses blood circulation and the importance of its functions. Blood is a sticky dense liquid that is known to be denser than water. The human adult body can contain up to about five point five liters of blood however, there is a distinct difference between males and females; and that is because male body types has a larger capacity for blood than the female body types. The three functions of blood are to transport, to protect, and to regulate.... [tags: Blood, Red blood cell, White blood cell]
1507 words (4.3 pages)