The beginning of Christianity is said to have started with Jesus Christ himself, and his apostles. During this time in Judea ( present day Isreal ) the culture was a mixture of Judism and Roman paganism. The Jewish people did not like living under Roman rule, reliving what their ancestors had when they were enslaved by the Egyptians. Many groups with different outlooks formed, some fought the Romans while others obeyed, yet some hid themselves and waited for the day when their Messiah would come to liberate them. This saviour was Jesus of Nazerath. Jesus 's teachings caused great unrest among - not just the Romans but also the Jewish powers to be. So threatened they were, that Jesus was sentenced to death. Jesus 's desciples saw to ...
... middle of paper ...
...a few similarities and differences to say the lease, between these two major religions. Both have creations that today sound like fairy-tales and fantasy although Christianity has had a lot more time to develop and we can see how it has evolved over its thousands of years. With Mormonism, we are actually getting to see it grow up before our eyes. It will be interesting to see what becomes of Mormonism when it has had the time that Christianity has had on this earth. With so many people living on this planet, and so many different viewpoints, there is always going to be room for new interpretations and religions. No one religion or person is ever going to be perfect, but that is what makes us and all of our ideas special, the differences.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- RE-113 Assignment Twelve (1) What are the beliefs of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (The Mormon Church). The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a non-traditional sect of Protestant Christianity and has about fourteen million followers. The faith began when its founder, Joseph Smith, found golden tablets, a seer stone to read what was inscribed on the tablets, and other items buried in a hill. Joseph Smith found the items with the instruction of an angel named Moroni, whom he claimed guided him.... [tags: Christianity, Jesus, Bible, Christian denomination]
1214 words (3.5 pages)
- Christianity today, has an global structure. It has influenced and spawned many different yet similar religions over its years. One of those religions is Mormonism or more formally called, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. Christianity is one of the oldest and most practiced religions in the world and when compared, Mormonism is a newborn infant. Although Mormonism is growing at a exponential rate and is the fourth largest religion in the United States with over fifteen million members, according to the church.... [tags: Christianity, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Trinity]
1184 words (3.4 pages)
- A cult may be defined as a group of people centred about one person’s religious, social or political ideology (Martin, 2003). It is a movement that venerates a specific person, and uses manipulative techniques to recruit members and raise funds. Cults demand complete obedience from the members and use them to work, provide money and provide sexual favours for the benefit of the leaders. Most cults engage in criminal activities such as child marriages, sexual abuse, kidnapping, assault, arson and even murder (Snow, 2003).... [tags: cults, flds church, warren jeff, polygamy]
1168 words (3.3 pages)
- The Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ was the name of the church I attended during the last couple of weeks. It was my friends’ church that was located in Brazil, Indiana. It was a fairly small church compared to other churches I have been to. It was a primarily black church with a few other races that attended also. This church had a guy drumming during every song that was song. I found this church to be very different from the ones we discussed in class. This church service was interesting to me because the worship service was charismatic and it inspired many that were in the church at the time.... [tags: Christianity, God, God in Christianity]
1169 words (3.3 pages)
- The missionaries of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints always have to learn a new language if they are called to serve in an area that is speaking another language beside their mother language. Moreover, after President Thomas S. Monson had announced the change of ages for the missionaries in 2012, the numbers of full time missionaries had increase to 6.5 million in the follow year (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints). Therefore, Missionaries Training Center (MTC) becomes the most important transitional place for all missionaries since that is the place that they first learn the new language.... [tags: Learning, Study skills, Education]
1126 words (3.2 pages)
- Many people have varying ideas about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It has been said that the Mormons are a cult out to destroy the beliefs of the other Christian churches. Some believe that they are not a true Christian church, that they hide their beliefs from investigators of their religion, and they keep important details of their religion secret until after you have become a member. It is also said that they are not Christian because they use The Book of Mormon instead of the Bible.... [tags: Mormon Church]
434 words (1.2 pages)
- “I am not learned, but I have as good feelings as any man.” – Joseph Smith Jr. It was Joseph Smith who brought the Mormon religion about again. It was about while Christ was alive but fell away as people only took part of what he said and created their own religion. As time passed it was forgotten and only came about again after God prophesied to Joseph Smith and told him what to do. Joseph Smith became the first prophet and brought the Mormon religion back to the surface. Now the Mormon religion relies on their history to teach of Joseph Smith, the Mormon trail, and of Mormons today.... [tags: Religion, Prophets, Persecution ]
1260 words (3.6 pages)
- “True evangelical faith cannot lie dormant. It clothes the naked. It feeds the hungry. It comforts the sorrowful. It shelters the destitute. It serves those that harm it. It binds up that which is wounded. It has become all things to all men.” –Menno Simons, North American Mennonite. When I first was given the Mennonite Religion I was fairly interested and hesitant because, obviously any teenager does not want to do a four to five page research paper, but I was pleasantly surprised on how much fun this experience on researching a religion really was.... [tags: Jesus Christ, Church, Religion, Beliefs, America]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- Christian church services Based on the Great Commission of Jesus Christ the Lord , firmly and clearly , Jesus Christ gave tasks and commands you [ pointing to the churches , as well as those who believe in Jesus as Lord and Savior ] , as written in the Bible , namely : "To me has been given all authority in heaven and on earth . Therefore go and make disciples of all nations , baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit , and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you .... [tags: marturia, diakonia, christianity]
1366 words (3.9 pages)
- On, April 6, 1830, a then 24-year-old young man named Joseph Smith Jr. gathered in a small room along with six other people to organize a Church that would change American history. Since the age of 14, Joseph Smith had always been a source of contentment and ridicule by people of all social classes and religions. Ten years earlier, in the spring of 1820, this young boy declared that he had seen a vision, that he had been visited by both God, and His Son, Jesus Christ. This vision is a cornerstone of the Church that is known today as, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, nicknamed the “Mormons”, a religion that was built on the ideals of communal living and strict obedience to re... [tags: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints]
1703 words (4.9 pages)
- Improving Healthcare Information Systems Including Data Security
- Effects Of Physical Abuse On Children
- Predictive Modeling And Quality Analysis Among Others
- Analysis Of Katherine Mansfield 's ' The Garden Party '
- I Am Called For Duty, God
- The Role Of Sociocultural Aspects Among Arabic As A Foreign Language