My family and I absolutely love putting up the green Christmas tree. We start putting up the tree the day after Thanksgiving. The kids anxiously waiting gather around the deep dark wooden coffee table that centers the room. As the kids are waiting I pull out my black laptop and set it on the coffee table to start playing Christmas music. The first song that plays is “Jingle bells”. Christian, Ethan, and Kayla start singing along. “Jingle bells, Jingle bells jingle all the way.” Then dad chimes in “Oh what fun it is to ride on a one horse open sleigh.” Everyone bust out laughing. We start to pull out the dark hunter green Christmas tree, the beautiful brightly colored lights, and all the funky shaped ordainments. Once we struggle to put every piece of the tree together, then come the lights. As most of you know it is always fun to untangle the lights before putting them on the tree. After the tree is up and lights are on the c...
... middle of paper ...
...ts filled up the room. With the lights from the tree still beaming the kids ask if they can start opening. We get the camera ready. They start tearing into the paper. Shredding every piece of beautiful wrapping paper. Yelling and shouting with excitement with each box they open. There are toys and paper everywhere. Seeing their smiling faces and the excitement throughout the whole room makes Christmas the best holiday.
Christmas is full of cheer and excitement every year with putting up the large beautiful tree, Driving through the bursting colorful light display, and the most rewarding of all Christmas morning. Our family truly enjoys all the activities, but the music is what really ties it all together. The music might only be in the background, however Christmas would not be the same without it. My family and I cannot wait until Christmas comes around next year.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It is that time of the year again. Thanksgiving is quickly approaching, and the yuletide season is just around the corner. For evidence of this, one needs to look no farther than his local Walmart, which has certainly been proudly displaying their plastic Christmas trees and blow-up Frosty the Snowmans since Halloween. Yes, Christmas is almost here, and along with it doorbuster sales, long lines, late nights spent shopping online, and a last-minute sprint to the local Target. Over the years, this consumerism has come to define Christmas, and the once sentimental holiday has become dependent on the quality of gifts rather than the time spent with loved ones.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas tree, Yule]
800 words (2.3 pages)
- Christmas Christmas is a Christian holiday that takes place on December 25 each year. Christmas is supposed to be a celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ, but is that just what American’s celebrate. “Ironically, at most Christmas parties the person whose birthday we 're supposed to be celebrating is completely ignored. He 's never even mentioned. Although Jesus is the reason for the season, he 's often overlooked or merely mentioned along with Rudolph, Frosty the Snowman, Santa Claus, the Grinch, elves, and a long list of celebrated fictional characters” (Warren).... [tags: Christmas, Christmas tree, Christmas Eve, Gift]
882 words (2.5 pages)
- As I look out my window I see tiny snowflakes slowly drifting down. I can hear the roar of laughter coming from the living room downstairs. Soon enough Saint Nick will be upon us. Christmas always brings everyone home for the holidays. Christmas is my favorite holiday because of the traditions my families and I celebrate that include our Christmas Eve routine, Christmas morning routine, and giving back to our community. Everyone has a Christmas Eve routine. Christmas Eve starts with getting ready for mass.... [tags: Christmas Eve, Christmas, Christmas tree]
1313 words (3.8 pages)
- “Christmas, Christmas time is near. Time for toys and time for cheer.” Almost anyone can sing along to this Christmas Carol, but many can not relate to the lyrics. Christmas time is a joy for many, it is spent with their family opening presents. All around the world many children do not get to enjoy the luxury of Christmas presents around this holiday, and there are many in the community near you who do not have this privilege. The program that has been designed to be a help for communities all over the country is the Christmas Share outreach.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas tree, Christmas Eve]
1299 words (3.7 pages)
- Our Christmas Day Rituals Christmas Day - a day my entire family looks forward to every year. To our family, it is not so much a religious celebration, but rather a celebration of family culture and togetherness. Our consumption rituals over the course of many years, has shaped our interpretation and understanding of this holiday. Although there are factors that have changed our celebration, in general, Christmas Day is a day where we get up early, dress nicely, exchange gifts, and spend the rest of the day hanging around the house together, and eat together.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas tree, Christmas Eve]
2017 words (5.8 pages)
- While consumers wake up at the crack of dawn the day after Thanksgiving to rush to the malls for the best deals of the year, the beginning of the holiday season is marked by the handful of movie marathons featuring holiday classics. The Christmas holiday celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ in the Christian faith has expanded beyond its religious significance and transformed into a cultural phenomenon observed by both believers and non-believers. According to a Pew Research study conducted in 2013, 92 percent of Americans and 96 percent of Christians participate in Christmas festivities.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas Eve, Christmas worldwide]
1250 words (3.6 pages)
- The Christmas holiday celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ in the Christian faith has expanded beyond its religious significance and been transformed into a cultural phenomenon observed by both believers and non-believers. According to a Pew Research study conducted in 2013, 92 percent of Americans and 96 percent of Christians participate in Christmas festivities. The same study also revealed that 81 percent of non-Christians, including atheists, Buddhists, and Hindus, also observe the holiday.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas Eve, Christmas worldwide]
1199 words (3.4 pages)
- Among the many countries in the world, Philippines is distinctly known to have the longest Christmas season. Preparations for the holiday start as early as September because Filipinos consider the months ending with the syllable ‘ber’ as Christmas months. The celebration ends on the Feast of Epiphany or Three Kings which is celebrated on the first Sunday after New Year. Christmas is a time for Filipinos to set aside their personal problems and for once give in to the spirit of giving and sharing.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas Eve, Christmas tree]
1027 words (2.9 pages)
- Black Thanksgiving is Not a Holiday Thanksgiving Day is a day of family, food, and giving thanks for the blessings in life and yet some people believe Thanksgiving to be a prep day for Black Friday, the biggest shopping day of the year. The focus of Thanksgiving shifted from family bonding to incessant shopping. This trend of taking away from the hours of Thanksgiving in order to shop is enraging. It steals away from family time for the shoppers and the employees. Employers threaten workers that if they do not work on that certain holiday, they will be fired.... [tags: Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas]
827 words (2.4 pages)
- What Christmas Means to Me Christmas to me isn’t about all the flashy lights, ribbons, presents, or trees; the real reason for the season is the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Most people think just the opposite and lose sight of real meaning behind Christmas. Black Friday shopping has basically became a national holiday around the US simply because people are materialistic, and think things like the next new Xbox or play station is more important than spending time with their family. There is a big hint to the meaning of Christmas; the first word is Christ.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas tree, Christmas Eve, Yule]
1104 words (3.2 pages)