At the same time pumpkins are being carved and candy is purchased, turkeys and Thanksgiving decorations are set up across department stores, grocery stores, and convenience stores nationwide. Once November is finally here, we are all ready bundled up in sweaters with turkey's thawing in the kitchen sink, and football being viewed on television sets across America. Keeping the family together for what is only dinner. No tree, no presents, just thanks and giving, for family friends, health, or what ever you may be thankful for. The day after Thanksgiving, is consider by many as "Black Friday", dreary as it may sound, Black Friday is the largest Christmas shopping day of the year. It is on this day that all hell seems to break loose and will continue its reign until January is here.
Christmas is recognized as he day that Jesu...
... middle of paper ...
...umanity? Where is the good will toward men? All though the times have changed and Christmas isn't the same as It's a Wonderful Life or Miracle on 33rd Street brilliant magical events are still possible. Christmas is still a warm time of year, whether you celebrate the holiday or not, there is still that feeling in the air. It may be colder, but remember to stay warm for the health of your body and soul. Keep family and friends close, sing a Carole, drink hot chocolate, take a minute to look at the lights on the houses and just enjoy. Even with all the plastic elements of the seasons still in existence we all know what this time of year is about. We all celebrate and perceive in different ways. Christmas will always stay dear to children and adults a like, and it's a
wonderful excuse to vacation and relax before the Baby New Year pokes his head around the corner.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Season’s Greetings: The Evolution of the Christmas Holiday Season It’s the most wonderful time of the year—or so we thought. Between all the joy and magic associated with Christmas, it seems almost impossible to be in a bad mood. However, the countdown until Christmas has turned into an annoyance for many. Over the past several decades, the Christmas season has evolved into one of commercialization and debate among various groups and organizations. The creation of fictional characters such as Santa Claus has taken away from the spiritual meaning of the holiday.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas tree, Christmas controversy]
1754 words (5 pages)
- During the holiday season, it is easy to forget the true meaning of Christmas. As cliché as this may sound I find it to be very truthful. There seems to be a lot of pressure put on regular everyday average Americans, to celebrate, share the good will and get that perfect gift for that special some one in your life. Possibly your lover, mother or brother. Each year the same trend seems to be followed. September and October roll around and the season begins to change. The trees color turn light red and yellow as they begin to loose their leaves.... [tags: Descriptive Holiday]
991 words (2.8 pages)
- THESIS STATEMENT The evolution of the figure known as Santa Claus may be traced through religious, mythological, and cultural portrayals from the fourth century A.D. to the present. PURPOSE STATEMENT Through extensive research and quoted material, this paper will display how the legend of Santa Claus has grown and developed through history to become a modern day icon of the Christmas holiday season. INTRODUCTION Carols, snow, mistletoe, cookies and milk. These are all synonymous with the Christmas season.... [tags: Christmas Season, Saint Nicholas]
2237 words (6.4 pages)
- In my district, there was an 8th grade season before Christmas and a 7th grade season after. I feel like I was able to move from stage 1 to stage 2 by the beginning of the 7th grade season, becoming more confident and interested in learning more about coaching, having survived the first season. At this point in my learning, I was doing less consulting the people who had helped me, although I did not abandon their guidance completely, and more researching on my own. Again to draw on Grow’s examples, their role at this point was more a guide and motivator.... [tags: Learning, Knowledge, Skill]
1300 words (3.7 pages)
- 1. What is zero-based budgeting. This is a budgeting process that requires managers to prepare budgets each period from ground zero for all the operations. Each period budget can feed off previous approved period budget. Under this method every activity must be justified and cost explained that generates revenue for a company. All costs are justified each time a budget is completed. Why do most retailers utilize incremental budgeting. Retailers use incremental budgeting because it is a simple process and easy for store managers to produce.... [tags: Christmas and holiday season, Retailing]
1175 words (3.4 pages)
- Season’s Greetings Sunday afternoon, a cloudy day. Right after lunch, I was heading West to see the play. I was excited already to start with the Christmas spirit, even though, Thanksgiving still far. I got to the theatre, on the second floor. I bought my ticket on this little window at the end of the hallway. As I entered the theater I could hear the Christmas songs and notice the big Christmas tree in the middle of the stage. The type of stage is proscenium with an extended apron; its structure was very different.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas tree, Theatre]
971 words (2.8 pages)
- “Christmas, Christmas time is near. Time for toys and time for cheer.” Almost anyone can sing along to this Christmas Carol, but many can not relate to the lyrics. Christmas time is a joy for many, it is spent with their family opening presents. All around the world many children do not get to enjoy the luxury of Christmas presents around this holiday, and there are many in the community near you who do not have this privilege. The program that has been designed to be a help for communities all over the country is the Christmas Share outreach.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas tree, Christmas Eve]
1299 words (3.7 pages)
- Winter There are four different types of seasons. They are Summer, Spring, Fall, and Winter. They each hold its own period in which they occur. Some days are long and some days are short depending on the season. Different weather, daylight hours, holidays, and different events are all events in which occur throughout the season. The events that can occur also depends on what’s the season. In each season, there are different activities that can be accomplished. For example, some seasons contain certain holidays that occur in them like Christmas, which only happens in the winter.... [tags: Season, Winter, Weather, Autumn]
1336 words (3.8 pages)
- You better watch out, you better not cry, better not pout I’m telling you why Santa Claus is coming to town (John Frederick Coots and Haven Gillespie). Christmas is around the corner, and kindness and happiness are full filling people souls. The wonderful Christmas tree smell that invade the living room gives you the sense of being on a real mountain. Also, enjoying the snow from the window with a cup of hot chocolate and a good book give you so much peace to your inner self. Overall, Christmas sounds like a lovely time where everybody is full of joy.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas tree, Christmas carol]
1224 words (3.5 pages)
- While consumers wake up at the crack of dawn the day after Thanksgiving to rush to the malls for the best deals of the year, the beginning of the holiday season is marked by the handful of movie marathons featuring holiday classics. The Christmas holiday celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ in the Christian faith has expanded beyond its religious significance and transformed into a cultural phenomenon observed by both believers and non-believers. According to a Pew Research study conducted in 2013, 92 percent of Americans and 96 percent of Christians participate in Christmas festivities.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas Eve, Christmas worldwide]
1250 words (3.6 pages)