On March the 6th 2016, I visited the Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral church in San Francisco. The site is located at a convenient neighborhood one block south Union st at 1530 Green St. This Orthodox Church is the oldest Orthodox parish in town, and it is one of the few parishes in northern California with such a unique shape. The church was designed to show the Russian unique architect, and its outstanding shape connected to Moscow patriarch. Even though it is a small church, but it looks stunning where it placed right in the corner with a two sides street view.
What religious tradition the site is a part of
The contemporary Orthodox Church historically connects to the earliest Christian communities founded in the eastern part of the Mediterranean by the Apostles of Jesus. Coming after the time where Christianity was shaped in this area by the transfer of the capital imperial from Rome to Constantinople by Constantine the great. The Eastern Orthodox Church considered being one of the oldest religious in the world, saying that it is also one, holy, catholic, and ap...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The important thing in following Jesus is knowing him. There might be a confusion about the trinity that goes back to the early years, but when we acknowledge that God has revealed himself to us through Jesus and through the Holy Spirit we can understand the three-fold-ness of his manifestations. We cannot have an intimate relationship with God without Jesus or the Holy Spirit in the center of it all. Chapter 2: Understanding the Trinity: How the Church Preserved the Mystery. The circle in the middle of the diagram presented by Dr.... [tags: God, Trinity, Holy Spirit, Christianity]
706 words (2 pages)
- Around the time after Jesus’ resurrection, Christians were confused and they needed answers. Jesus was just arisen from the dead. The Church now had Jesus and God to look to, but who was the leader of it all. Who were they to worship. Where does the Spirit fit into all of this. After many questions, they looked to Scripture. Christians have had the belief of Monotheism and that there is One God. Yet, it wasn’t until the Church looked to Scripture that they pieced together what is now known as the Holy Trinity.... [tags: Christianity, Trinity, Holy Spirit, Jesus]
786 words (2.2 pages)
- I conducted a church site visit to a church by the name of Blessed Family of God on Sunday November 20, 2016. Service was scheduled to start at 1030 am. It did not get underway until approximately 1045 am. My visit to this church is a visit that I will always remember. This church was located next to a used tire shop. So needless to say the outside looked nothing like a church besides a small petite sign taped on the bottom right side of the door. They had a little parking sign that the church had made to show that the parking lot was to the rear of the building.... [tags: Christianity, Bible, Trinity, Holy Spirit]
2046 words (5.8 pages)
- Holy Trinity Cathedral Where Are you. On March the 6th 2016, I visited the Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral church in San Francisco. The site is located at a convenient neighborhood one block south Union st at 1530 Green St. This Orthodox Church is the oldest Orthodox parish in town, and it is one of the few parishes in northern California with such a unique shape. The church was designed to show the Russian unique architect, and its outstanding shape connected to Moscow patriarch. Even though it is a small church, but it looks stunning where it placed right in the corner with a two sides street view.... [tags: Christianity, Jesus, Christian terms, Trinity]
1197 words (3.4 pages)
- According to The United Methodist Book of Discipline paragraph 120 “the mission of the Church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. Local churches provide the most significant arena through which disciple-making occurs.” The rational of the mission statement goes on to indicate that “proclaiming the good news of God’s grace and by exemplifying Jesus’ command to love God and neighbor” aids in pursuing the satisfaction of God’s supremacy and reign of the entire world.... [tags: Trinity, Holy Spirit, Christianity]
1376 words (3.9 pages)
- Christianity today, has an global structure. It has influenced and spawned many different yet similar religions over its years. One of those religions is Mormonism or more formally called, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. Christianity is one of the oldest and most practiced religions in the world and when compared, Mormonism is a newborn infant. Although Mormonism is growing at a exponential rate and is the fourth largest religion in the United States with over fifteen million members, according to the church.... [tags: Christianity, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Trinity]
1184 words (3.4 pages)
- The term trinity is used to indicate the doctrine used in the Christian faith that is interpreted as symbolizing that God is unified in his existence in three definite persons which is God the father, God the son and God the holy spirit (Hodgson, Juugel, Kelly, Presitge, Wainwright, 2016). The essence of understanding the trinity is comprehending that God is three persons, each person is divine, and there is only one God (Johnson, 2014, 174-175). Theologians may debate that the term persons may not be the appropriate term in reference to the trinity just because persons may be viewed as actually being separated in the physical since (Gordon, 2015, 485).... [tags: God, Trinity, Holy Spirit, Christianity]
1151 words (3.3 pages)
- Innovators can be found in all fields of work, whether it is Albert Einstein in physics, Isaac Newton in mathematics, or Masaccio in early Renaissance painting. Even though these individuals labored in different fields, the influences of their work on later generations were equally great. Masaccio was able to build upon the works of proto-Renaissance painters such as Giotto, to further develop the mathematical technique of linear perspective to open a window into the world for his viewers. His innovative style can be found in most of his work, such as “The Tribute Money” found inside the Brancacci chapel, but the best example of his style is found not far from the Brancacci chapel in Florenc... [tags: Art]
2278 words (6.5 pages)
- Pope Francis has answered so many questions I had about our Faith, Church and the way we can be Christ to others in today’s world. This course has re-ignited my love for the faith and reinforced the fact that I am supposed to be working in stewardship. I was so scared when I said my yes to our pastor, being that I don’t have all of the theology that others might have. Pope Francis affirms you don’t need a degree to live a life that leads others to the Lord. #151 “We are not asked to be flawless, but to keep growing and wanting to grow as we advance along the path of the Gospel; our arms must never grow slack… The Holy Spirit, who inspired the word, “today, just as at the beginning of the Chu... [tags: Christianity, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Trinity]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- Relational Principles for Effective Church Leadership Dr. Willis M. Watt authored this article on Relational Principles for Effective Church Leadership. He explained 8 different principles that lead to a person having a effective relational ministry. The first principle was mission and how a Church leader should be able to rally people together to go on mission. He stated, “Future church leaders must be able to unite everyone in the same direction.” His Second Principle was Conflict Management and how a leader should be careful how they use their power of influence to effect conflict resolution.... [tags: Trinity, Holy Spirit, Jesus, Christian terms]
1714 words (4.9 pages)
- Crime And Society Are Linked, For Better Or Worse?
- My Personal Goal For My Future Classroom
- The Death Of Abraham Cherrix
- Human Resource Practices And Internal Customer Satisfaction
- School Based Group Intervention Programs For Children Of Divorce
- The Elderly 's Perceptions Of Filial Piety Commercials