The smoking of cigarettes leads to many serious and fatal health problems and because of those health problems caused by smoking in the United States smoking is the most preventable cause of death. Due to the four thousand plus chemicals in a cigarette the amount of illnesses that can come from smoking are endless. From lung cancer to heart diseases people are losing their loved ones because of the easy access to cigarettes. By allowing the sale of these toxic cigarettes people are able to easily subject themselves to a death that will come on average thirteen to fourteen years sooner than someone who is able to control themselves from purchasing something that is in front of their face anytime they go into a gas station or simply to get a carton of eggs from the grocery store. By the government allowing the purchase of cigarettes they are allowing people to slowly kill themselves.
Not only are cigarettes harmful to a person themselves but they are also harmful to the environment. Each year there are four and a half trillion cigarette butts discarded worldwid...
... middle of paper ...
... they are killing their child. But of course those smokers are able to get access to an addictive little cigarette that is killing both them and their child.
As one can easily see cigarettes have no long term positive side effects. Yes, they may create a short burst of stress relief but is all the long term stress really worth it? There are numerous possible health risks that can result from smoking. Not only that but, it’s a big waste of money and it ruins the environment. Overall, it should be very clear that cigarettes should be made illegal.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Cigarettes should be made illegal, as they damage the human body and have adverse effects on one’s quality of life. When it comes to cigarette smoking there are many different views on how it can affect a person. Cigarettes may not seem big, but for every single cigarette a person smokes eleven minutes is taken from their lives (Shaw 53). Another fact about cigarettes are that they are the number one killers of people. Although, not all smokers die from cancer or other illnesses inflicted by smoking for years.... [tags: Tobacco smoking, Cigarette, Tobacco, Smoking]
912 words (2.6 pages)
- Although there are multiple people in this world that smoke, an estimated one and one tenth billion people, the purchase of cigarettes should be made illegal. The highly addictive ingredients in cigarettes are killers even though it may not seem like it considering it can take many years for them to actually kill a person. In 2012, if someone were to smoke a pack a day, then every year they would spend around five thousand dollars on cigarettes and that does not include all the money they may or might soon need to pay for any health issues that may affect them, or family members, from smoking.... [tags: highly addictive ingredients, cancer]
633 words (1.8 pages)
- In the world smoking cigarettes has become a trend for every age group. People of all races and religions smoke, some even do it because the religion encourages it, others do it purely for social fun. Selling and manufacturing cigarettes not only has negative impact on human consumer health, but in severe cases it can even lead to ailments and death. People need to ignore the positive outcome that cigarette business brings to the society and realize that the, $23 million dollars used every day for the purpose of making these companies bigger and better are dollars wasted.... [tags: Tobacco, Smoking, Tobacco smoking, Cigarette]
1485 words (4.2 pages)
- The sale of cigarettes and tobacco is a multi-billion dollar industry, but is it truly worth all the problems that stem from their use. Health care costs are extremely high due to all the health problems associated with cigarettes and tobacco. Even though research has proven time and time again the harmful effects of cigarettes, and the rising cost of health care caused by cigarettes our government will not take a stand and stop all manufacturing of the horrible toxins. Every year new medical reports are issued regarding the harmful effects of smoking cigarettes.... [tags: Argumentative, Persuasive, smoking, tobacco]
1584 words (4.5 pages)
- About ten million cigarettes are sold around the world on a daily basis. Facts like that makes one wonder of the affects that come along with smoking cigarettes. Although cigarette consumption is a growing market around the world, its production and sale should be made illegal due to its addictive additives, the physical toll it take on one’s body and the growing use of e-cigarettes. Addiction is a condition that results in a recurring behavior of a pleasurable substance or activity that becomes compulsive and interferes with ordinary life responsibilities.... [tags: Nicotine, Smoking, Cigarette, Tobacco]
817 words (2.3 pages)
- ... In the end you just end up addicted to tobacco. Many people don’t know the real ingredients to what they are smoking. Don’t people know how many chemicals Tobaccos Company’s put in their cigarettes. Marlboro a well-known cigarette brand put some of the ingredients on their website. Marlboro has many ingredients that are not hazards to the human body, but they only show water, sugars, cocoa, carob bean, nature artificial flavors, and diammonium phosphate. What are the ingredients that harm the body.... [tags: detriments of smoking]
1249 words (3.6 pages)
- More than 45,000 human beings are dyeing per year because of something that carries more than 7000 chemicals, some of which cause cancer. Cigarettes are very bad for a person’s health. It is heard commonly, but not many people really care about this problem. Making the sale of cigarettes Illegal would solve the problem thoroughly. The production and sale of cigarettes should be illegal so that more people can be saved from death. The production and sale of cigarettes should be made illegal because cigarettes are having a negative impact on society, they harm non-smokers by second hand smoking and cause many serious health risks.... [tags: Smoking, Tobacco smoking, Tobacco, Lung cancer]
1396 words (4 pages)
- Rough draft 2 What causes the death of thousands of Americans, infectious disease and multiple forms of cancers. Tobacco and Cigarettes are to blame. Consecutively, more than 400,000 Americans have died each year due to smoking related illnesses and cancers. The effects smoking has on the inside of the human body is so harsh and deteriorating, that there should be no reason for cigarettes to still be legal. What’s still so flabbergasting is, while knowing the life-threating effects cigarettes have, people still continue to smoke cigarettes.... [tags: Tobacco, Cigarette, Smoking, Tobacco smoking]
989 words (2.8 pages)
- Smoking cigarettes is common among most adults in the United States, yet it is one of the most dangerous things you can do to yourself. Many people feel that smoking should be made illegal. The reason they may feel this way is because it is very harmful to your health and can lead to death. I strongly agree that cigarettes should be banned from being sold and produced because to me they’re considered a dangerous drug. The first reason that supports my claim of smoking cigarettes should be banned is that it is a “major cause to preventable and premature deaths”, according to the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention.... [tags: legal issues, drugs, cigarettes]
930 words (2.7 pages)
- In the world that surrounds the human race every day, debates about cigarettes are ongoing. Many think that cigarettes should be banned and made illegal just as heroin was. On the contrary, giving up old habits such as smoking can be hard to accomplish and is fought otherwise. The truth is that with every drug there’s a cost that must be paid, although cigarettes are more settled, the life threatening effects cause cancer, heart disease and death. There are state drug laws that make it illegal to process, cultivate and manufacture dangerous paraphernalia.... [tags: Cigarette, Nicotine, Oxygen, Heart]
1129 words (3.2 pages)
- Animal Farm by George Orwell: A Satirical Allegory of Soviet Totalitarianism
- Women Get Depressed by Looking at Fashion Magazines
- Parenting Styles and Their Effects on Children
- Animal Farm by George Orwell: An Opposition to Corrupt Governments
- Creative Writing: The Flying Lotus
- Personal Experience: The Seventh Grade