On the other hand, we have those who are truly passionate about Christmas. People fully enjoy the holiday music. Christmas music often creates a feeling of nostalgia and lifts the spirits of many people. Also, this season makes people believe more in charity. Donations are all over the place because donating makes people feel good. For example, donating toys to needy families can give you the sensation that you contribute to your community. Moreover, people become closer to their families. People have the chance to have a wonderful meal with their families which strengthen the bond and links generations closer together. Also, spending Christmas with the family gives people the chance to share happy memories and funny stories. Finally, Christmas gives you the sensation of being grat...
... middle of paper ...
...nxious and sad because they are not physically there with them. Indeed, the idea that Christmas is full of joy is a myth.
In conclusion, Christmas has changed throughout time because nowadays we are bombarded with so many advertisements that create a more deeply commercialized Christmas which provoke a deficit in people’s budget. Sometime people tend to forget about the Christmas spirit also demands a more active social interaction among family and friends and some people are not fond of the idea. The majority of couples tend to get trapped in this social interaction cycle which sometimes result in divorce. Finally, Christmas can also harm people’s health, some people suffer the holiday blues which is a deep depression that doesn’t allow people to enjoy Christmas in peace. Indeed, keep faking that smile that is helping you get through Christmas this year, good luck.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As I look out my window I see tiny snowflakes slowly drifting down. I can hear the roar of laughter coming from the living room downstairs. Soon enough Saint Nick will be upon us. Christmas always brings everyone home for the holidays. Christmas is my favorite holiday because of the traditions my families and I celebrate that include our Christmas Eve routine, Christmas morning routine, and giving back to our community. Everyone has a Christmas Eve routine. Christmas Eve starts with getting ready for mass.... [tags: Christmas Eve, Christmas, Christmas tree]
1313 words (3.8 pages)
- What Christmas Means to Me Christmas to me isn’t about all the flashy lights, ribbons, presents, or trees; the real reason for the season is the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Most people think just the opposite and lose sight of real meaning behind Christmas. Black Friday shopping has basically became a national holiday around the US simply because people are materialistic, and think things like the next new Xbox or play station is more important than spending time with their family. There is a big hint to the meaning of Christmas; the first word is Christ.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas tree, Christmas Eve, Yule]
1104 words (3.2 pages)
- ... This is a tactic used to try to make her as unnoticeable as a piece of dried gum on the road, and it works fairly well, despite the magnitude of her physique. When Arden finally reaches her destination she smiles in relief. In the middle of this over commercialized mall sits a sanctuary that smells of smoke, paper, and the little old man who runs it. A combination book and candle store, Wax and Words quickly became a haunt of hers when she moved to the city, and Mr. Hayes would give her discounts on some much-needed presents.... [tags: temopary, novels, mall]
653 words (1.9 pages)
- Our Christmas Day Rituals Christmas Day - a day my entire family looks forward to every year. To our family, it is not so much a religious celebration, but rather a celebration of family culture and togetherness. Our consumption rituals over the course of many years, has shaped our interpretation and understanding of this holiday. Although there are factors that have changed our celebration, in general, Christmas Day is a day where we get up early, dress nicely, exchange gifts, and spend the rest of the day hanging around the house together, and eat together.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas tree, Christmas Eve]
2017 words (5.8 pages)
- Everyone has holiday expectations and dreams of the perfect Thanksgiving, a magical Christmas and a prosperous New Year. While these expectations are what most strive for, it is not always how these occasions happen. Setting realistic expectations that leave room for mishaps that may occur will perhaps save you from suffering undue disappointments. There is nothing wrong with planning for a perfect holiday, but when things do not go as planned it can be devastating for some. Couples who are experiencing their first Thanksgiving together is a perfect example.... [tags: Holidays]
536 words (1.5 pages)
- Christmas time is a special time of the year for everyone. It is the holiday season, and everyone is rushing to buy the perfect gifts for that one special person. A lot of people’s favorite day of the year is Christmas due to the gifts. In my family, it 's our favorite day because it is the one day of the year all eight of us are all together. My parents always managed to make Christmas a special day for us, no matter how much money they had. We were raised to be thankful for the little things about the day, like being all together, and not just the gifts. Everyone has their own traditions for Christmas, some people open gifts the night before, some people go to bed early and wake up in th... [tags: Family, Mother, Parent, Christmas tree]
913 words (2.6 pages)
- Christmas - An Extraordinary Holiday As I grow older, Christmas is the greatest holiday for my family and me. The powerful feeling of family is never any stronger than on Christmas Day. The stress of the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve all seeps away as our children come running into our bedroom to see if we are awake yet. Even though our children are teenagers, the tradition doesn't change; Santa is real if you believe in him. I've seen our children wake up as early as 5:00 a.m. As our children awake us, my husband tries to draw out the anticipation by telling them he needs to take a shower first.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
785 words (2.2 pages)
- An Unlikely Holiday Tradition “People look forward to this,” Ward said. “It’s become a Christmas hit for us. People just keep their TV’s on.” Walter Ward is a spokesperson for the television station TNT. In 1998, TNT called it a “Ralphie marathon.” According to Ward, it was only a “stunt” but, when TNT saw how much the viewers liked it, it became a sort of tradition. Each year TNT runs a twenty-four hour marathon of the movie, A Christmas Story. That’s seventeen times from seven o’clock on Christmas Eve until seven o’clock on Christmas Day.... [tags: A Christmas Story Essays]
913 words (2.6 pages)
- Carol The novella A Christmas Carol written by Charles Dickens, is a classic book . The story is well known to every country and almost every generation has heard of it. The story is something that just warms our hearts during the holidays and makes us appreciate what’s important in our lives. The word carol is extremely important in the novella because it’s used throughout the book and is also a part of the title. Carol has many different definitions and is also even used as a boy or girl name.... [tags: classic books, story analysis]
790 words (2.3 pages)
- A romantic Holiday on New Year is one of the dearest desires of a couple and if you wish to make your beloved happy, you must surprise him/her with a perfect gift for forthcoming New Year; a romantic holiday in some place beautifully romantic and lovable that can increase the charm of you kissing your beloved at midnight. Apparently finding a good place with your choice can be a difficult thing but here we have some of the most exotic New Year escapes in Europe where you can visit and make that one night the most memorable time of your love life.... [tags: romantic, new year, paris]
559 words (1.6 pages)